There is no one holding a z10 or even using it and there is no comparison between it and any other phone although the q10 is older it is more used that the z10. So why

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:38 AM
    There is no one holding a z10 or even using it and there is no comparison between it and any other phone although the q10 is older it is more used that the z10. So why

Posted via CB10
    Well.. It's the oldest BlackBerry 10 phone Q10 came few months after Z10?? And it was more 'BlackBerry' than the Z10 There's been the Z3 and Z30 and Passport so more than a few people upgraded, saying that I still see it here and there..

And as for comparisons people like to compare the latest, and once in a while maybe a 2 year old device but not often, but again there are some comparisons there.

Check Out TechCraze
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    01-18-15 04:56 AM
    Well.. It's the oldest BlackBerry 10 phone Q10 came few months after Z10?? And it was more 'BlackBerry' than the Z10 There's been the Z3 and Z30 and Passport so more than a few people upgraded, saying that I still see it here and there..

And as for comparisons people like to compare the latest, and once in a while maybe a 2 year old device but not often, but again there are some comparisons there.

Check Out TechCraze
    the z3 is the slowest of all

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 05:25 AM
    In my experience I'd say the Z10 is either dead or in a deep coma. I'm thinking it's more dead than comatose. I say that because in the last several months I've offered my Z10 to people who work in BB compatible environments to replace their battered and more or less broken BlackBerry 9700/9900 handsets. They've all politely declined for reasons we've all written about for the last couple of years. So I've stopped offering my Z10 to potential users.

The 9700/9900 users who do stick with BlackBerry usually opt for a Q10 or Z30. Most go for the Q10 in spite of it's well known battery and double tap issues. Maybe now what's left of BlackBerry's user base that still use the 9700/9900 will go with a Classic, Z30, or Passport. However, I'm not sure they can. The carriers are aggressively offering replacement handsets and MDM solutions. The bean counters can hardly refuse the offers.

In my case I'm making the best of hanging onto my Z10. Once 10.3 is officially released for the Z10 I'm thinking of using mine as a test platform for Android apps.
    01-18-15 09:06 AM
    They've all politely declined for reasons we've all written about for the last couple of years. So I've stopped offering my Z10 to potential users.
    Z10 was released in Jan 2013 and is based on 2012 level hardware. Now is Jan 2015.
    01-18-15 10:33 AM
    Z10 was released in Jan 2013 and is based on 2012 level hardware. Now is Jan 2015.
    Tbh though the only major issue I had with it was battery, and I heard 10.3.1 official is extremely well optimised, so from a subjective stance rather than spec based Z10 can still be a solid device, especially considering that so far there hasn't been (besides Z30) any BlackBerry full touch released that improves on Z10 spec wise, so in the BlackBerry world it is the King of compact full touch

Check Out TechCraze
    BionicKris and KDB84 like this.
    01-18-15 10:42 AM
    ...so in the BlackBerry world it is the King of compact full touch
    Yes, simply because there is no better BlackBerry product to replace it with.
    01-18-15 10:52 AM
    Nothing wrong with the Z10 my one is still running strong and use had it since release date in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:56 AM
    Nothing wrong with the Z10
    Nothing is wrong with it. Good quality phone. Just not popular because of age and platform.
    01-18-15 11:05 AM
    Nothing wrong with the Z10 my one is still running strong and use had it since release date in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly I love my Z10! Its perfect for me and there is nothing I would change with it. 10.3.1 will only make it that much more awesome!
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-18-15 11:06 AM
    Exactly I love my Z10! Its perfect for me and there is nothing I would change with it. 10.3.1 will only make it that much more awesome!
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:11 AM
    Nothing is wrong with it. Good quality phone. Just not popular because of age and platform.
    Are you talking in the context of phones at large or in the context of BlackBerry phones? Because among BlackBerry phones I would wager it is the most sold BlackBerry 10 phone to date, of course it is also the oldest and not sure about current sales but as I said above, if someone wants to buy a full touch compact cheap BlackBerry 10 phone today, Z10 is what they'll get ..

