Hey everyone,

Here's my story: I have an employee discount that Bell has set me up with, but is about to expire and no longer available, so they are giving me an OK plan. I have 3GB available right now and the only issue that I'm worried about is that the new plan only has 2GB included. So here's my question: How much data do you have on your plan and based on that, what do you think is ideal for a phone like the Z10 (which should be similar consumption for those who use a Galaxy/iPhone)? I'm thinking of using my phone in my car quite a bit to stream radio (I already do this with my 9780), but moreover, now I will be able to use Skype and other more data-consuming apps. Would it be worth sacrificing LTE for more data with Wind?

Thanks in advance!
    01-30-13 11:52 PM
    Hey everyone,

Here's my story: I have an employee discount that Bell has set me up with, but is about to expire and no longer available, so they are giving me an OK plan. I have 3GB available right now and the only issue that I'm worried about is that the new plan only has 2GB included. So here's my question: How much data do you have on your plan and based on that, what do you think is ideal for a phone like the Z10 (which should be similar consumption for those who use a Galaxy/iPhone)? I'm thinking of using my phone in my car quite a bit to stream radio (I already do this with my 9780), but moreover, now I will be able to use Skype and other more data-consuming apps. Would it be worth sacrificing LTE for more data with Wind?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Do not go with WIND... From personal experience and from those around me, while the price is great, the unlimited data, text and calls is not worth it if your connection is not solid.

2. I have an iPhone 4S but I've had the chance to use an iPhone 5 and SGS3 and LTE is nuts! It's extremely fast, it's definitely worth having.

With having LTE, people say you eat through your data faster because it's so fast. You tend to use it more. Apps don't necessarily use more data. The key thing is just keeping an eye on it.
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 12:00 AM
    The biggest issue with LTE and data is yes, everything comes faster, so you use it more, but also for watching videos, you will get the higher quality video which is also more data.
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 12:16 AM
    1. Do not go with WIND... From personal experience and from those around me, while the price is great, the unlimited data, text and calls is not worth it if your connection is not solid.

2. I have an iPhone 4S but I've had the chance to use an iPhone 5 and SGS3 and LTE is nuts! It's extremely fast, it's definitely worth having.

With having LTE, people say you eat through your data faster because it's so fast. You tend to use it more. Apps don't necessarily use more data. The key thing is just keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for the response. How much data do you guys have on your plan and do you feel it's enough?
    01-31-13 01:22 AM
    Thanks, I will keep it in mind. BTW, how much data do you have on your plan and do you feel it's enough?
    01-31-13 01:24 AM
    6GB on TELUS is the perfect plan in my opinion!
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 01:30 AM
    My son has the S3 and he uses it for his radio in his car. He doesn't watch a lot of videos on it but he uses about 2-3 gb a month. We have wifi here at the house and he has it at his job so that cuts down on useage. I stream sports talk 8-10 hours a day at work and I use about 4 gb a month. To be safe I would at least have a 5 gb month allowance.
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 04:46 AM
    Thanks for the response. How much data do you guys have on your plan and do you feel it's enough?
    I have a 6GB data plan, on average I find that I use about 3GBs. This is on HSPA+ though. I have yet to test it on LTE.
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 09:09 AM
    Thank you everyone!
    01-31-13 11:24 AM
    I have a 6 GB plan on Galaxy S3. I use it heavily for push email and 3 other emails that poll frequently. I read a lot of news, and web browsing. Occasional you tube use and occasional Netflix (though just started using Netflix).
    If you are not going to be streaming netflix or music you will have a hard time exceeding 2 or 3 GB of data even on LTE. If you are streaming music and Video, you will most certainly need more than 2 or 3 GB.
    DJRikko likes this.
    01-31-13 11:44 AM
    6GB share everything VZW
    06-16-13 02:33 PM