Anybody knows why is it only 750mAh? The battery is 1800, a great difference from the past Blackberries, so it naturally takes longer to charge. Even the iPhone 5's is 1A with its puny little battery, and it also is smaller. My Nokia's is 1.4A
    So, why?
    I use the I phones charger and not the Nokia's because it's white, though. And I find 1A to be perfect for both, charging time and battery health over time.
    03-02-13 10:41 PM
    No idea why they do that for the standard charger, but you can buy a Premium Charger (same charger that comes with the PlayBook) if you want quicker charging - it's 1.8A.
    03-02-13 10:44 PM
    you've got them confused. the battery is a unit of mAh, while the charger is in mA.

mAh (milliamp-hour) is a measure of how long the battery will last per charge.

mA (milliamp) is the current rating. this is the maximum output current of that particular charger.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-03-13 12:38 AM
    The PlayBook charger is crazy fast...I can plug it in for a quick bump mid-day and I'm back to 100% in 15-20 minutes. I picked up an extra on Amazon for like $10 a couple weeks ago.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Folding Blade Charger for Playbook (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    03-03-13 12:41 AM
    There is a premium charger, for the Z10, which should charge it faster.
    03-03-13 12:42 AM
    PB charger does the trick...
    03-03-13 01:26 AM
    you've got them confused. the battery is a unit of mAh, while the charger is in mA.

mAh (milliamp-hour) is a measure of how long the battery will last per charge.

mA (milliamp) is the current rating. this is the maximum output current of that particular charger.
    Yeah, I know that. I only got it wrong once as you can see. And for the life of me, I couldn't find an edit button in the CB10 app.

Thanks for your answers, guys. The only reason I don't use my PB's charger is because mY pet rabbit chewed it all up.

But my question persists. Why would they ship a 750mA one?
    03-03-13 08:06 AM
    Its the same premium charger for the playbook, exact same one.
    03-03-13 08:29 AM
    Yeah i was wondering why it was only 750mah too when i got the z10 i was like wtf?

I use the playbooks chager, i wish i could make the playbooks dock work somehow as it is 2.1mah... LOL
    03-03-13 08:29 AM
    I almost never use the charger that came with my phone. I either use my PlayBook charger or my old 9700 charger. The main reason that I don't use the one supplied is simply because it's so short.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:33 AM
    Probably cost savings.

I use my 9900 charger on the battery bundle & PlayBook charger now & then on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 05:27 PM
    Slow and steady wins the race. Heat is the enemy of Lio batteries and if you use the PB charger you will notice the back of the phone will have a bit of warmth. I would recommend NOT using your PB charger with any great frequency unless your in a rush to get some juice in.

Just my 0.02$, but your're better off charging slowly while you sleep in the long run.
    03-03-13 05:34 PM
    Slow and steady wins the race. Heat is the enemy of Lio batteries and if you use the PB charger you will notice the back of the phone will have a bit of warmth. I would recommend NOT using your PB charger with any great frequency unless your in a rush to get some juice in.

Just my 0.02$, but your're better off charging slowly while you sleep in the long run.
    How long does it take to charge with the supplied charger vs. the Playbook charger?

03-03-13 05:40 PM
    How long does it take to charge with the supplied charger vs. the Playbook charger?

On my z10 I have an app called Battery Indicator when I am on the regular charger it charges at around 26.5% /hr and when I am using PB charger it goes to ~60% an hour. So I use the PB charger
    03-03-13 05:43 PM

Probably a factor of two, but I don't know for sure. The standard charger dumps at 750 Ma, the premium PB charger at 1500. What I don't know is what the z10 will accept. I suspect 1000 to 1250Ma because the PB charger causes some warmth, so some where the charger dump is getting throttled in the device.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-03-13 05:46 PM
    For what it's worth, I charge overnight using an older Motorola charger that dumps at only 550Ma and I channel it through the Z10 multi media dock (got it through a friend at bbry). Because I use my phone on BSM as an alarm clock I am in no rush to charge...... in the long run this will preserve the battery. my old 9810 never lost battery integrity using this method. I carry the stock charger and the premium charger with me on the road. I will only use the premium charger if I am desperate for a quick top up, other wise I use the stock charger.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-03-13 05:57 PM
    Yup. The PB charger seems like an overkill. I just use the iPhones and call it a day .1A. Perfect balance and it's white. I think you can order them online.. or you can just buy another battery when the time comes and your battery noticeably degrades.
    03-03-13 05:59 PM
    Take note, that quick charging a battery shortens its long term life span. The faster the charge rate the greater the internal heat factor.

The standard BB charger puts out about 750 ma. A battery of 1800 ma rated by standard should be able to deliver 1800 ma for a period of 1 hour and be not more than 10% below nominal voltage output at the point where it is considered weak or discharged.

In the past with any of the Blackberry phones I was able to get about 1.5 to 2 years from a battery. I am a very heavy user. I have to charge the battery often. After about 1.5 years I found these batteries to start losing their ability to keep the charge as long as it should Generally, I have been updating my phones every 2 years average.

A 750 ma charger should be able to deliver an output of 750 ma maximum without being over heated or over loaded. The actual effective charge rate from this type of small charger is about 375 ma/hr when charging a battery. This means a full charge from a dead 1800 ma/hr battery should take about 4 to 5 hours in practice. As the battery reaches full charge the charge control circuit in the phone in combination with the external charger circuits will put the battery in to float charge.

As for myself, I would not use a stronger charger on this phone. It will put more stress on the phone's internal battery management circuits and on the battery itself.

This Z10 under normal operation with general usage ideally should run about 12 to 15 hours. I would assume this phone to be pulling in the range of about 120 to 160 ma average. With very little activity, it can go longer. This is in the norms for this type of smart phone. Most of these phones are very heavy on battery usage.

If we look back at the older phones that at best had only a simple phone number list that could only hold about 30 to 50 numbers, had no messaging, and no internet access, these could run for a number of days between charging. They were larger and heavier to carry around and use.
    03-03-13 06:50 PM

I've not noticed any heat at all, though I've never left it on the premium charger for more than 15-25 minutes...I charge overnight with the standard charger that came with the phone, the premium charger is at the office for a quick mid-day bump (if needed).
    03-03-13 07:51 PM
    I was actually happy to see the charger was the same as my previous bb, so I had a spare I could keep with me.
    I use the pb charger also for a quick top up if I need it - like if i'm heading out for the evening and I'm down to 40%, i'll throw it on the pb charger for 30 mins. But I agree that using the pb charger as a regular thing would probably shorten the battery life.
    03-03-13 08:00 PM
    Is the premium charger people are talking about for the Z10 the one which comes standard with the Playbook?

Can i just use my playbook charger to charge my Z10? If so that's ace! I had noticed that the standard charger seems to take quite a while to charge the Z10, not ages, but still not exactly fast.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:12 PM
    Yes, It is.
    But just renamed so it dosent confuse people, or something.
    03-05-13 03:47 AM
    And here I was wondering why it's taking forever to charge the damn battery.

Basically it's a lose-lose situation. Use the PlayBook charger and it will shorten the life of the battery, and if you use the Z10 charger it will take hours to charge, any other solutions?
    03-05-13 03:58 AM
    The new Premium charger is similar to the PlayBook one but optimised for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:00 AM