Since I bought this phone, the only time I am able to send emails out from my POP account is while I am at home.
    Any input or suggestion on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.
    09-26-13 05:39 PM
    all email accts act the same way?
    09-26-13 06:11 PM
    Hmm - I assume all other aspects of your device (data) are working properly while you're not on your home WiFi? Are you able to use the POP service while on someone elses WiFi? What type of POP account is it, and who is the POP service provider?

I ask as I used to have an ISP based POP email. It only worked when at home and on THEIR network. Any time I went onto cellular or another WiFi network it would fail.
    09-26-13 06:12 PM
    Probably your email is managed by someone that thinks we still are in 1990s

In my country the three top email providers still enforce this stupid policy: emails can be sent only when using the same isp.
    Stupid policy, everyone is migrating to Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo
    I guess they don't like to have too many customers to manage...

Posted via Z10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    09-26-13 06:24 PM
    Yes I can receive messages wherever I am. texts are not an issue. Only email...very strange.
    I do not have yahoo or gmail only 3 ISP provider POP emails.
    09-26-13 06:36 PM
    That's more than likely your problem. Your ISP only allows you to connect to their servers when you're on their network. Might be time to migrate over to a GMail account or something public.
    09-26-13 10:41 PM
    I remember reading about this issue early on when the BB10 first came out. It seemed to have something to do with the outgoing SMTP server settings and that you did have to be on the network served be your ISP for it to work.

However, not all ISP pop3 accounts required that. I'm on Cox, and my pop account worked sending or receiving no matter what kind of network I was connected to. I have since realized that they offer an IMAP option, so I set that up on my phone. The outgoing SMTP setting is the same server whether incoming is pop or IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:23 PM
    It's not a BB10 issue.
    Is your email provider that allows to send emails only when you connect from their network

Posted via Z10
    09-27-13 01:40 AM
    True. It's not limited to just BB. Any kind of off network connection with any device - even a laptop taken on vacation - can have this issue.

One thing to try is turning on SSL encryption and port number suggested by your ISP in your pop3 settings under the SMTP section.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:40 AM
    I had the same problem with the Z10. With Wifi no problem.

I have Vodafone as provider for mobile Phone and i have Online (pop) for email.
    At SMTP you can use the providers (in my case Vodafone) information for outgoing emails. Like authsmtp.vodafone.nl
    At SMTP username and password, i had to fill in mail.......... (at the place of the dots you fill in your mobilenumber) and password for log in at Vodafone website.
    Sometimes you can alsoo use the same SMTP settings as your email acount on the PC. In my case i had to fill in all information from Vodafone for outgoing email.

This did not work for me, but this is the first thing you should try, but what helped was:
    Delete the account
    Power off the unit
    Take the battery out for 10 minutes
    Put it back in and let it start up and fill in your password, wait for 10 minutes
    Then make the account with the correct information

This worked for me, i had the same issue as you.
    09-27-13 11:23 AM
    Thanks BK....will try that.
    09-27-13 06:25 PM
    The problem you are experiencing is called "port 25 filtering". Most ISP's these days will filter the default port 25 forcing you use a higher port when sending from another network. Most hosts work around this by requiring you to use smtp auth (a username and password) to be able to send mail via an alternate port. Some ports may include 587, 995, 2525.

There is NEVER a good time to switch to a public mail provider, if you care at all about your privacy.

Simply contact your ISP ask about "smtp auth" and if you can use an alternate port to send mail. This is why your phone and most phones allow you to designate alternate ports within the configuration.

The point of port 25 filtering is so that the tidal wave of spam can be reduced. By only allowing people within the network to send mail, those zombied computers can be more readily identified. It isn't about intentionally losing customers.
    FF22 and anon(2888700) like this.
    10-26-13 10:28 AM
    It isn't about intentionally losing customers.
    At least in my country, this policy was widely adopted by ISPs in the dialup years, intentionally trying to get more customers to dial to internet using their phone number (in my country, dialup internet was free without subscription, but you could connect by dialing a special number - ISPs would get paid with that - many people used to have 4-5 ISP profiles on their computers)

And not only, all of them except two blocked also pop3 access outside their network!!! And they still do it!!!
    So, they are intentionally losing customers (at least in my country)
    10-26-13 01:30 PM
    I've had this issue from day one. My work around is turn off the wifi for a few minutes. Message is then sent out. It's a bit of a nuisance. But I'm used tomorrow it now.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:47 PM
    Another work around is to setup a free Outlook.com account to monitor your current isp email account(s) and only setup the outlook account on your Z10. Good luck and let us know how you have faired.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:47 AM
    That's more than likely your problem. Your ISP only allows you to connect to their servers when you're on their network. Might be time to migrate over to a GMail account or something public.
    You're better off using Outlook.com instead of GMail.com although an email provider offering IMAP IDLE would work equally well. My personal email is an IMAP IDLE account while my professional email is hosted Microsoft Exchange Online . We were using BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and Microsoft Exchange Server in-house for a while; we might return. If you have your own domain you should either use an account supporting IMAP IDLE or hosted Microsoft Exchange Online or an in-house BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and Microsoft Exchange Server.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 02:42 PM
    True. It's not limited to just BB. Any kind of off network connection with any device - even a laptop taken on vacation - can have this issue.

One thing to try is turning on SSL encryption and port number suggested by your ISP in your pop3 settings under the SMTP section.

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly true. I have a similar problem, but can use my laptop anywhere in the world. I could also use my Torch anywhere. I just can't send from my Z10, unless connected to a (any) wi-fi. It can be mine or my office or even a free hotspot.
    01-27-14 09:15 PM
    Strange

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:45 AM