Grabbed one today. Battery only light flashed red then yellow then flash green. I assume this is what should happen. Most of the time when I add the phone to the chain I get a red exclamation mark. I've seen this mentioned before but I haven't seen anything as to whether it's a bug or defective unit. All comments appreciated.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    07-20-13 01:15 PM
    Use the charger that came with your Z10.
    07-20-13 02:36 PM
    That's what I'm using. Thanks for the comeback.

07-20-13 03:08 PM
    Was using one since 4 months , all of sudden today light doesn't glow on bundle battery does get charged, what to do???????

Someone help please

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 03:18 PM
    Only issue I see is when I add the phone to the charger. Then it seems to go sideways. As just a battery charger it's still worth the 50 bucks to me. If I can get it working in the chain, all the better.

07-20-13 04:21 PM
    I use my 9900 charger and I have only seen that once without the bundle (Zero with). Ever since its been ok on both my Z & Q10.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable or who has experienced this more than the once will visit your thread and help.

In the mean time I would try different power outlets and without an extention lead / cord if you use one like I do.

Posted via my CB Q10
    07-20-13 04:58 PM
    I only get the red exclamation mark when I plug the phone to the bundle while the charger was already plugged into it. Unplug the bundle from the charger, hook the phone to the bundle, then plug in the charger cable :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 06:32 PM
    I seem to be having an issue with the bundle, as I don't need the extra battery very much.. probably 3 times now since I got the Z10 in Feb.. i notice that when I do, the spare battery doesn't have a charge!

Not sure if the extra battery in the bundle uses some power up, or that the battery itself can't hold a charge, but has been frustrating when I needed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:17 PM
    I think my charger has stopped charging completely. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:36 PM
    I think my charger has stopped charging completely. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    It's warrantied if you mean the bundle.

07-24-13 10:20 PM
    You could try blowing the contact points of the wire to make sure that there isn't any dust that may be stopping the phone from charging.
    This happened to me before, with the red exclamation mark when I connected my phone to the bundle. After blowing it, it was fine

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:22 PM
    I'm kind of anal. Blow out the ports once a week etc. If I have that issues ongoing it'd no biggie. The charger itself with the extra battery is well worth the 50 bucks. I grabbed oneness more battery as well so a charger and two spare batteries servicing 3 Z's in the house.

07-24-13 11:43 PM
    The symbol appears to be a corded plug with a do not symbol over top. What does that even mean?? I saw it for the first while hooking up my Q10 to the already connected charger. The symbol doesn't appear in any of the manuals or tutorials. #!?;,, what does it mean

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:57 PM
    z10 charger bundle works well with BB international premium charger. I use this combo every day. A z10 charger is not good compared to this premium charger because the output of premium charger is better than default charger's. It'd take longer to charge your phone if you use a 'z10' charger.
    07-25-13 12:18 AM
    Only issue I see is when I add the phone to the charger. Then it seems to go sideways. As just a battery charger it's still worth the 50 bucks to me. If I can get it working in the chain, all the better.

I'm noticed this lately too.
    Crackberry help! Kevin? B1aze?
    Bought mine from the Crackberry Store back in April. I haven't needed to use my battery bundle on my Z10 for awhile. So when recent tried it once, I got the red error plug icon on my Z10 on top left corner where it should show charging. In tried it another time, and it works a bit and then the error red icon pops up. And it's when I plug the bundle into my Z10 to charge off the full battery in there that this happens. Also noticed it happens when I use it in a chain (original charger to bundle, and that connected to my Z10 (to charge both at once)), that I get the icon.
    So now I can only charge either the phone itself or the extra battery in the charger itself, one at a time, and then have to swap out batteries, which isn't good for the device.....

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:14 PM
    So, I bought the Z10 Battery Charger Bundle from Best Buy the other day because it was on for $24.99. However, when it shows that it's fully charged (green light), it will only bring my Z10 to about 40% battery life max. I used Battery Guru to check the health of the battery, and it says 100%. I switched the battery that came with my phone (89% health) with the 100% health battery so I now have the new battery in my phone, and the original battery in the charger bundle. Still, it will only charge my phone to about 30-40%, and this is when the phone battery is down to about 7% charge. I thought it would bring it to at least 80% or more. For $25, it's not too bad, but not nearly as good as I expected.

Any suggestions/thoughts/help?
    12-04-13 01:29 AM
    I bought one too the other day at Future Shop for 25$ too. What a great promotion

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:02 AM
    So, I bought the Z10 Battery Charger Bundle from Best Buy the other day because it was on for $24.99. However, when it shows that it's fully charged (green light), it will only bring my Z10 to about 40% battery life max. I used Battery Guru to check the health of the battery, and it says 100%. I switched the battery that came with my phone (89% health) with the 100% health battery so I now have the new battery in my phone, and the original battery in the charger bundle. Still, it will only charge my phone to about 30-40%, and this is when the phone battery is down to about 7% charge. I thought it would bring it to at least 80% or more. For $25, it's not too bad, but not nearly as good as I expected.

Any suggestions/thoughts/help?
    We really need a FAQ for this. The external battery is boosted to 5v to reach the USB charging voltage. That requires a DC/DC boost converter. The internal battery is charged with a step down DC/DC converter. Each converter has loss. Then there is the charge efficiency of the battery itself. Some of the power put into the battery is lost in heat.

Cascading all these losses, if you are getting 60%, you are doing good.

If you want 100%, swap the battery.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-04-13 05:25 AM
    I seem to be having an issue with the bundle, as I don't need the extra battery very much.. probably 3 times now since I got the Z10 in Feb.. i notice that when I do, the spare battery doesn't have a charge!

Not sure if the extra battery in the bundle uses some power up, or that the battery itself can't hold a charge, but has been frustrating when I needed it.

Posted via CB10
    Charge the battery then take it out of the bundle. Lithium batteries will loose there charge over time, but it does seem to loose charge faster when the battery is left in the bundle. I take mine out and it holds a full charge for weeks.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-04-13 08:23 AM
    Thank you very much for the response.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:48 PM