Got my Z10 this morning, connected my accounts and I honestly don't see any difference in delivery of my email from my 9930. I have 2 gmails, a microsoft exchange account, and an work email and they all come instantaneously! I don't understand the griping and moaning or people refusing to get the device since cause of these "horror" email stories people are saying.

What ever I love this device, and I have caught myself just staring at it for 20 mins just in amazement on how awesome Blackberry did with this smartphone!
    amjass12 and Nels like this.
    03-28-13 04:12 PM
    Awesome! Congrats on z10. My email works great too.
    Mushu118 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:55 PM
    Got my Z10 this morning, connected my accounts and I honestly don't see any difference in delivery of my email from my 9930. I have 2 gmails, a microsoft exchange account, and an work email and they all come instantaneously! I don't understand the griping and moaning or people refusing to get the device since cause of these "horror" email stories people are saying.

What ever I love this device, and I have caught myself just staring at it for 20 mins just in amazement on how awesome Blackberry did with this smartphone!
    It does take some getting used to the Hub. I had my four on-board accounts displayed across the top of my 9900 Home screen, so that's still my orientation, a week in with the Z10. The better integration of the Hub is growing on me, but because of this shift, it seemed like it was lagging. But its as much my being slow to adjust my eyes as anything else. I was panicky about losing BIS, but now we direct the mail right from our Exchange Server right to the handheld, and for the first time I can manage the Exchange Inbox subfolders. So it is definitely better than before.
    03-28-13 05:16 PM
    It does take some getting used to the Hub. I had my four on-board accounts displayed across the top of my 9900 Home screen, so that's still my orientation, a week in with the Z10. The better integration of the Hub is growing on me, but because of this shift, it seemed like it was lagging. But its as much my being slow to adjust my eyes as anything else. I was panicky about losing BIS, but now we direct the mail right from our Exchange Server right to the handheld, and for the first time I can manage the Exchange Inbox subfolders. So it is definitely better than before.
    Most of the people complaining about slow email delivery aren't familiar with the details of how email works.

While the inclusion of Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync protocol provides many benefits to Blackberry smartphone users that were not available in previous Blackberry smartphones, there are two use cases where email delivery could be slower on the Z10 than on previous Blackberries: Yahoo and POP3.

POP3 is a 25-year-old protocol which is being used less and less, and doing what RIM was doing to collect it is extremely resource-intensive and the BIS system that provided that service had a variety of other issues.

The Yahoo "push" email system is proprietary and for some reason Blackberry no longer has a link to their proprietary system, probably because it would require converting their proprietary communications in some way to emulate open standard, internet-compatible "push" protocols (ie IMAP IDLE or Exchange ActiveSync), or adding proprietary features to their email client, which they are trying to avoid.

Here is a comprehensive post I did about the various methods of email delivery on the Z10:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yncing-777774/
    toobs623 likes this.
    03-31-13 01:01 PM
    I still can't send attachments and reply to certain emails from my 1 and 1 hosted imap accounts, pain in the arse.
    03-31-13 01:08 PM
    I still can't send attachments and reply to certain emails from my 1 and 1 hosted imap accounts, pain in the arse.
    Luckily I think the version of firmware that Verizon shipped with their Z10s does not have that flaw. Though I've only done limited testing so far.

Obviously that doesn't help you over there, though.
    03-31-13 02:41 PM
    My Hotmail is repeatedly about 5minutes. If I send myself a test email from my computer I notice the difference. On my OS7 it was faaaaaast. I've never threaded this or posted or complained, it is what it is, but kind of miss replying back to someone before they even look away.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 02:49 PM
    My Hotmail is repeatedly about 5minutes. If I send myself a test email from my computer I notice the difference. On my OS7 it was faaaaaast. I've never threaded this or posted or complained, it is what it is, but kind of miss replying back to someone before they even look away.

I assume you are using "outlook.com" now and the protocol in use is Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)? Because if you are using POP3 that would explain it.

EAS on the Z10 is fast, assuming the provider is fast. And assuming there isn't something on a connected WiFi network that is causing problems.
    03-31-13 04:02 PM
    One day just isn't enough time to be able to start a thread and question people's longer term experience.

Activesync is the closest I've been able to the old push speed. Thankfully I'm a paid Google Apps user.

Outstanding issues are two emails that I cannot file or delete. They refuse to budge. Restarted hub etc, even achieved them via the website. Frustrating.

Some emails I can't even select. You just cannot tap on them.

I keep a clean inbox, like a to do list, and having it contain old emails and out of sync with the desktop is unproductive.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 04:25 PM
    BB10/z10 will not push Yahoo mail.

This is an issue as Rogers in Canada uses yahoo mail and a lot of people use Rogers email accounts.
    03-31-13 04:55 PM