Has anyone heard of their camera sensor getting a crack in it? My z10 doesn't appear to have a visibly cracked glass cover, yet all of my pictures are coming up with a line through them in the same spot?

I'm kinda pissed at my Blackberry 10 experience and think I might just switch back to one of the Big 2 offerings... I've only had it for 6 months, and have never had camera issues with any of my Droid products.
    10-31-13 01:27 PM
    What OS are you using? Official? Leaked?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:28 PM
    Can you post a picture of a photo taken with your phone?
    10-31-13 01:29 PM
    10.01.0.42 official T-Mobile version.
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 Cracked Camera?-img_00000001.jpg  
    10-31-13 01:44 PM
    Try updating to 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:51 PM
    This just started today after a solid couple months after the update. I'm not sure if that would fix that, but maybe I'm wrong.
    10-31-13 01:54 PM
    Updating may not work but it's best to try everything before sending it in for repair?

10.2 is much better than 10.1 anyway, so would recommend updating anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:59 PM
    Give that lens a ruddy good clean with alcohol solvent (IPA, not Vodka) and report back. Do you have a DSLR or camera with Macro mode available? Might get you to snap a picture of your lens

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:56 PM
    The camera is still messed up. I'm waiting for the Google Nexus 5 to launch and I'm not looking back, 6 months of waiting and there's no plans on getting major Apps like instagram, mobile banking, soil science apps, and poor GPS capabilities to pull coordinates, that I used to use on android. I know I can sideload them, but I'm done with Blackberry's empty promises, I'll let them sink once and for all.
    11-02-13 11:46 AM
    The camera is still messed up. I'm waiting for the Google Nexus 5 to launch and I'm not looking back, 6 months of waiting and there's no plans on getting major Apps like instagram, mobile banking, soil science apps, and poor GPS capabilities to pull coordinates, that I used to use on android. I know I can sideload them, but I'm done with Blackberry's empty promises, I'll let them sink once and for all.
    You are forgetting to include that you dropped the phone and broke the thin glass on the lens, but continue with the overreacting.

BlackBerry's restructure is sure to fail if you get a nexus, so don't do that, I guess??

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Posted via CB10
    FunktasticLucky likes this.
    11-02-13 12:22 PM
    Roflmao! Dude drops and breaks his phone and then blames BlackBerry. That's classic. The build quality on a BlackBerry is much higher than an all plastic nexus 5. Hope it works out for you better when you drop that one.

Auto corrected by BB10
    11-02-13 12:27 PM
    I haven't dropped my phone for months, if it got cracked it was from being in my pocket along with pens or keys while biking. I'll gladly leave, while you pretend blackberry isn't bleeding money, while hopelessly launching the Z30. They are obviously up for sale and there aren't any decent manufacturers looking at purchasing the company. I gave them time, and Windows obviously has taken third place, we all know that the market place cannot support four different operating systems as is experienced by the lack of app development. Enjoy your resting place on the ocean floor as blackberry has already taken on enough water.
    11-02-13 06:53 PM
    Rofl! And the troll finally comes out in full swing. Not gonna bother me pal. Enjoy your nexus. I believe you know where the door is correct?

Auto corrected by BB10
    pvphooman and hazarder like this.
    11-02-13 10:35 PM
    I haven't dropped my phone for months, if it got cracked it was from being in my pocket along with pens or keys while biking. I'll gladly leave, while you pretend blackberry isn't bleeding money, while hopelessly launching the Z30. They are obviously up for sale and there aren't any decent manufacturers looking at purchasing the company. I gave them time, and Windows obviously has taken third place, we all know that the market place cannot support four different operating systems as is experienced by the lack of app development. Enjoy your resting place on the ocean floor as blackberry has already taken on enough water.
    Lmao. Someone sure got mad quick, maybe you did drop it
    Just admit it.

Posted via that z10!
    11-02-13 11:31 PM
    Apparently, my camera lens also has developed (what I guess) is a crack in it. I seldom drop my phone and certainly don't remember doing so on the day the crack appeared.

Based on my experience, I think the Z10 is too fragile in this aspect.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:13 AM
    Apparently, my camera lens also has developed (what I guess) is a crack in it. I seldom drop my phone and certainly don't remember doing so on the day the crack appeared.

Based on my experience, I think the Z10 is too fragile in this aspect.

Posted via CB10
    In contrast, I've dropped my Z10 more than 25 times on concrete (I'm clumsy, and don't use cases) and the phone is still perfect (bar some chips on the casing).

When I had a PlayBook oh so long ago, the front facing camera got dusty on the lens. BBRY replaced the tablet at no cost to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:25 AM
    In contrast, I've dropped my Z10 more than 25 times on concrete (I'm clumsy, and don't use cases) and the phone is still perfect (bar some chips on the casing).

When I had a PlayBook oh so long ago, the front facing camera got dusty on the lens. BBRY replaced the tablet at no cost to me.

Posted via CB10
    That's great.

I've dropped a few phoned over the years - sometimes from 6 feet, or more. This is the first phone that I've ever had that cracked the camera lens. The few times I've dropped this phone have been from heights of 18 inches to 3 feet. That and I don't remember dropping it when the crack first appeared.

I've got insurance on the phone, but it is a hassle to switch everything over to a new device.

