Hi,

I recently upgraded to the Z10 and have been slowly getting it setup. I've found what appears to be a bug in the contacts settings. I went into the settings and set it to sort by last name and nothing has changed. I went back into the settings and "last name" is definitely selected in the sort by pull-down menu. I double checked and the contacts' names are in the right field. First Name is properly in the First Name box and Last Name is properly in the Last Name box.

Is anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    G
    05-31-13 03:06 PM
    I'm not sure what OS version you are using, but mine sorts them properly. I noticed a few of them did not, but it was because the last name was entered after the first name, not in the "last name" field in the contact.

Note also that you may want to wait a day before you fuss with the contacts. For some reason the Z10 sorts out the contacts slowly upon first set up. Not sure why or how, but after awhile they seem to "fix" themselves.
    05-31-13 04:41 PM
    It's a bug. I believe it's corrected in the upcoming 10.1 and appears so from the postor above.
    05-31-13 04:51 PM
    It does sort them by last name, but it still lists them as first name last name. They're in order alphabetically.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:18 PM
    It does sort them by last name, but it still lists them as first name last name. They're in order alphabetically.

Posted via CB10
    Not on mine! Sorry.

Brett Rose is listed under B right at the top of the contacts list. Not Under 'R' where he should be. They are all that way. I'm perfectly happy with the entry for Brett being listed as Brett Rose (as opposed to Rose, Brett), but I want him listed under R, not under B.

Just to reiterate I definitely have the first name in the First Name Field, and the last name in the Last Name Field. I have double checked that several times.

I'm on OS 10.1.0.273.
    05-31-13 05:52 PM
    Mine works fine. Try reloading the OS again

Craig Ashcroft, BlackBerry Elites UK, Z10
    crazigee likes this.
    05-31-13 05:55 PM
    Reloading was a pain but it solved the problem.

Thanks!

Mine works fine. Try reloading the OS again

Craig Ashcroft, BlackBerry Elites UK, Z10
    06-01-13 09:23 AM