This is baffling as the contact info seems intact, but the names associated are shuffled so my CEO is now showing Aunt Bernice etc.
    I need help as never know who is texting me and tired of this really crappy game of whose who.

Any help appreciated. I have had BB's since way back and never had an issue.
    02-25-14 01:57 PM
    Same here since I installed 10.2.1.2102 on my Z10 STL 100-2, hadn't had any issues with previous leaks. Would really really love to hear the solution for this
    02-25-14 02:12 PM
    I hope you have a backup you can restore. There have been a number of reports of messed up Contacts. Check to see if there are some LINKS between the contacts, even if there should not be any. Open each and look at the bottom for the "chain link" symbol.

Good luck
    02-25-14 02:45 PM
    Thanks, unlinking contact did the trick. I did restore from backup but it was the same mess. After typing the contacts I needed (which wasn't shown in contact list) search gave me completely different contact which had 94 links. (how the links were created I don't know because links were between the people from different countries, different proffesions, different schools and have no possible way to interact with each other). After unlinking them, now the contacts list is OK (I recognise important numbers so I am fairly sure that it is OK) but now looks disorganised and leaves me feeling little bit worried when I will have to call some contact which I use rarely. Anyway, thanks for your help!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-14 03:54 PM
    I, too, don't fully understand how the LINKing occurs. I don't have facebook or instagram or ..... I did not purposely LINK anyone. But my Sister was missing even though I had entered her name and other info. She just did not show up when I searched or manually went through the Contacts. But then I looked at my ICE (In Case of Emergency) entry where her info was also listed. I found a LINK. I ended it and suddenly her name and info showed up separately. I think went through with some other problematic entries and found links.

I may ask a question about LINK in a separate thread because I'm confused by it.
    02-25-14 06:08 PM
    Ok that looks like a good solution, but wondering if there is an unlink all option as I have almost 3,000 contacts and have never linked any nor am i planning on doing so in the near future.
    02-26-14 08:08 AM
    Sorry guys just found one that was not linked so that is not the cause of all my contact problems I am going to reset by syncing with my outlook that is intact and hope I dont foul that list up as well lol.
    02-26-14 08:13 AM