View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your Z10?

Voters
357. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Best phone I've ever bought)

145 40.62%

79 22.13%

73 20.45%

28 7.84%

6 1.68%
  • 5 (meh, it's ok)

10 2.80%

3 0.84%

7 1.96%

2 0.56%
  • 1 (what a piece of crap)

4 1.12%
    mikeo007 gave it a 1 rating. Why OH why am I not surprised?

Anyway...

Hardware: 7.5 - It gets the job done as far as I can tell. I could have/use a larger battery in there, as well as gorilla glass - specially considering that if you break the screen, you kill the touch sensor all together;
    Software: 8 - The OS is smooth, easy to learn (YES. Don't give me that nonsense about no buttons. I've seen 5 noobs learn all gestures in less than a minute - my mum included) and responsive. Lots of things could be improved, but it sure is on the right track;
    Apps: 6 - Not even some long timers like Endomondo and Shazam are around (though I expect the Shazam to come soon). We know how hard the Dev Evangelists have been working but you'd expect more of the apps that were in the old OS to be in the new one;

Gave it an 8 for the poll. I think BlackBerry has a solid device, a solid OS, but the app issue is still there. The "use the browser" workaround was ok on the 7" of the PlayBook, but on 4.2", apps are still a better way to go about getting content.
    Surprising he even bought the phone. He seems genuinely bitter about anything blackberry related. So the 1 score wasn't a shock at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:53 PM
    9/10 for me. Great phone but still room to improve. I'm waiting for my Q10
    03-28-13 12:07 AM
    Hmm where do I begin...

Missing pin code security lock

Do you mean passwords? It's there. Learn how to set it up.

No ability to see Gmail emails beyond 30 days

This isn't an issue for me, but I can see how some people would prefer to have the whole backlog in their device memory.

No background processing "Headless" if you will

Differently from the PlayBook, apps can run in the background if they are coded to do so.

BlackBerry App World is a hot mess.. no ability to sort reviews.. can tell what apps you have installed without clicking the app.. app categories could be better organized

It is a mess, but not as bad as you describe. To see installed apps, go to My World. That Easy. Agree on everything else.

Inconsistent notifications

You're gonna have to be a bit more specific. So far I find nothing inconsistent about the notifications...

Too many clicks to delete a notification ability to swipe to delete would be nice)

Like the swite to delete idea. Disagree on the too many clicks - Press and hold on the notification, slide your finger down to the trash can icon on the bottom right. We kinda already have the gesture, but I can see what you mean there.

No ability to interact with lock screen notifications..

But then, what is the lock screen for?

Apps that extend BB10 functionality..

You can't really blame the device for lack of apps. This was a weak one.

When I get a notification and I peek to see it.. then swipe to hub it should open my latest notification.. but it opens my last open notification.. huh?

I agree we could use a setting to allow the Hub to defult to "All". But how hard is it to swipe left and hit Hub? It's second nature to me now.

Inconsistent gestures.. for instance in the Web browser I should be able to swipe to the right to expose my open tabs.. instead I have to click a button!?

Have you ever tried swiping from that? Try this: Where the "buttom" is, instead of clicking it, put your finger there and swipe to the left. That's the same thing you do in the Hub, the Crackberry app and a heck more other places, so fairly consistent.

I have more but.. you get it. BB10 is about getting down to communication but it often takes longer to do something very simple..

No, I don't really. You just need more time with your new device.

Posted via CB10
    I do agree with SOME points.
    03-28-13 12:12 AM
    Great. Those things are important to YOU. None issues for ME. So for ME, the way I use the phone and the needs for ME, this phone is perfect. Does that mean I'm delusional? Of course not. Just means the way the phone functions, in its current state, works for ME. Others like you, the way YOU use the phone and the needs required for YOU, the phone needs work. Neither you or me are wrong. MY preference for how I use my phone has been fulfilled.

Posted via CB10
    Yep and a horse and carriage works for people who have never experienced a bike or car..

That's why I said people must have a frame of reference..

Everything I listed increases usability.. are you saying those things wouldn't increase your experience? What would it be then? A 11 or 12? Lol

Fan boys I swear.. BlackBerry will never succeed if we don't hold their feet to the fire..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:13 AM
    I do agree with SOME points.
    I know it has a password lock.. i am talking about a pin code like every major mobile os

You just highlighted my point about inconsistent gestures.. why is there a back button to begin with? Gestures should take care if that..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:18 AM
    Yep and a horse and carriage works for people who have never experienced a bike or car..

Everything I listed increases usability.. are you saying those things wouldn't increase your experience? What would it be then? A 11 or 12? Lol

Fan boys I swear.. BlackBerry will never succeed if we don't hold their feet to the fire..

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to your reply to my humble comment. I agree with you when merit is due and point out where lack of familiarity with the OS was leading to issues. So, fanboy argument won't apply. Hope it helps though.

EDIT:

I know it has a password lock.. i am talking about a pin code like every major mobile os

You just highlighted my point about inconsistent gestures.. why is there a back button to begin with? Gestures should take care if that..

Posted via CB10
    Gestures could take care of that, agreed, but maybe a back buttom is simply more practical. If I had it my way, we'd probably have both. Glad that's all that was left to discuss.
    03-28-13 12:19 AM
    Looking forward to your reply to my humble comment. I agree with you when merit is due and point out where lack of familiarity with the OS was leading to issues. So, fanboy argument won't apply. Hope it helps though.

