So I've recently seen the Dbrand skins for the Z10, and wow, does this look sexy...!! However I am concerned that these will begin to peel within a few weeks. Anyone using the Dbrand skin for a few weeks yet that can give feedback..? Do they make it bulky at all? Thanks in advance. If you haven't seen the z10 skin here they are...

Z10 DBRAND Skin!!-img_00000112.png

Many options and colors to choose from, told you they look good!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-28-13 01:53 AM
    Are they scratch resistant?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:58 AM
    Anything can peel

And nope not scratch resistant.

They are I'm process of trying to create a better product to with stand scratches, but do keep in mind anything can scratch.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-28-13 02:29 AM
    Theres already a thread about dbrand here and a dbrand rep answers most of the questions there

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:32 AM
    I tried a skin from skinit.com and was seriously disappointed. Total waist of my $20. The skin didn't stick correctly on the battery cover. Then the front sticker covered part of the screen. Really disappointing.

I will check this one out and see how this works.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:38 AM
    Here's the link on the dbrand thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=794715

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:40 AM
    I just went to the DR AND site and it looks impressive. A leather type battery door would look sexy on my Z10. My question is, does the skin interfere with the NFC function? I would hate to spend $20 and can't use the NFC on my device. That would be a waist.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:43 AM
    I just went to the DR AND site and it looks impressive. A leather type battery door would look sexy on my Z10. My question is, does the skin interfere with the NFC function? I would hate to spend $20 and can't use the NFC on my device. That would be a waist.

Posted via CB10
    have the black leather and it doesn't and shouldn't interfere with the nfc

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:48 AM
    So I've recently seen the Dbrand skins for the Z10, and wow, does this look sexy...!! However I am concerned that these will begin to peel within a few weeks. Anyone using the Dbrand skin for a few weeks yet that can give feedback..? Do they make it bulky at all? Thanks in advance.
    Hey! So to answer your questions:

1. No. It will absolutely not peel. We measured the template about 5-600x to ensure maximum coverage without any possibility that it will peel up around the edges. All you have to do is follow the proper installation tutorial here. We have employees here who have had the same Z10 skin on their device since the day it was released without even the slightest sign of wear or peeling.

2. The skins are less than half a millimeter thick. They won't add any bulk to your device at all.

Are they scratch resistant?
    The black titanium, titanium, black carbon fiber, white carbon fiber, black leather, and white leather are all 100% invincible. The red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple/pink leather materials are susceptible to scratches. The reason for this is that the color is simply a layer of UV coated ink on the white leather material. We include 2x your order if you order any of the colored leather materials.

Fortunately, you will be happy to know that in about 2 weeks we are replacing the colored leather series with a 100% scratchproof series called "True Color". Each style is dyed it's respective color straight from the 3M factory. This means that if you were to take a cross-section of the material, you would find that is colored through-and-through. Truly scratchproof.

Anything can peel

And nope not scratch resistant.

They are I'm process of trying to create a better product to with stand scratches, but do keep in mind anything can scratch.
    Good luck you, Sir. We have a lot of RnD experience trying to find a scratchproof method of coloring vinyl. While liquid and layered laminates do exist, they entirely remove the texture of the materials. Coloring via solvent is a joke, the colors literally scratch off at first sight of a fingernail. Coloring via UV coating is quite effective. Properly cured ink will not scratch even if you vigorously scratch it. The issue with UV coating is that it is, as we mentioned earlier, simply a layer of ink on top of the material. This means that regardless of how cured (hardened) the ink is, it is always susceptible to chipping around the edges.

The only solution is to place a substantial ($100k+) order with a vinyl manufacturer to get custom colored material. Or you can just go with something that's already on the market, but then your competitive advantage is lost.

To the point of "Anything can peel", we would have to disagree. If measured down to the 1/100th of a millimeter, you can attain maximum coverage with very little possibility of a skin peeling up over time. Obviously if you peel something, or if subjected to extreme amounts of dirt, it will begin to peel from that spot over time. If a flawlessly fitted skin is installed properly the first time, then just used under normal conditions without the user "picking" at it, it will never peel up. The challenge here is creating the flawless fit.

We know how tough it is just starting out, so if you need any more tips, feel free to email us at info[at]dbrand.com!

It absolutely does not affect NFC functionality whatsoever, guaranteed.

If you guys don't mind, please post any future comments/questions on this thread, that way we can don't have to jump back and forth to make sure all questions are being addressed.
    Last edited by dbrand inc; 04-29-13 at 02:30 PM.
    T_Touch likes this.
    04-29-13 02:15 PM
    To anyone interested in seeing a preview of the new colored materials, attached is a screenshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 DBRAND Skin!!-new_coloured_leather.jpg  
    04-29-13 02:21 PM