Here's a picture showing the crack (on the left):

Z10 Cracked Camera?-img_00000207.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:59 AM
    While I understand everyone's frustrations there are a couple things here. First... phones cost you a lot of money; protect your investment. Secondly.. I don't think a lot of people realize the shock load that's exerted on a phone when dropped on concrete. IMHO, I think BlackBerry phones are some of the most rugged. I have been fortunate to not break mine yet. Being in aircraft maintenance it has definitely seen some abuse. My Z30 will be getting a screen protector though. My Z10 has some pretty nasty gouges in the screen.

Auto corrected by BB10
    11-03-13 07:30 AM
    ...IMHO, I think BlackBerry phones are some of the most rugged....
    With the 9720 or 9900, I'd agree. With the Z, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:53 AM
    I can't say the Z10 is poorly built. It's been in some sort of case it's whole life (casemate or the transform shell), and it fell down 6 wooden stairs, and nothing happened. I dropped it down concrete block temporary stairs, and nothing happened. My girlfriend is occasionally ditzy, and her's went spiraling down the stairs a few times, and it's been rock solid. My brother's fell off of a moving car and it was fine (although it was at like 5 mph)

I have legit 0 complaints about the durability of the device.
    11-03-13 08:48 AM
    Enjoy your resting place on the ocean floor as blackberry has already taken on enough water.
    Some people will never be satisfied and will always find something to moan about, attention seeking behavior.

OP if you want an android phone buy one, nobody is going to beg you to stick with Blackberry, it seems you want so much from a phone maybe as a substitute for something , idk

I hope you are very happy together
    11-03-13 09:06 AM
    Some people will never be satisfied and will always find something to moan about, attention seeking behavior.

OP if you want an android phone buy one, nobody is going to beg you to stick with Blackberry, it seems you want so much from a phone maybe as a substitute for something , idk

I hope you are very happy together
    I'm not attention seeking, I'm simply expressing my distaste that this is the first phone that has ever been cracked. I've never cracked a display, let alone a camera. I'm glad they designed a glass cover for the camera to keep out dust, but when my camera, itself, is cracked because the very outermost glass is not cracked, I don't know what to think. I'm pretty gentle with my phones and a relatively light user not putting them through much power cycling (a charge lasts 2 full days if I ensure WIFI is turned off).

As far as substituting for something, how long does a customer need to hold out until we get decent apps? I don't know about you, but I left a lot of productivity apps, and many other android-only apps and have been very patient, until this point. I've emailed developers, and have given half a year of my "smartphone time" to the Blackberry Z10, and have been left with a "K thx, but we're going to ditch our company sucker" by Blackberry. Obviously, there aren't going to be too many developers eager to develop for a phone that even the Manufacturer doesn't have faith in. At least, I can go back to any android and get my apps back, and I can even download them without having to go through the hassle of going through my PC in order to sideload them. I mean, is all that hassle really worth the difficulty, and all we get in return is a better virtual keyboard (I could type fine on my past androids), hub(this is the only reason I'd keep my Z10), and some swipe commands (which others are copying, so no real advantage there).

I'm not trying to be a giant ******, but there comes a time where a company breaks enough promises. I mean I should have known from the get go, when blackberry had to make their own Facebook app.
    11-04-13 08:22 AM
    Trying to cool the thread - can you actually see a crack "inside" or are the results only evident in the photos? Maybe this is a warranty issue. If the internal sensor is faulty it might be covered, especially if there is no evidence of exterior damage from falls or drops.
    11-04-13 09:11 AM
    I'm not attention seeking, I'm simply expressing my distaste that this is the first phone that has ever been cracked. I've never cracked a display, let alone a camera. I'm glad they designed a glass cover for the camera to keep out dust, but when my camera, itself, is cracked because the very outermost glass is not cracked, I don't know what to think. I'm pretty gentle with my phones and a relatively light user not putting them through much power cycling (a charge lasts 2 full days if I ensure WIFI is turned off).
    So you never broke a phone before, so this can't possibly be your fault?

As far as substituting for something, how long does a customer need to hold out until we get decent apps? I don't know about you, but I left a lot of productivity apps, and many other android-only apps and have been very patient, until this point. I've emailed developers, and have given half a year of my "smartphone time" to the Blackberry Z10, and have been left with a "K thx, but we're going to ditch our company sucker" by Blackberry. Obviously, there aren't going to be too many developers eager to develop for a phone that even the Manufacturer doesn't have faith in. At least, I can go back to any android and get my apps back, and I can even download them without having to go through the hassle of going through my PC in order to sideload them. I mean, is all that hassle really worth the difficulty, and all we get in return is a better virtual keyboard (I could type fine on my past androids), hub(this is the only reason I'd keep my Z10), and some swipe commands (which others are copying, so no real advantage there).
    You knew what this was. You bought the phone knowing the application situation was less than ideal for quite a few people.

'm not trying to be a giant ******, but there comes a time where a company breaks enough promises. I mean I should have known from the get go, when blackberry had to make their own Facebook app.
    What exactly are you looking for? I'm not sure why you keep coming back and trying to prod people into reactions. You're not trying to be a giant ******? Well, you are naturally pretty good at it if you are doing it without even trying.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:42 AM
    Trying to cool the thread - can you actually see a crack "inside" or are the results only evident in the photos? Maybe this is a warranty issue. If the internal sensor is faulty it might be covered, especially if there is no evidence of exterior damage from falls or drops.
    Can't see it on the camera, just in the pics.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:50 AM
29 12