I have been playing for the past couple days with the z10 and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
    The os actually works fine. Not many bugs but my main problems are :
    1. The apps : not only there are basically none of the apps I'm used to on IOS but the ones available are simply terrible. Some cannot even launch. The Android ports are actually a disservice to the blackberry platform.
    2.bbm requires a special plan. Only blackberry is doing this. Imessage on iPhone or chaton on Samsung phone work with any data plan.

3. I have just realized that after a while the blinking red light notification stops. So there is no way to know if I have a new message without waking the phone. I searched everywhere and I cannot change this. Simply terrible.

Keyboard works fine and the hit the perfect size, at least for my hands. Too bad it's going back.

Posted via CB10
    andre20100 likes this.
    03-17-13 05:32 PM
    U should switch back to iPhone if this phone doesn't suit's your need. At least we will have one less post to read about z10 disappointment

Posted via CB+BB10
    03-17-13 05:38 PM
    You can side load some of the top android apps, that should hold you over until the official apps are released. Are you familiar with side loading? Why do you need a special plan for Bbm?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 05:39 PM
    Yeah the light slows down then stops if it flashes for 2 hours ... If you haven't seen it by then just hit the lock button...
    03-17-13 05:41 PM
    I have been playing for the past couple days with the z10 and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
    1. The apps : not only there are basically none of the apps I'm used to on IOS but the ones available are simply terrible. Some cannot even launch. The Android ports are actually a disservice to the blackberry platform.
    2.bbm requires a special plan. Only blackberry is doing this. Imessage on iPhone or chaton on Samsung phone work with any data plan.

3. I have just realized that after a while the blinking red light notification stops. So there is no way to know if I have a new message without waking the phone. I searched everywhere and I cannot change this. Simply terrible.

Keyboard works fine and the hit the perfect size, at least for my hands. Too bad it's going back.

Posted via CB10
    Bbm works with any plan so I'm not sure what your talking about there... any data plan works with the new bb10 phones

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:42 PM
    App content is a very well known "issue". It is very prevalent in these forums as well as other blogs on the Web. Its is a new OS, so apps will naturally take time. But it is valid to be concerned, and I understand your frustration.

Blackberries are designed (so far) without preview of messages. I personally prefer that way. I am not sure if they will let end users customize it..will have to wait and see.

If apps and UI is a concern, of course there are other products in the market that can satisfy those needs. Right now Z10 fits my needs and I am very satisfied with it. I do not think I will go to any other platform after my Z10 experience (ex-Android user), given they are consistent with updates & enhancements.

Yes..it is too bad it is going back, IMHO it is an amazing smartphone.
    03-17-13 05:43 PM
    U should switch back to iPhone if this phone doesn't suit's your need. At least we will have one less post to read about z10 disappointment

Posted via CB+BB10
    +100 what he said ^^^
    03-17-13 05:45 PM
    03-17-13 05:45 PM
    Maybe I should go to Android forums and tell them how I am disappointed with Androids in general..I generally don't care as it is no concern to me anyways as I am leaving them. Do not want to waste 4 mins of my life telling them how crappy it is (even though I had my fun with Android)

But I see a lot of folks doing it here....weird.
    03-17-13 05:46 PM
    Ha! Another of those posts that you read. And you know they don't even own a Z10. The generic complaints so give them away.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:48 PM
    You might want to try Hub plus to address email issues.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-17-13 05:51 PM
    One more time?? Frankly, I'm tired of these threads
    03-17-13 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    One second... Running for cover...
    03-17-13 05:58 PM
    Hope these users do not shop for big ticket items like cars and house the way they do with smartphones... Who knows what they might end up buying... a Yugo or maybe a house in the flight path of the airport ..... Google search about apps could have easily alerted the OP to the supposed App issue.. I say supposed because this is not the case for everyone..... It is simple... go to appworld on your PC or Mac.... do a check of the "must have" apps.... if they are not available... stay with the Iphone (which is an excellent choice ... just not for me ).... and we will not be subjected to threads such as this one.....
    03-17-13 06:04 PM
    Blackberry 10 does not require a special plan. The older generation phones did but not BB10

For that matter you don't even need a data plan if you are on Wifi.

Shows how much you know.

You can always tell the I-SHEEP fan boys out there that post silly comments like this.
    Tells the rest of us that they are totally clueless.

As to apps, I have all the apps I could possible want on my Z10 including Netflix!

