3 days out from the new BB coming out and my phone completely dies on me. It looks like I am going to have to switch to either iphone or android today. I don't want to but I need my phone for work purposes. Also it would have been nice to know that the Z10's could just stop working at any point. I am a bit bitter and upset at this point. Sorry BB family
    02-17-15 09:23 AM
    3 days out from the new BB coming out and my phone completely dies on me. It looks like I am going to have to switch to either iphone or android today. I don't want to but I need my phone for work purposes. Also it would have been nice to know that the Z10's could just stop working at any point. I am a bit bitter and upset at this point. Sorry BB family
    how did you kill it?
    02-17-15 09:28 AM
    Charge the battery up to 50 % power for the device to restart .the device connect via usb cable to PC. reload leaked or sachesi on OS. During the loading of OS do not unplug USB cable until the device auto restart ! good luck

Posted via CB10
    carleone2gz likes this.
    02-17-15 10:44 AM
    It was on and working fine. The last thing I did with it was, turn the timer feature on to let me know when my dinner was ready. Next thing I see on the screen is nothing and the red light came on and it never booted back up.
    02-17-15 11:22 AM
    It won't power on at all. I have held down the top button and all that happens is the led flashes red twice and that's it. I tried that with and with out the battery and sd card. I am not sure what else to do.
    02-17-15 11:35 AM
    Sorry to be sarcastic, but I had a car that one day didn�t start. Help.

 Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.2243
    Omahahaha likes this.
    02-17-15 11:49 AM
    It won't power on at all. I have held down the top button and all that happens is the led flashes red twice and that's it. I tried that with and with out the battery and sd card. I am not sure what else to do.
    Try running an autoloader on it to reload your OS.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    carleone2gz likes this.
    02-17-15 12:13 PM
    Is your battery very old ?

Try inserting another one.
    ( must be charged )
    02-17-15 12:24 PM
    I had exactly the same problem. It just died in front of me. Tried to boot it up many times. New battery and all that stuff. Took it in for repair and tech said it was the main board. And nothing can be fixed. So I bought another one.

Posted via CB10
    carleone2gz likes this.
    02-17-15 12:28 PM
    I had exactly the same problem. It just died in front of me. Tried to boot it up many times. New battery and all that stuff. Took it in for repair and tech said it was the main board. And nothing can be fixed. So I bought another one.

Posted via CB10
    Did you throw out the old one ?
    02-17-15 12:31 PM
    Did you throw out the old one ?
    Better still, was it red?

OP, you're in for a rude awaking if you think everything will last forever. Things mechanical can and sometimes do break.
    02-17-15 03:11 PM
    Also it would have been nice to know that the Z10's could just stop working at any point. I am a bit bitter and upset at this point.
    Any phone from any manufacturer may stop working at some point for many different reasons.
    02-17-15 03:23 PM
    From my own experience, the death of the Z10 is swift. Screen turned blue and that was it. If you don't happen to see the death as it occurs then it will seem like it just went dead.

My theory on this is overheating over time. My Z10 ran warm I'm some of the 10.1 builds and then my brother started playing some graphic intensive games on it. Probably just fried the poor thing.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-17-15 03:37 PM
    What is was your device running?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 04:53 PM
    If you've ever been inside your phone (or are just curious as to how what it looks like inside) go see this iFixit teardown https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Blac...Teardown/13445

Also, see this photo and pay attention to the thermal paste and copper heat spreader areas. Since there is no active cooling (fans) in these phones but just passive cooling (heat spreading), a poorly conducting CPU can easily be fried since it can't dissipate it's heat. If your phone is running hot and you have already noticed this, then shut the thing down, crack it open and apply some CPU quality thermal paste from a computer store and save your phone...Paste dries out over time and cracks (looks like hard toothpaste). When this happens, the CPU is NOT in direct contact with the heat spreader and eventually your CPU can/will die!

Z10 Died Last Night-figure10.jpg

PS, you clean the old thermal paste off with rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. Apply a RICE sized dab of paste and work it in a bit. It will flow when heated so don't apply too much or you'll have a big mess. Also, don't keep taking the thing apart once the paste is applied, in fact, if you take it apart after applying paste - clean it off and reapply fresh paste.

Unfortunately, for this particular fellow, it might be too late. But for others, don't be shy...iFixit gives the Z10 an 8/10 repair ability and that means it's SUPER easy to do yourself. Just don't go too fast, take your time and beware of the thin cables and tiny screws.

Don't blame me if you screw things up, I can't be held accountable for your stupidity. But I can tell you from experience, this isn't hard to complete. Watch some YouTube videos on Z10 teardowns if you want before you take the plunge...I would.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 02-17-15 at 05:40 PM.
    02-17-15 05:22 PM
    Switch to a newer blackberry! Don't jump ship yet. I love my z10 but i cant wait to switch to a classic(would be passport but im on verizon)
    02-17-15 05:46 PM
    Switch to a newer blackberry! Don't jump ship yet. I love my z10 but i cant wait to switch to a classic(would be passport but im on verizon)
    Nothing is new in Classic. Same hardware as Z10. You get smaller square screen and a keyboard for $450.
    02-17-15 09:56 PM
    I still have the dead one.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 04:32 AM
    MHO the Z10 was BB10's guinea pig. Buy a Z30. Chalk and cheese.
    02-18-15 04:59 AM
    I still have the dead one.

Posted via CB10
    If you decide to get rid of it , let me know.

( I would use it for parts )
    02-18-15 06:33 AM
    If you decide to get rid of it , let me know.

( I would use it for parts )
    I have a dead Z10 - if you pay the shipping I'll send it to you.

02-18-15 08:14 AM
    I have a dead Z10 - if you pay the shipping I'll send it to you.

Just sent you a PM.
    02-18-15 08:40 AM
    9 steps to recover a black locked Blackberry with a removable battery..

1. Plug the phone into the charger over night. (with battery installed)
    2. Remove the USB charger connection..
    3. Remove the battery.
    4. Hold the power on/off (on top) button down for 20 seconds then release.
    5. Plug the USB charging cable (live) back into the phone.
    6. Now, hold down the power on/off (on top) button and the volume up/down keys all at the same time.
    (hard to do but can be done) Hold for 10 seconds and release.
    7. Remove the powered USB. (Phone will still be blank.)
    8. Put the charged battery back into the phone.
    9. Press and hold the power on/off till the phone starts to boot. (May take up to 1 min.)

Hope this helps.. (If not you may indeed have a blown motherboard but very doubtful.
    It may take 2 or 3 times of doing steps 3 to 9 to recover from this.
    Or you could have a non-charging battery. In the later case it could be the
    charger or battery)

Good luck..
    Aka Warrior...
    Last edited by akawarrior; 02-18-15 at 01:09 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-15 08:52 AM
    9 steps to recover a black locked Blackberry with a removable battery...
    If it happens to me, I have 1 step recovery process only - go across the street and buy a new phone.
    02-18-15 01:40 PM
    If it happens to me, I have 1 step recovery process only - go across the street and buy a new phone.
    Well, though costly but still as effective.. ;-)

Aka Warrior..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-15 06:22 PM
28 12