Hi All,
    I imported my contacts to my Z10 from my old 9930 and that process worked well. What I did miss was in the email program the 9930 had hundreds of email addresses saved so when I would compose an email the person's email address would pop up regardless of if the person was in my contacts or not. I thought that syncing my local Outlook contacts to the Z10 would correct that problem but I was mistaken. Now in my contact list on the Z10 I have thousands of email and phone contacts that i do not want. I did a backup of the Z10 before syncing with Outlook just in case I did not like the results. When I did a restore from the backup the contact list did not change. Does anyone know of a way to revert to the old contact list?

Thanks for the help.
    04-04-13 11:58 AM
    I'm not sure if you are going to be able to easily fix this. Anyone have any ideas?
    04-10-13 09:13 AM
    It sound like you were thinking that the cached users were saved? They are not sorry.
    Unless you had saved the user there is no way to synchronise their information.
    The Z10 will build up a new cache with use though I know its of no help to you now.
    04-10-13 09:23 AM
    Best way to fix it is to delete all the contacts from your Z10 then re add them from your 9930. I am not sure if there is an easy way to do that, best bet and fastest might be to wipe the phone and start over again. As the user above me stated the contacts who you had only talked to that pop up are not really "saved" an where that you have access to retrieve them from. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:35 AM
    I learned last night that the way the Z10 handles contacts is causing a few issues. I spoke to Verizon and blackberry is aware of the issues and they are working on a fix.
    04-10-13 10:04 AM
    Just to let everyone know the only way to fix my issue was to do a factory reset and restore my contacts from the 9930. I will be grateful when BB issues a contact manager. Thanks to all.
    04-22-13 11:16 AM
    The key is understanding how the contact app in BB10 works and there is little out on it.

--When you "import" from another source ....... your contacts will have "Links" for "Local" and "SIM" (according to another poster here).
    --When you sync with Outlook your contacts will all have 1 "Link" = Outlook
    (if you don't know what I'm talking about.... open any contact and look near the bottom of the screen and click on "Links")

Now if you backup via BB Link and restore:
    --All contacts will show 1 "Link" = "Local" (from what I am told by others)
    --If you now sync with"Outlook" you will have a pile of duplicates. You will have 1 set of contacts with Links = "Local" from your restore and another set of contacts with Links = "Outook".

IMPORTANT: If you sync contacts with an email account....... you should turn off or even delete the email contacts account before you sync with BB Link. If you do not.... BB Link will restore all your data including contacts and your previously sync'd contacts will be restored on your device set to Link="Local". This I'm sure is where many are getting duplicate issues on their device. This issue of "Links" and how they work is little known or discussed here. Unless you spend a few minutes investigating the "Links" and how they work you are likely to screw up your contacts.

I think the contact app can work OK and is very useful the way it is. But particularly if you sync contacts ..... you better understand the "Links"on your contacts if you are going to use BB Link.

Another issue to be aware of.... New Contacts. If you sync email contacts..... everytime you add a New Contact you end up with 3 Links:
    1- Local
    2- SIM
    3- email contact list
    If you sync to 2 different email contact lists you would wind up with 4 "Links" (one for each email account).
    This can be easily dealt with but it is an un-needed process and pain.

There is definately a need for a default contact account to resolve this (there is currently no default contact account.).
    and
    There is definately a need for the ability to manage "Links" (delete, add, etc.) for contact accounts.
    Last edited by duckduke; 04-22-13 at 03:34 PM.
    04-22-13 11:43 AM