Ever heard of sideloading android apps? That is another strength of BB10. It is like 2 phones in one. Security of Blackberry, and the ability to run thousands of apps, even ones not written specifically for the device.

It's a no brainer.

Am I totally happey with my Z10?

YES!
    03-17-13 06:06 PM
    The red light doesn't blink for 2 hours, more like 10 to 15mins.
    Android slide loaded apps do not work well. Even the ones ported to be10 are mediocre.Too bad there is no way to tell in app world with app is native bb10 or not.

It's funny how blackberry users are more and more like iPhone fan boys. The z10 is so perfect people cannot complain about what is not working for them.
    It is the reason why blackberry is strugling today. Users saying everything is fine even some things needs fixing.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:08 PM

Posted via CB+BB10
    +100 what he said ^^^
    Are you guys serious? He purchased the phone. The least you can do is try to help him out...
    03-17-13 06:09 PM
    I am a former Apple IOS and Android user and I find the z10 a joy to use. As much as I have criticized the lack of apps in the BlackBerry World, I am finding myself re evaluating what I use the device for and the z10 fits the bill perfectly.

I am a patient person and know in time the app market will improve, but for now I am moving back the the Blackberry platform and I here to stay. I am in for the long haul and it looks to be a great ride with the z10 and it's only going to get better.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:12 PM
    You might want to try Hub plus to address email issues.
    Errrrr... that's what I was thinking

Posted via CB10
    kamazona likes this.
    03-17-13 06:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that. Since you've only had it for a few days, maybe you should give it a week or so to make sure that the problem actually lies in the phone. Your last 2 issues may be easily fixed. Your first issue will unfortunately take a bit longer.
    Neely2005 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-17-13 06:14 PM
    I don't know where u people are but I'm with Telus Canada and bbm does not work
    . They asked to switch plans. And it's 5$ more than my current plan.

I knew about the app issue and since I have an ipad mini with me almost all the time, it's not a huge deal . But I was hoping that the ones that are actually available at least would be good and not that mediocre.

I didn't know about hub plus but it doesn't make sense that I need a paid app just to keep the light blinking longer. Should have been available in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:16 PM
    Are you guys serious? He purchased the phone. The least you can do is try to help him out...
    I agree with you..how about a friendly forum here folks......geeee.......
    03-17-13 06:16 PM
    Well for one, he didn't ask for help, he just started a complaint thread. I know people get all uptight about this, but it is very curious how each one of these threads is from users with minimal posts. It's gotta make you wonder, at least a little bit. But in response to you comment, I don't think they were necessarily being facetious... It's just a phone. If a different one fits better than you should go for it
    03-17-13 06:18 PM
    The red light doesn't blink for 2 hours, more like 10 to 15mins.
    Android slide loaded apps do not work well. Even the ones ported to be10 are mediocre.Too bad there is no way to tell in app world with app is native bb10 or not.

It's funny how blackberry users are more and more like iPhone fan boys. The z10 is so perfect people cannot complain about what is not working for them.
    It is the reason why blackberry is strugling today. Users saying everything is fine even some things needs fixing.

Posted via CB10
    Here is an excerpt for a blog on iOS issue:

"Roughly seven weeks ago Apple delivered iOS 6 to Apple device users, and with the arrival of the new operating system came quite a few problems, including issues with Apple Maps, battery issues reported with the iPhone 4 and 4S, and also WiFi problems. A few days ago Apple pushed out an update bringing it up to iOS 6.0.1, but it appears that the company still hasn’t managed to fix the issues with WiFi, along with other problems.

One would have thought that by now Apple would have sorted the problems customers are experiencing with WiFi, but apparently this is not the case, as a report over on Zdnet has it that iOS 6.0.1 is still suffering from WiFi problems with customers reporting it is still inaccessible.

This issue still appears to be hitting those that own an iPhone 4S more than any other users; however any device running iOS 6x could be affected with a greyed out WiFi option, with the suggestion from Apple being make sure Airplane mode if off, restart your device, update your device, reset network settings, and restore your iOS device in iTunes." ---- source iOS 6.0.1 update and persistent problems � Phone Reviews

iOS users still go on about how nice it has been working out from them. I don't even want to get on the Maps, AntennaGate etc etc issues.

Just shows every technology has its problems..heck even Boeing's 787 with people on board had battery issues..
    03-17-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should check that your gadgets do what you want before you buy them. Is this news to you?
    j1m0h likes this.
    03-17-13 06:21 PM
208 123 ...