I am looking to buy a z10 and I have a couple questions before I jump in.
    So currently I am on an "unlimited plan" unlimited data, voice, txt under Verizon (in the US). I believe that I can still keep this plan and upgrade my phone (currently a BB Tour 9630, yeah I know old, but a tank!) as long as I don't get the subsidised version, meaning paying full price for the phone.

1) Will the amount of data usage be worth staying with the 'unlimited' data plan? Verizon people look at my current data usage which is in the MB range and seem to want to push me into a tiered plan. However, I realise that with my Tour that the data usage will be low, and I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot more streaming with a z10 than the 9630.

2) If I am buying a full priced phone, do I have to buy the "Verizon" version, or can I purchase an unlocked GSM phone will it work on Verizon?

Thanks
    -Tom
    04-26-13 11:32 AM
    Unlimited data plan would be good and you can buy an unlocked phone as long as it is compatible with verizon
    busfault likes this.
    04-26-13 11:38 AM
    Verizon phones have their own radio that, at least for the 4GLTE speeds, cannot be used in other networks. If you go with the upgrade, it's really up to you if you think it's worth it. PM me for a workaround via Verizon website that might interest you

Posted via CB10
    busfault likes this.
    04-26-13 11:51 AM
    DO NOT surrender your unlimited plan!
    busfault and vincentkong like this.
    04-26-13 12:42 PM
    We got the share everything plan with 6gig with my wife's iPhone, iPad and my Z10 that I use with my playbook...we seldom go over 1gig a month. I will say the Z10 is using more data than my 9850 but nothing epic. We do use the devices a lot on WiFi as well. It was a lot cheaper when we switched to the share plan and booted the unlimited data.
    busfault likes this.
    04-26-13 12:44 PM
    I had an unlimited plan on VZW prior to getting my Z10, I also had tethering, so I was paying $60 a month for data on my phone alone, and was only using like 2GB with tethering included. Doing an analysis of my average data usage on the family plan I had, I discovered I could save $70 a month by switching everyone to the Share Everything plan, I have 6GB of data for 3 smartphones, and we're still not even getting close to that, my average usage for everyone was a little over 3GB, so I thought the 4GB plan might be cutting it close, especially since I anticipated my data usage would increase now that I have 4GLTE, and it has.

I would say take a look at how much data you're actually using, and see if you might be able to experience savings like I am. I didn't want to give up my unlimited plan, but the $70 monthly savings makes it totally worthwhile... that's $1680 in savings over a 2 year contract. And bumping up another 2GB of data is only $10 more a month, if you go over your data allotment, it's $15 for 1GB, which is way more reasonable than their overage rates in the past. Do the math and see what works best for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:58 PM
    My advice, stick with unlimited data and get the Exclusive White Z10 from Verizon . Then if you're up for it come check this out
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...84/index4.html
    vincentkong likes this.
    04-26-13 01:18 PM