Hi everyone. Does the Z10 Have the S4 or S4 pro? I notice some reviewers claiming both as well as some sites suggesting the Adreno 225 and some suggesting the Adreno 320? Which is correct? Thanks for the response. I must admit that the Z10 is a very fast device.

I have yet to try any graphics intensive games. I've heard the gaming is great as far as graphics support
    03-15-13 08:09 PM
    I know there are 2 different chipsets STL100-1 has OMAP and -2/3 has the Snapdragon MSM8960. refer to this post for more info http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rences-776359/ hope it helps!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-15-13 08:23 PM
    I was under the impression that it is the S4 pro. However with conflicting reviews, I now have no idea
    03-15-13 09:46 PM
    I was under the impression that it is the S4 pro. However with conflicting reviews, I now have no idea
    S4 Plus w/ Adrenno 225 on those variations that do indeed make use of the S4.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-15-13 09:51 PM
    I know there are 2 different chipsets STL100-1 has OMAP and -2/3 has the Snapdragon MSM8960. refer to this post for more info http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rences-776359/ hope it helps!
    Don't think there really are two versions out there. India was supposed to get the omap version, but we've been getting the QualComm snapdragon here too. Actually, there aren't two versions of the phone, or so it appears.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:51 PM
    Don't think there really are two versions out there. India was supposed to get the omap version, but we've been getting the QualComm snapdragon here too. Actually, there aren't two versions of the phone, or so it appears.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there is.
    03-15-13 09:52 PM
    Is there much of a difference between the Adreno 225 and 320?
    03-15-13 10:03 PM
    Yes, there is.
    Well, yes. I've read that as well. But what I wanted to state was - I haven't actually heard of one with the OMAP version in someone's hand, out in the wild, assuming Non - LTE countries were supposed to get the omap version, and India being one of them, we still got the QC SD version. But again, my knowledge about it might be strictly limited to India.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:03 PM
    Is there much of a difference between the Adreno 225 and 320?
    Numerically, sure. Whether you'd notice in real life, like anything spec it's highly debatable.

AnandTech | Qualcomm's Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 (APQ8064/Adreno 320) Performance Preview
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-15-13 10:08 PM
    Well, yes. I've read that as well. But what I wanted to state was - I haven't actually heard of one with the OMAP version in someone's hand, out in the wild, assuming Non - LTE countries were supposed to get the omap version, and India being one of them, we still got the QC SD version. But again, my knowledge about it might be strictly limited to India.

Posted via CB10
    All those running the STL100-1 version will have the OMAP processor. Many users already have this version. Apparently some stated that Qatar has this version and some confirmed in South Africa that's the version they're using!
    03-15-13 10:18 PM
    All those running the STL100-1 version will have the OMAP processor. Many users already have this version. Apparently some stated that Qatar has this version and some confirmed in South Africa that's the version they're using!
    That should be the case. But I've got the 100-1 version too but it still runs on QC. Not arguing the fact that there can be two versions, just stating that the one that supposed to have omap here, still comes with the QC. So there are two variants within the same 100-1 model, I'd guess.

Here.

Z10 CPU?-img_00000061.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:29 PM
    The OMAP 4470 is the chipset... it's using 1.5Ghz processor (most likely a ARM cortex A9). This is what i understand it to be...anyone else confirm this?
    03-15-13 10:47 PM
    It has the s4 plus. Adreno 225. Its actually a big difference which makes me sad. The snapdragon 600 eats our soc for breakfast but mostly due to its support for lpddr3 while we are stuck with lpddr2. Also the adreno 225 is a good bit weaker than the 320. Sucks but on the other hand it atill works better than the stuttering 8 core samsung monster phone. Trying to keep this positive but honestly the Z10 is a bit behind already. For me coming from an old snapdragon powered phone with technicly no gpu it will be a huge upgrade. XD
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-15-13 11:15 PM
    I don't know how you can say 'the Z10 is a bit behind already'. Many non-tech expert users like me will find this phone to be the best performing phone on handling apps and browser speed, ever. Running such a smooth OS must help out a lot too, allowing a slightly less powerful chip to be used, if that is the case. But really, this phone is like a rocket, best one & UI that I have ever had.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:30 PM
    I don't know how you can say 'the Z10 is a bit behind already'. Many non-tech expert users like me will find this phone to be the best performing phone on handling apps and browser speed, ever. Running such a smooth OS must help out a lot too, allowing a slightly less powerful chip to be used, if that is the case. But really, this phone is like a rocket, best one & UI that I have ever had.

Posted via CB10
    I think meltbox360 meant hardware wise. Performance i agree is amazing on the Z10 but the hardware (processor) i think is already a year old...
    03-15-13 11:32 PM
    the processor isn't all tbat matters. its QNX that matters. when you run an efficient OS you don't need a massive processor, all that is going to do is eat battery life. if you habe a bloated OS like Android, you have to have a big processor to make it perform and even then not very well. bigger isn't always better.
    03-15-13 11:40 PM
    When you look at hardware on smartphones it really isn't all about specs. Not that they don't matter but take this for example.. :

When you go to a store to check out a new pc.. you check the specs and it's very important to do so. Why? Because for the majority of people, we are looking at Windows based pcs and so all that do differentiate these pcs are hardware specs. PcA will be slower than Pcb if it has a slower cpu, etc. For this reason it's just programmed into us to shop this way, but its the wrong approach when looking at smartphones.

We all know Bb10 is buttery smooth. iOS is also buttery smooth and it only runs dual core also with even less RAM than the competition. Android has high specs, and even the Galaxy Nexus when it shipped with stock Android 4.0 on dual core without extra "Bloatware" was not smooth at first. It's a big reason why Google took on project butter and OS fluidity and performance has improved in Jelly Bean but it's still a work in progress.

Hardware on smartphones can only be compared on hardware with similar operating systems. And operating systems are perhaps the most overlooked "Spec" on a spec sheet.

The z10 runs excellent on its dual core. Users on these forums are not just saying that because we're fans of the platform. It's just true. Same way Apple users claim iOS is smooth and runs well. We already know that about iOS and though I don't like that particular platform, it's a popular platform which validifies (word?) my point due to most people's familiarity with it. The z10 is good for 2013. Next year (or perhaps even later this year, Aristo?) they will come out with a new high end smartphone hopefully with nice OS improvements. In a market of Android, it's like a market for windows pcs.. Microsoft does not make pcs but rather other companies do.. and the only way to differentiate yourself from others is with hardware. This is why you're seeing what you're seeing with Android and not with BlackBerry, Apple, and Windows Phone for example. Don't get too caught up in the hype.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:01 AM
    Bigger proccie + Bigger RAM + Bigger Screen = More money to be spent.
    03-16-13 12:12 AM
    Chipset A: TI OMAP 4470 1.5Ghz / Imagination GPU PowerVR SGX 544
    Chipset B: QC Snapdragon MSM8960 1.5Ghz / Qualcomm GPU Adreno 225

just in case you didn't find it in the other post.

To all Indians: if you have the STL100-1 you have the TI OMAP. No matter what the legal blabla says. We in the UAE have the TI OMAP too. If you don't believe it, then just use geekbench2 and benchmark the STL 100-1 against any of the other versions and you will see.

That's also the reason why you can install Dev Alpha OS on your Z10, it's the same hardware and the Dev Alpha had....TI OMAP processor.

So, my 100-1 also says powered by QC but it's just not true, we have the TI OMAP in it, sadly.

So long,
    K
    03-16-13 01:23 AM