Still don't understand why Blackberry Link wan't to install Device Update. (10.0.90 18.8 Mb size)

Device itself didn't find new update.
    03-29-13 04:44 AM
    What a stupid place to put this feature.

Could it be more hidden???

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:47 AM
    Still don't understand why Blackberry Link wan't to install Device Update. (10.0.90 18.8 Mb size)

Device itself didn't find new update.
    Maybe you deleted some core apps which it wants to reinstall. BlackBerry does that for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:49 AM
    Buky, if you're still having that issue with the phantom notification, try marking an email "unread," wait until it the unread count goes up, then do as sgt suggested (Mark prior read). Hopefully, that should solve it.
    Last edited by BannedForNoReason2; 03-29-13 at 06:12 AM.
    03-29-13 06:00 AM
    I agree with the OP in some ways, and I feel like I am the biggest BlackBerry geek...Similar experiences on my Z10 that I got from Verizon. It is half buggy so far(from my experience), but I was expecting some of that until some of the bugs get worked out..this is pretty normal on a new OS. I just don't feel confident that a non-BB user who picked one of these up would be satisfied with it, and may return it..just my speculation since I have used Android and iPhone...I can't speak for Windows phone. Although, I have read a lot of user reviews online and they are almost all perfect, so that's a good thing! I have another Z10 as well, so I am going to try it out and see if it could just be my device.
    03-29-13 06:45 AM
    Buky, if you're still having that issue with the phantom notification, try marking an email "unread," wait until it the unread count goes up, then do as sgt suggested (Mark prior read). Hopefully, that should solve it.
    Thanks I'm gonna try that

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 06:58 AM
    >>> Buky
    Don't get surprised by people who say they don't have any problems and everything is fine and anyway the Z10 is the best phone in Universe...
    Those guys are getting sponsored by BB or work for them ;-)
    So you are defiantly not alone with reboots, ghost messages etc. !!!
    It also drives me nuts...
    Actually I wish I did work for BlackBerry, might be fun, but some of us really have not had certain issues.

And it is the greatest phone in the universe!!!!!
    03-29-13 07:09 AM
    RESET and REINSTALL the STUFF on your desktop computer or notebook
    03-29-13 07:24 AM
    Buky, I have to agree with the OP who thinks the reason you are getting an update notification is that a core app may have been deleted. This has happened before to people. A couple of questions for you..what apps, if any, have you deleted and are you sideloading/using any Android apps?
    03-29-13 07:27 AM
    Sounds like BlackBerry needs to come out with a tutorial for those who are old BlackBerry keyboard types. I've had to train these types to use there Z10's properly

Posted via Z10, the iSheep killer.
    03-29-13 08:03 AM
    Buky, I have to agree with the OP who thinks the reason you are getting an update notification is that a core app may have been deleted. This has happened before to people. A couple of questions for you..what apps, if any, have you deleted and are you sideloading/using any Android apps?
    Well I've wiped the phone this morning, then checked for the updates. It was nothing to update. The connected to my Mac to BlackBerry link. After that I get notification at BlackBerry link for 1 update, approximately 18 mb.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:12 AM
    I had similar issues, however the phone seems to be behaving well last few days, I really cud not figure out the issue, I guess something to do with planetary movements on the z10

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:31 PM
37 12