It could be me, but of all the phones I have owned (which are quite a few, lol) I have had no problems seeing the screen in direct sunlight. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I always had a hard time seeing the iPhone 5, Nokia 920, and Note 2 in the sun, but with this phone, it's awesome!!

Posted from my Z10
    toutounjiomar and AbsoluteT23 like this.
    03-05-13 02:00 PM
    Haven't had enough sun in South East England for me to test it... So I shall have to take your word on it!
    AbsoluteT23 and peter9477 like this.
    03-05-13 02:25 PM
    For one, the screen on the Z10 is much better and brighter than the AMOLED crap Samsung uses in the Note 2. Color saturation is on par with the iPhone 5, and contrast (namely, black levels) are better than the iPhone 5. Pixel density is also slightly better than the iPhone 5, and the Nokia 920, and much better than the Note 2.

As for brightness, it looks about on par with the iPhone 5 to me, but what I've noticed is that the auto brightness on the Z10 is the best I have ever seen. It is extremely aggressive. On the iPhone, it doesn't really change the brightness by all that much, but on the Z10, it goes from extreme brightness in sunlight to very dim in the dark, exactly how you would want it to. I think that's what you're noticing as well. With the iPhone 5, you would actually have to go into settings and turn up brightness in sunlight, and turn it down in the dark, even with the auto brightness on, because it just doesn't change it by all that much.
    iLikeWhiteBread likes this.
    03-05-13 02:29 PM
    It could be me, but of all the phones I have owned (which are quite a few, lol) I have had no problems seeing the screen in direct sunlight. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I always had a hard time seeing the iPhone 5, Nokia 920, and Note 2 in the sun, but with this phone, it's awesome!!

Posted from my Z10
    The screen is polarized. I noticed this a couple of times while trying to text with passive 3d glasses on.... and no I don't wear them just for fun I was actually watching a movie
    03-05-13 02:34 PM
    I most definitely agree. Coming from the Galaxy S3 I'm in heaven right now. Love it. I can actually see the screen
    iLikeWhiteBread and Spawn12 like this.
    03-05-13 02:34 PM
    well, here in dubai I have trouble seeing the screen on my z10 in the sun, whereas my friends nokia lumia 820 screen is amazing and bright, kinda the only gripe I have about the z10, kinda weird seeing that you had the 920 lumia.
    03-06-13 07:48 AM

Posted from my Z10
    I completely agree. Prior to my Z10 I've had Galaxy S3, iPhone5 and the Galaxy Note2( in that sequence) and around 50+ phones before then. From all the phones, including BlackBerry Torch, I was quite taken back by the clarity of the screen in direct sun light. Mind you I live in Qatar(middle east) and it gets quite bright n hot here. Don't have to squint or cover the screen with my other hand or look at the screen in weird angles like the previous ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 08:03 AM
    I do not know about the sun as its been sadly lacking in London of late, but in grey skies its perfect.
    03-06-13 08:08 AM
    well, here in dubai I have trouble seeing the screen on my z10 in the sun, whereas my friends nokia lumia 820 screen is amazing and bright, kinda the only gripe I have about the z10, kinda weird seeing that you had the 920 lumia.
    Probably because I didn't use the 920 as much as I have with the Z10. Lol.

Posted from my Z10
    03-06-13 09:24 AM
    I do not know about the sun as its been sadly lacking in London of late, but in grey skies its perfect.
    I know the feeling. I was in Europe a while back and my whole time there, it was mostly cloudy and rainy. Reminded me of rainy Seattle :-/

Posted from my Z10
    03-06-13 09:26 AM
    I most definitely agree. Coming from the Galaxy S3 I'm in heaven right now. Love it. I can actually see the screen
    Yep agreed, yesterday was a quite a sunny day here in London UK and i was playing temple run 2 on my S3 as i was waiting for my missus as Westfield london yesterday. I was outside having a cig and enjoying the nice weather for a change and i could hardly make out what was on my S3 screen yesterday...compared to my Z10...the difference was huge in direct sunlight.
    03-06-13 09:27 AM
    Totally agree! I too noticed how great the Z10 is in the sun!!
    03-06-13 09:43 AM