EDIT:

Gestures could take care of that, agreed, but maybe a back buttom is simply more practical. If I had it my way, we'd probably have both. Glad that's all that was left to discuss.
    I am familiar with the BB10 OS on Z10... are you?

I am also familiar with Android, iOS and WP8.. so I think my frame if reference is fairly unique around here..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because you use certain things that I don't and never plan on using doesn't mean anything. It wouldn't increase my experience because I never wanted to use it in the first place. My BMW has windshield wipers. I've owned it for 4 years. I've never turned the wipers on. Why? I don't drive it in the rain. Wipers don't increase my experience at all. So once again, for me, the phone is perfect. Are there things that need to be addressed with the phone? Yes indeed. Do those things affect me? Not one bit. Will folks like you, that need more, drive brry to update such things? I certainly hope so. But to say people are delusional because the phone does what they need it to do is plain wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:35 AM
    Common! This phone kick ***

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:39 AM
    I am familiar with the BB10 OS on Z10... are you?

I am also familiar with Android, iOS and WP8.. so I think my frame if reference is fairly unique around here..

Posted via CB10
    Let's see... Am I, who just pointed in detail the bad argument of your previous post and agreed to the few real points you made, familiar with the Z10? ... Can I ask the undergraduates for help on this one?

We have Android in the house (2.3 Moto Defy to 4.1 Moto RAZR HD) and I do help support for my boss when he can't make his iPad work. I play with everything friend. Even made comments on a specific feature from the Lumina 920's cam.

You're not as unique as you'd hoped, sorry. It's mobile nations after all.

And by replying as you did, you just lost all credibility you had. Lack of arguments turned into an attempt to stablish oneself as an expert. But hey, it's only the Internet. No biggie.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:53 AM
    I'm a 7.. It's a GREAT step in the right direction, but some additions and improvements could be made!

Sent from my iPad Mini 32GB using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jlarkins08; 03-28-13 at 09:36 AM.
    03-28-13 01:05 AM
    Because you use certain things that I don't and never plan on using doesn't mean anything. It wouldn't increase my experience because I never wanted to use it in the first place. My BMW has windshield wipers. I've owned it for 4 years. I've never turned the wipers on. Why? I don't drive it in the rain. Wipers don't increase my experience at all. So once again, for me, the phone is perfect. Are there things that need to be addressed with the phone? Yes indeed. Do those things affect me? Not one bit. Will folks like you, that need more, drive brry to update such things? I certainly hope so. But to say people are delusional because the phone does what they need it to do is plain wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Correction it wouldn't increase your experience because you never KNEW you wanted it.. until you have it or need it that is...

Are you saying that gestures in BB10 that are already implemented don't increase your experience over bbos7? Did you know you NEEDED them before you experienced it?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:13 AM
    Let's see... Am I, who just pointed in detail the bad argument of your previous post and agreed to the few real points you made, familiar with the Z10? ... Can I ask the undergraduates for help on this one?

We have Android in the house (2.3 Moto Defy to 4.1 Moto RAZR HD) and I do help support for my boss when he can't make his iPad work. I play with everything friend. Even made comments on a specific feature from the Lumina 920's cam.

You're not as unique as you'd hoped, sorry. It's mobile nations after all.

And by replying as you did, you just lost all credibility you had. Lack of arguments turned into an attempt to stablish oneself as an expert. But hey, it's only the Internet. No biggie.

Posted via CB10
    I replied to you about the lock screen pin and inconsistent gestures..

You play with everything but has everything been your daily driver? There is a difference..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:15 AM
    Correction it wouldn't increase your experience because you never KNEW you wanted it.. until you have it or need it that is...

Are you saying that gestures in BB10 that are already implemented don't increase your experience over bbos7? Did you know you NEEDED them before you experienced it?

Posted via CB10
    I'm well aware of many things on this phone and other platforms. Based on this knowledge, I know what I need and want. Won't change my experience a bit because I don't want to use certain things because I don't need them, though I know those things are there.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:43 AM
    It's a great phone, but there's still room for improvements..
    I'm at 9/10 at the moment...
    If new android emulation (version 4), and background apps - It would be at solid 10....
    03-28-13 02:35 AM
    10. I'd like to see it go to 11, but it does pretty well everything I want, doesn't drop calls, doesn't fail at email, runs all sorts of software, and never screws up.

Basically the diametric opposite of an iPhone.
    03-28-13 02:46 AM
    9.5/10

Need a few tweaks

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:11 AM
    10/10 live it and will only get better with updates

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:54 AM
    Going to say 9/10. My only beef is the app issue but I can live with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:12 AM
    Looks like the vast majority are satisfied. No surprise. It's an awesome phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:46 AM
    8/10 just missing dome key features

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:50 AM
    9/10 because certain apps and options that I had on my 9810 aren't available (yet)

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:55 AM
    My Z10 rocks!! I've had it for five days and I will not be returning it!!!!!
    03-28-13 09:56 AM
    (7.5 ) It's still a lot of features missing from the OS. Hardware is fine (inexpensive for BBRY but costly for consumers). Apps are coming along and they should not let Devs charge for ports BlackBerry World. Get the PlayBook caught up with z10 to keep us occupied while they tweek OS10 to full on status.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:06 AM
    BlackBerry is almost back in business with Z10. 8/10

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:10 AM
196 ... 45678