Howsit guys

so i cracked my second screen in 9 months and i am making a change to the iphone 5s since my contract is upgrading as im not going to waste more money fixing it. the screen is cracked which makes the phone unusable and i need to backup my contacts somehow so i can transfer to my iphone. i can connect to link and access the phones folders through usb, i did not have any emails linked to my bb10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks and Regards
    12-03-13 02:28 PM
    If you've got an email address from Microsoft or Google, then your contact list is backed up anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:42 PM
    my email address was not linked to my blackberry in any way. thats the problem
    12-03-13 02:45 PM
    Browse to the specific folder and manually copy them and paste to a location of your choosing

Kah
    12-03-13 03:24 PM
    my email address was not linked to my blackberry in any way. thats the problem
    Bummer, you can use Link to back up contacts, but that won't help unless you get another BlackBerry. You could try what was said by the previous poster and try to find and extract the. Vcf's from the address book folder but I don't even know if Vcf's are compatible with iPhone. You may need to convert them.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:29 PM
    Howsit guys

so i cracked my second screen in 9 months and i am making a change to the iphone 5s since my contract is upgrading as im not going to waste more money fixing it. the screen is cracked which makes the phone unusable and i need to backup my contacts somehow so i can transfer to my iphone. i can connect to link and access the phones folders through usb, i did not have any emails linked to my bb10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks and Regards
    You must be some careless to have broken 2 screens in 9 months. By the Wu, there is no folder where you can copy the contacts off. Look into syncing with Outlook or something similar.

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    12-03-13 04:31 PM
    Connect to a tv using hdmi and see if you can figure out how to add an email account that can sycn????

Good luck.
    12-03-13 05:18 PM
    Connect to a tv using hdmi and see if you can figure out how to add an email account that can sycn????

Good luck.
    And use PIM Backup and Restore to backup your contacts to the memory card.
    12-03-13 06:20 PM
    Browse to the specific folder and manually copy them and paste to a location of your choosing

Kah
    Bummer, you can use Link to back up contacts, but that won't help unless you get another BlackBerry. You could try what was said by the previous poster and try to find and extract the. Vcf's from the address book folder but I don't even know if Vcf's are compatible with iPhone. You may need to convert them.

Posted via CB10
    How do i find the folder that contains the address book, i looked everywhere?

You must be some careless to have broken 2 screens in 9 months. By the Wu, there is no folder where you can copy the contacts off. Look into syncing with Outlook or something similar.

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    The first time the screen simply cracked while it was in the pocket and now i did drop it, mistakes happen i guess.
    how do i sync with outlook though?

Good luck.
    And use PIM Backup and Restore to backup your contacts to the memory card.
    i thought of doing that but its pointless bcoz then ill be able to see the screen but i cant do anything bcoz the touch is unresponsive

any other ideas please?
    12-03-13 06:39 PM
    Try connect to hdmi has a friend said, after that install fire chest and make a backup of your contacts in Dropbox, after that Send all your contacts to a folder of your choose in windows.

After you have all your contacts
    Use your Mc dos Window.
    Go to the folder where all your contacts are.
    In there type
    type *.vcf > todos.vcf

That will make all your contacts go to todos.vcf file and that file you import to you icloud contacts account

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    12-03-13 07:07 PM
    Try connect to hdmi has a friend said, after that install fire chest and make a backup of your contacts in Dropbox, after that Send all your contacts to a folder of your choose in windows.

After you have all your contacts
    Use your Mc dos Window.
    Go to the folder where all your contacts are.
    In there type
    type *.vcf > todos.vcf

That will make all your contacts go to todos.vcf file and that file you import to you icloud contacts account

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but after I connect to hdmi, how do I browse and stuff because the screen is unresponsive, I'll merely just get the screen on the hdmi device and can't do anything after that
    12-03-13 07:12 PM
    Perhaps this could help you

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    12-03-13 07:16 PM
    How will I pair if I can't even switch on my Bluetooth ... I can't do any functions on the phone in this state... I can just see my lock screen that is all
    12-03-13 07:22 PM
    Just an fyi....saw a screen replacement kit on Amazon yesterday. have no idea if they are good or not. Saw a YouTube video how to fix my 9900...looked shockingly easy.

BB Proud
    12-03-13 07:56 PM
    Try searching a little more on YouTube and Crackberry, I remember one time video using keyboard and mouse without bluetooth and only cables

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:59 PM
    Is there no other way of backing up data and extracting the contacts from there or probably using another sort of file manager other than link to get to the address book??
    12-03-13 10:31 PM
    Sachesi can backup the z10. I don't know if you can extract the contacts from that backup.
    12-04-13 12:13 AM
    Oh. Tough pickle. Lol. Hmm they weren't saved to your sim?

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-04-13 12:28 AM
    How do i find the folder that contains the address book, i looked everywhere?

The first time the screen simply cracked while it was in the pocket and now i did drop it, mistakes happen i guess.
    how do i sync with outlook though?

i thought of doing that but its pointless bcoz then ill be able to see the screen but i cant do anything bcoz the touch is unresponsive

any other ideas please?
    You have to make sure usb mass storage is off, you'll know when your computer sees the Z as two drives, one for sd card and one for phone. You want the phone one. I think it is in the BlackBerry folder somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:14 AM
    Is there no other way of backing up data and extracting the contacts from there or probably using another sort of file manager other than link to get to the address book??
    You should be able to backup to Link then export from link to comma separated list... (I seem to recall seeing that when setting up my Z30 the other day but won't swear to it as I'm not at my home computer to check) If nothing else, try taking it in to your telco.. I know that the Rogers near me at least has a machine that they can hook your device up to to back up the contacts to switch to a new device. I've no idea how it works, what manner of magic it employs or if it requires the screen to be operable but it's worth a shot..
    12-05-13 01:17 PM
    could one connect to a laptop instead? I have the same problem.
    06-12-17 06:44 PM