Check Out TechCraze
    01-18-15 11:22 AM
    Are you talking in the context of phones at large or in the context of BlackBerry phones?
    In my experience most BlackBerry phones are well made and durable devices.
    01-18-15 11:51 AM
    In my experience most BlackBerry phones are well made and durable devices.
    Lol, as I thought you might tell from the rest of that post, I was talking about the 'not popular' part

Check Out TechCraze
    01-18-15 11:59 AM
    Hello,
    In my opinion the Z10 is a great device. I still use it and will not buy anything else until it dies. I'm not a power user so I have no battery problem. Easily get 10 hours out of it. Have never used any leaks and never had any problems with it. Not one's had I to pull the battery, no freezing, no nothing. For my it's the perfect size.
    Regards

Z10/STL100-3 RFK121LW/10.2.1.3062
    01-18-15 12:13 PM
    +1 here, very happy with it. Have put it for sale on a local site, but for a ridiculously high price, 10% off the price of a new one. If somebody wants to pay that kind of cash, I'll upgrade, probabil to Passport, if not, I'll keep it till it dies.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on TMO Romania
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-18-15 12:24 PM
    Where do you get this?

Of all BlackBerry 10 devices, i'd argue the Z10 is in the most hands. It's been out the longest, had the widest distribution. (the Q10 is not older).

Every morning when I take the Go Train or the TTC subway, I see it more than any other BlackBerry 10 device, though I am seeing the Q10 with increasing frequency.
    01-18-15 12:27 PM
    Thread title asks if the Z10 is dead and the post is all about the fact it is.

Why can't people just accept the fact the Z10 is a good phone for some and not enough for others.

If the phone powers on and can do the things you want it to...it's not dead.

Posted via CB10 on the Presidenr Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    BionicKris and NRB like this.
    01-18-15 12:28 PM
    Lol, as I thought you might tell from the rest of that post, I was talking about the 'not popular' part
    They are all in "endangered species" category.
    01-18-15 12:58 PM
    Still with my Z10 OS10 after upgrade from BlackBerry Torch 9800 (3 yrs).
    So nothing dead about my Z10 still happy in 2015.

Michael in Atl

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:09 PM
    They are all in "endangered species" category.
    Why? BlackBerry has millions almost billion worth of Z10s in stock, cant say the same about Panda's

Check Out TechCraze
    01-18-15 01:13 PM
    Why? BlackBerry has millions almost billion worth of Z10s in stock, cant say the same about Panda's
    Because you rarely see BlackBerry products in the wild these days. If I go to Toronto Zoo I can guaranteed see a Panda. Can't say the same for BlackBerry phones. I can walk all day around Toronto with no luck to see single one. And it's in Canada, the home of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:22 PM
    Others can say the same about other phones. I'm in Toronto daily and to be honest I see more BlackBerry phones than I do others. It all depends on who you are around.

Most of my time is spent on or around Bay St so I do see more BlackBerry phones than others.

Your reality is what you focus on at that moment. Open your eyes, look around and you'll be amazed at what you will see.

Posted via CB10 on the Presidenr Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-18-15 02:11 PM
    I don't agree with this opinion because I think now a day in all over the world people looking for phone which has large display and not like q10 but in some country they like theme!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:15 PM
    Well, my Z10 at a month shy of 2 years old is the first phone I've ever owned that still looks brand new in after that amount of time. I've seen many other new phones that I want, but can't justify buying because my Z is working just fine.

Is it dead? Yeah probably. It's not in demand because it's probably very difficult to find somewhere that has them in stock and wants to convince you to buy one. It's not a brand that's going to have a high demand for a 2 year old model. Having said that, it's a shame, in spite of the mediocre battery life, it's a solid little phone.

I will likely keep this one until it's unusable. It might be the first time I've actually finished a 3 year phone contract since 2007.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:22 PM
75 123