My dad, an older gentleman is loving his new Z10 but he's a bit of a slow learner (but a good ine) on tech, as many from an older generation are. Unfortunately, I can't show him everything or explain things to him a way that he will easily retain. He's an independent man and he has his pride (always going to be hard for a father to ask his son to teach him) so he likes to learn things in his own way and in his own time if he can. That's something I can understand. I've made a request on the for dummies website for a book on the z10 and they have passed it along to the relevent people. But I think it would be more likely to be written if more people would do the same thing anyway just to show the interest. Thank you in advance if you do so.
    02-28-13 07:39 PM
    It's a pretty easy phone to figure out. He'll catch on....if he already hasn't.
    The book for dummies would be pretty thin.

Did you show him the Z10 help icon. It has almost everything you need to know about the phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:52 PM
    Dummies don't use Blackberries.
    02-28-13 07:53 PM
    you can also direct him to CB or their youtube channel! alot of "how to" videos --> can't go wrong learning those little tips and tricks.
    02-28-13 07:55 PM
    you can also direct him to CB or their youtube channel! alot of "how to" videos --> can't go wrong learning those little tips and tricks.
    That's good too. I was hinting (above) that there are over 40 how to videos right on the Z10 in the help. BlackBerry did an excellent job of providing support right on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Cap_172R likes this.
    02-28-13 08:03 PM
    That's good too. I was hinting (above) that there are over 40 how to videos right on the Z10 in the help. BlackBerry did an excellent job of providing support right on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Ah.. didn't know that. Will check them out now as i'm curious! Thanks. The initial start-up tutorial was pretty good so that should be interesting!
    02-28-13 08:05 PM
    Dummies don't use Blackberries.
    You're right. He's not one. The titles of those books are supposed to be a joke. If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything at all.

The problem with CB help articles is they get swallowed up amongst a sea of other stuff. Books are indexed and ready to hand. The man's over 60 and books are just more familiar. A familiar way of learning something unfamiliar, if you will.
    SMCNI1968 likes this.
    02-28-13 08:10 PM
    The youtube help videos are really good.

They're filed under 'blackberrysupport'
    02-28-13 08:20 PM
    The "Dummies series" always makes book material stretch out for a thick enough book.
    They made Crack Pipes for Dummies thick enough.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    02-28-13 08:22 PM
    Ah.. didn't know that. Will check them out now as i'm curious! Thanks. The initial start-up tutorial was pretty good so that should be interesting!
    I should clarify...the videos are links so it uses the browser. It's still nice to have them all there nicely laid out for easy access.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 08:23 PM
    I'll take a look at some of the videos and Index the links for him for now.
    02-28-13 08:33 PM
    I should clarify...the videos are links so it uses the browser. It's still nice to have them all there nicely laid out for easy access.

Posted via CB10
    Still better than nothing...atleast you don't have to hunt around for help stuff, especially how to videos.
    02-28-13 09:34 PM
    My Z10 should arrive on Monday, did not know about the links to the vids. Good info!
    02-28-13 09:35 PM