This has been driving me crazy since I got my Z10, when I link my local contacts with there respective BBM, Facebook, and or twitter contacts the display name changes to whatever that persons BBM or Facebook name is. If you try to edit the first and last name it just changes back to the persons FB or BBM profile name. On top of that if you search for that contact by the local name or nickname it doesn't come up in the contact search! Very annoying anybody have a fix for this?

Example: if I link
    Local Name: John Dough
    Facebook Name: Johnny Doeboy
    BBM Name: Doeboy77

In contacts the persons name will be displayed as "Johnny Doeboy" And if I search my contacts for John Dough it won't exist...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:13 PM
    Not sure if you've done it this way but this is how I have managed to get it to work properly.

When linking, you need to open the Local Contact first and start from there to add links to BBM, Facebook and Twitter. In other words, which ever contact (local, BBM etc) you use to start linking with will show that contact name from that account.

-if you start with Local Contact and link all from there it will show as John Dough
    -if you start with BBM and link all from there it will show as Doeboy77
    -if you start with Facebook and link all from there it will show as Johnny Doeboy

Hope this helps solve your problem.
    duckduke and 00stryder like this.
    04-06-13 03:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply I tried that originally because that how it worked on the Playbook but on the Z10 after a while it converts back to using the persons FB or BBM contact name as the display name in the address book. This is very frustrating because when people update their BBM or FB to some new strange name I can no longer search for them under the local name I originally saved them as...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:34 AM
    any other suggestion? Come' on you guys know everything!
    04-09-13 09:18 AM
    I'm hoping to find a solution for this as well

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:41 PM
    I see plenty of people have been working hard to get their contacts in place.

I messed up at least 25 contacts in one shot by downloading the contacts X app... We seriously need a good video or a ppt to get things right for our folks here.

So now I am going to be wiping my phone and the start reloading everything from scratch. Good thing I have my contacts saved somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:58 PM
    any other suggestion? Come' on you guys know everything!
    What tjseaman said above is correct.

What matters is what you start with........... and you need to start over (maybe or maybe not).

You need to start with your contacts the way you want them on your device (no BBM, no Facebook, no LinkedIn, no Twitter) .........just contacts. That is what he is saying above.

Once you get your contacts straight........then add your BBM, Facebook, etc. (to do this....... you will need to turn off all accounts/syncing with contacts except for an email contacts account sync if that's where you have your contacts coming from.

The issue you are having is related to the"Links" and the order in which they occurred.
    ---Open a contact you are having a problem with
    ---Now click the "Links" at the bottom of the contact screen
    There you will see your problem. Your contact is linked to BBM, Facebook ..... etc. ... etc. You will never be able to edit the contact back the way you want it until you get rid of those other BBM & Social Media links. The process tjseaman is explaining above does just that.

What 'tjseaman' is saying above is the same thing
    ---------Start with contact accounts only in contacts and get it the way you want it. (no BBM, no Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
    ---------Then start turning on and merging the other social accounts (BBM, FB, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.).

If it's just 4-5 contacts that you have issue with then this might work (as opposed to starting over)
    --------While viewing the contact's "Links" ....... click on and "Unlink" all of the BBM & social media links
    -------Now you will have a duplicate contact. 1 with the contact email account and 1 with all of the BBM & Social Media links
    -------Now try getting the contact name the way you want it. After you get the contact listed the way you want it..........save
    -------Now open the contact you just saved again ........Click "Links" again .... then "Add Link" at the bottom of the page
    -------Scroll through your contacts to find the duplicate with all the Social Media Links......... select it ....... click save
    -------Now the 2 duplicates you created will be merged again into 1 contact and should have name listed the way you want it.

Hope this works and hope it helps!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 04-19-13 at 05:32 PM.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-19-13 05:20 PM
    This has been driving me crazy since I got my Z10, when I link my local contacts with there respective BBM, Facebook, and or twitter contacts the display name changes to whatever that persons BBM or Facebook name is. If you try to edit the first and last name it just changes back to the persons FB or BBM profile name. On top of that if you search for that contact by the local name or nickname it doesn't come up in the contact search! Very annoying anybody have a fix for this?

Example: if I link
    Local Name: John Dough
    Facebook Name: Johnny Doeboy
    BBM Name: Doeboy77

In contacts the persons name will be displayed as "Johnny Doeboy" And if I search my contacts for John Dough it won't exist...

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure this is only 99cents soo it's next to nothing

Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com

Looks unreal i'll get it once i give my z10 back to my brother and get the q10
    04-19-13 05:32 PM
    Was looking at the help for contacts in my Z10 and searched for 'merge' and this is what it found :

Z10 Contacts HELP!!!!-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:54 PM