Given that the Z10 has NFC, does anyone with a Rogers account know if the CIBC mobile payments app works (or will work soon) on the phone? Would be very cool to start using my phone to pay for transactions...

https://www.cibc.com/ca/features/mob...obilePayment-E
    02-07-13 05:55 PM
    Don't know for CIBC...I did call RBC yesterday and he said they are all in a race to get it up and running. Sorry no info direction for your CIBC question but I'm sure when one figures it out they all will. He essentially told me that they are trying to figure out the proximity issue so that you don't just walk past POS terminals and keep getting charged. hopefully it's soon though...can't wait!
    02-07-13 06:27 PM
    I don't think the CIBC app is for BlackBerry 10. So it won't work. I believe they have a BB10 app coming.
    02-07-13 06:32 PM
    Don't know for CIBC...I did call RBC yesterday and he said they are all in a race to get it up and running. Sorry no info direction for your CIBC question but I'm sure when one figures it out they all will. He essentially told me that they are trying to figure out the proximity issue so that you don't just walk past POS terminals and keep getting charged. hopefully it's soon though...can't wait!
    Hmm, makes we wonder about the RBC developers... I know that the Z10 NFC is very good, but the technology is very low power and should only work within a few centimetres of a NFC enabled terminal. Someone walking by a few metres away should never be able establish a connection, even assuming that they had somehow left their payment app open and active on their phone and no transaction confirmation was required.

That being said, the technology is still bleeding edge commerce... However 5 years from now, I'm sure we will be all laughing at the 'old farts' who still want to use a credit or debit card!
    02-07-13 06:45 PM
    Given that the Z10 has NFC, does anyone with a Rogers account know if the CIBC mobile payments app works (or will work soon) on the phone? Would be very cool to start using my phone to pay for transactions...

I read somewhere that the CIBC nfc app was definitely coming to the Z10.. can't find the link now.. but you will also need an NFC/LTE micro sim, which to my knowledge Rogers does not yet have.

Doesn't matter to me at this point.. I was very excited to get this technology, got the nfc standard size sim for my 9900.. only to find out that even though I am a Rogers, and CIBC customer, I'm not eligible for the service because my specific visa card isn't on the supported list.. its not a physical issue, they just refuse to support it, because they'd like to encourage me to switch to a card that has a higher annual fee and lower rewards..
    02-07-13 07:14 PM
    Hmm, makes we wonder about the RBC developers... I know that the Z10 NFC is very good, but the technology is very low power and should only work within a few centimetres of a NFC enabled terminal. Someone walking by a few metres away should never be able establish a connection, even assuming that they had somehow left their payment app open and active on their phone and no transaction confirmation was required.

That being said, the technology is still bleeding edge commerce... However 5 years from now, I'm sure we will be all laughing at the 'old farts' who still want to use a credit or debit card!
    Yup I agree with you entirely. Apparently the chip in the new "tap" debit cards is actually an nfc chip. So the cell phone towers have now been secured by Enstream, BB is securing the new sim cards and nfc...so although I understood his explanation I think they should be a lot closer to a solution than he lead me to believe. As you said , you have to be a few centimeters from the terminal.
    02-07-13 07:40 PM
    I read somewhere that the CIBC nfc app was definitely coming to the Z10.. can't find the link now.. but you will also need an NFC/LTE micro sim, which to my knowledge Rogers does not yet have.

Doesn't matter to me at this point.. I was very excited to get this technology, got the nfc standard size sim for my 9900.. only to find out that even though I am a Rogers, and CIBC customer, I'm not eligible for the service because my specific visa card isn't on the supported list.. its not a physical issue, they just refuse to support it, because they'd like to encourage me to switch to a card that has a higher annual fee and lower rewards..
    Rogers does have a NFC enabled SIM card (Suretap SIM card) and does work with CIBC... but for Z10...? dunno...
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...setLanguage=en
    02-15-13 04:04 PM
    requirements: sim with nfc, cibc credit card, and 9900 with nfc enabled
    b320 likes this.
    02-15-13 08:12 PM
    I encourage everyone to write directly to CIBC Senior Executive Management and demand that they add support for ALL BlackBerry devices, specifically the Passport, Classic and Z30, which most of us have upgraded to.

I posted their contact information in the Reviews section of BlackBerry World for their Mobile Banking and Payment Apps, and it seems that they were deleted? If you want CIBC to support your new BlackBerry device, then write to them and tell them! If they don't know what the customers want, then we need to let them know. If enough of us complain and ask for it, then the sooner they will provide it.

The FIRST mobile payment in Canada was done using a BlackBerry and CIBC Mobile Payment App at a Tim Horton's.
    Very Canadian indeed! So why would CIBC stop supporting the MOST secure mobile devices on the market?

Pass this along to all your friends and family and ask them to write to CIBC as well. Thanks everyone!

Here is the contact information for the individuals responsible for Mobile Payment Innovation and Integration:

[email protected]
    Senior Vice President - Payments Innovation & Integration

[email protected]
    Vice President - Payments Innovation & Integration

[email protected]
    Smart Phone support team
    11-11-14 02:59 PM