Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm new here and wasn't sure where to begin.

I've recently jumped ship from iPhone to Z10. I recently changed careers and I found that there was a LOT of people suddenly in my life that needed to constantly keep in contact with me and no platform facilitates that better than Blackberry. The trouble is, I was linked with a few friends on my iPhone using iMessage and now for some reason, I cannot receive their text messages.

My initial thoughts is that, even when my iPhone is off, their messages are being stored in Apple's cloud and it doesn't seem to recognize that my phone is not an iPhone anymore. It's like a one-way ticket to going somewhere - you can get into the cloud and use iMessage but you can't go back. Is there any way to disable iMessage so my iPhone doesn't always receive those texts, or is there a handy workaround that some folks have had with the Z10?
    02-26-13 09:31 AM
    This is actually an iMessage issue. You can search it all over the internet, but the general conclusion is that it is an issue with iMessage being linked to your phone number instead of your Apple ID. The servers will take a few weeks to poll, and by then, your number *should* no longer be associated with iMessage, but until then, any "text" they send you will be blue on their screen, meaning it is going to your iMessage account, and not as a text. Changing your phone number will fix it quickly, but obviously that may not be convenient.

It's a ridiculous issue that Apple fails to fix. Here are more frustrated former iPhone users who switched to BB10, Android, WP, etc.

switched from iphone texts - Google Search
    02-26-13 09:45 AM
    Oh, and next time, use a more appropriate thread title.
    02-26-13 09:49 AM
    Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm new here and wasn't sure where to begin.

I've recently jumped ship from iPhone to Z10. I recently changed careers and I found that there was a LOT of people suddenly in my life that needed to constantly keep in contact with me and no platform facilitates that better than Blackberry. The trouble is, I was linked with a few friends on my iPhone using iMessage and now for some reason, I cannot receive their text messages.

My initial thoughts is that, even when my iPhone is off, their messages are being stored in Apple's cloud and it doesn't seem to recognize that my phone is not an iPhone anymore. It's like a one-way ticket to going somewhere - you can get into the cloud and use iMessage but you can't go back. Is there any way to disable iMessage so my iPhone doesn't always receive those texts, or is there a handy workaround that some folks have had with the Z10?
    From what I have been told by other iPhone users, Apple CLOUD takes roughly 2 weeks to notice that you are no longer on iPhone. At which point, they remove your phone number from Apple Cloud's iMessage list. So, in 2 weeks, you should start getting your text messages on your phone instead of via iMessage.

Other work-arounds you could try:
    1. Call Apple support and let them know you no longer use iPhone but your number is still tied to their iMessage service
    2. In iPhone contacts, there is a field for phone number and there is also a field for iPhone. Maybe your friends stored your phone number in iPhone field. Ask them to edit your contact information and add your phone number to normal "phone" field, instead of "iPhone" field
    02-26-13 09:54 AM
    Oh, and next time, use a more appropriate thread title.
    Next time, be more welcoming.
    ibpluto likes this.
    02-26-13 01:30 PM