Can the Z10 do these things with an ear piece ?
    -Answer a call by pressing earpiece button
    -Hang up or call waiting with earpiece button
    -Command the phone to dial a contact or number
    -Command the phone to read and reply to a text message

It would be great if the Z10, or an app I can buy, would do these.
    03-04-13 03:32 PM
    No it can't but would love to see an app like this!
    03-04-13 06:00 PM
    Yada bluetooth headset and charger... It is without a doubt the single best bluetooth for a car on the market. And it's on sale at Canadian tire for $17 from $49. The charger is the holder and sits in the cig lighter.

I have 3 cause I tend to lose email in my pockets, I even give em away as Xmas presents and everyone says the same thing. I'm going to test right now to see if it switches calls with the button.
    03-04-13 06:35 PM
    Nabooy you have no idea what you're talking about! OP, yes all of this works right out of the box. It's called voice control and besides the answer/hangup functions triggered with the headset/earpiece convenience buttons you can start voice control recognition by holding that button for a second.
    Hope that answered your questions.

Written under BB10
    03-04-13 06:37 PM
    Sorry I misread the op... Had nothing to do with bluetooth. But just to confirm all those actions do work.
    03-04-13 06:56 PM
    All these button functions for answering/hanging up calls and controlling music exist on almost every phone out there, even Nokia's ancient Symbian dumbphones.

As for using the headset button to initiate voice control, I have no idea.
    03-04-13 07:17 PM
    Yes yes and yes.. The earphone button initiates voice which from there you can do anything
    03-04-13 08:09 PM
    Initiating voice control via bluetooth works with by dialing the voice control phone number. This works if your car is equipped with it in the steering wheel or dash.

For headset you will have to press the button on the phone to turn voice control on.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 08:36 PM
    Can it read emails? When I gave it the command read email, it asks me who I want to email. Just curious if it has this option to read emails, texts,etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 08:49 PM
    I'm using a Motorola blue tooth visor unit and it works beautifully. I've sent many text messages and a few emails and I'm amazed how well it works. It most often gets the words right first time and maybe 5-10% of the time I have to repeat a line. Only once was it not able to get a particular word. It's a great way to use the device when you're commuting and it's all initiated with a single press of a button. I'm really impressed with this feature.
    03-04-13 09:12 PM