Trying to edit a phone # with an extension, using a Pause after the main number. The "Pause" button doesn't seem to work. Inserting a Pause halts the dialing sequence (permanent pause), rather than just waiting for three seconds.
    Any suggestions?

My old contacts that were imported use a comma as a pause signal, and those work fine. Unfortunately, there is no comma button on the keyboard when I'm editing new numbers.

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-13 01:03 PM
    Trying to enter a primary phone # followed by an extension.
    08-15-13 01:19 PM
    Trying to edit a phone # with an extension, using a Pause after the main number. The "Pause" button doesn't seem to work. Inserting a Pause halts the dialing sequence (permanent pause), rather than just waiting for three seconds.
    Any suggestions?

My old contacts that were imported use a comma as a pause signal, and those work fine. Unfortunately, there is no comma button on the keyboard when I'm editing new numbers.

Thanks in advance!

I don't get your question...
    Are you trying to insert an extension for the phone to dial after the main number has been dialed?

EDIT: Sorry, I re read your question, and you did mention an extension. My bad. Anyway, I also have phone numbers with extensions and they work fine. Follow this format:

(999)999-9999 x 9999

All under the phone number field.

Hope this helps.
    08-15-13 01:21 PM
    no joy. I even copy-pasted a comma in, between the phone number and extension -- that didn't work, even though commas work elsewhere in the same number (this number has four separate phone-tree prompts).
    Just FYI - when I do use the "Pause" key, it properly inserts a "p" into the number string; but when I try to call that number, the phone doesn't proceed after the pause. The primary number connects to the switchboard just fine. At that point, I have to hit "dial" again to make the phone continue with the next entry. After that, the other programmed pauses work just fine.
    08-15-13 01:36 PM
    Sorry I can't help then. I don't call any number with more than two entries (number and one extension).

As it is Zed, so let it be written, so let it be done.
    08-15-13 04:56 PM