Last week my z10 STL 100-3 suddenly died in the morning after having a full overnight charge. I didn't have any apps running and it was simply sitting on the table. I went to check it and it would not turn on.

I took the battery out and put it back in with no success, then tried holding the top button down for 60 plus seconds. Nothing. after charging for 8 hours or more, removal and reinsertion of the battery produced a red light for a fleeting 10 seconds before it faded. I bought two new batteries and have charged them, with original and alternate charger, for a full day. when i hold down the top button I will get a solid blue, green, or red light which fades after a minute or two. It vibrated once. Also the phone is not being recognized by BBLink.

Any ideas?
    03-31-16 08:54 PM
    Time for a new phone.
    03-31-16 09:30 PM
    Sound like "sudden death." That can happen to electronic devices. Is your phone under warranty?
    03-31-16 09:33 PM
    I have a Z10 that had a issue similar. the LCD had gone bad. The phone was on but you couldn't see anything.
    If BB link is not seeing it however, could be something different. Did you try connecting it to a computer via USB or using wifi?
    04-01-16 11:06 AM
    Warranty is over. It's a three year old phone. I've tried connecting it a few different ways. Couldn't get recognition. I left the battery out overnight and when I put it but in the speakers made a loud hum for about 5 minutes until I plugged it in to my computer. Then it stopped.

I think it's time for a replacement. I was thinking of the Leap. Anyone have thoughts on the leap?
    04-02-16 10:40 AM
    See if you can find a Z30.
    04-02-16 10:55 AM
    I had something very similar happen to me two days ago.

Blackberry had been acting weird for a bit, volume buttons weren't working and would sometimes cause the phone to save a screenshot. I sent an email from my secure work account, then checked one of my personal accounts from the hub and when I went to check something else from the hub, it pulled up the same personal email account. I checked 3-4 other hub items, texts, calls, etc. and they all brought up the same personal email account. This type of stuff happens often enough on my BB that I didn't worry too much, I turned the phone off and turned it back on a couple minutes later. Except it wouldn't turn on, nothing would happen, nothing on the screen and nothing on the LEDs. I had a fairly full battery when this happened but I plugged it back in for a few hours and nothing happened. I switched to my backup battery, charged it overnight, nothing happened in the morning. Here are the symptoms...

Upon plugging in the phone with no battery installed, the red LED will blink once.
    If the battery is installed, the LED does not blink. I remember initially the LED would stay on for 5-10 seconds if I took the battery out and put it back in while the phone was charging, maybe 1/10 times, but I can't replicate this any more.
    When plugging the phone into a computer, blackberry link does not recognize the blackberry being installed.

I honestly don't care if the phone never works again, I am out of contract and my work will get me a new phone no questions asked. I have pictures and videos of my children on the phone and it's been a couple months since I backed these up on the computer. If there was some way to restore these files (I've done this before on bricked computers), I would be just as happy.
    04-02-16 01:32 PM