I bought a black Z10 back in January when they first came out in the UK but returned it due to the software issues and general bugs. Now 10.2 is out I thought I would give it another go and was shocked when I seen Car Phone Warehouse were selling and in stock the white model for 179.99 pounds so got one straight away.

Well what can I say it came out of the box with 10.2 and the overall build quality is so much better now than the first batch back in January the screen is so much better colour wise and detail and also the screen repels finger prints so much better than before. As for the software it is so much better and quick to use and I have also side loaded loads of apps what run so much better with the Jelly Bean update runtime.

Battery life is also great although it's still early as only picked up phone today and it doesn't overheat like before.

It's like a whole new phone and I'm so happy I have given it another try but still feel it will only appeal to phone geeks like me and not the general public who will always look to iOS or Android over Blackberry and I guess that's where they went wrong.

Anyone in UK get yourself a bargain and get a Z10 for 179.99 also on amazon but in black only for that price.

Anyone else had similar experience as me please reply would love to know your views?
    11-14-13 03:21 PM
    Build quality is different? They changed the screen? I didn't know they did this.

Agreed that the battery life on 10.2 is much better.
    11-14-13 03:25 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your new Z10.
    11-14-13 03:25 PM
    Yes had similar experience with a Nokia 920 early model and then later batch much better, it's a bit like early production with cars etc processes are changed on the manufacturing lines and techniques are used to improve products and I have definitely noticed a difference.
    11-14-13 03:33 PM
    Got mine in January too in the UK. Never had a problem. Extremely satisfied from day one and will not change it. Might consider a Z30 or whatever is around by BB in a Year or so. Can only think you must have had a dodgy phone or software. Would have probably been easily remedied. Enjoy your new Z10.
    11-14-13 03:37 PM
    Yeah I paid around 500 for this in January, cant get over the price of it now

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BenH9360; 11-18-13 at 05:14 AM.
    11-14-13 03:38 PM
    Can't say I experienced any of the issues of the op and I got mine on UK release day. Yours must have been a dodgy unit. Two of my friends have just taken the carphone warehouse deal. It is a bargain.

I was contemplating getting one if the price drops a touch more purely as a spare. Still got twelve months on my contract and no insurance so if I smash mine I'm good to go again. No doubt if I don't I'll break mine when you can't get hold of them for love or money.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:52 PM
    Yeah I paid around �500 for this in January, cant get over the price of it now

Posted via CB10
    I'm not surprised, I'd be pissed if I paid 2013266083.500

Posted via Vader10
    11-15-13 06:34 AM
    I welcome the price drop even though I paid slightly over 200 a few months back. What is confusing to me and probably other consumers is the totally mixed up pricing and model hierarchy. The least capable BB10 phone in the range - the Q5 - is 100 pounds more expensive than the Z10, the flagship - the Z30 - is cheaper by around 80 pounds than the Q10 which has been out for more than 9 months???????

PS it's not uncommon for top of the range phones between 9 and 12 months old to drop significantly in value. For example, you can get a Nokia Lumia 920 for 220 pounds now.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:08 AM
    I bought one from there a few months ago for �229 and was really happy at that price, I have a bit of a love hate relationship with mine but in all its a good phone ,It is tough anyway as I have thrown it out the window and dropped it down the stairs and it still works ok.

I never knew they made any manufacturing changes though, quite surprised to be honest BB never change anything until is is way past overdue.
    11-15-13 07:28 AM
    I'm not surprised, I'd be pissed if I paid 2013266083.500

Posted via Vader10
    Hahaha! Me too! XD

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-15-13 08:27 AM
    It is a bit annoying but ultimately BlackBerry have millions of unsold units. I mentioned in another post that they should have priced it cheaper from the off and maybe it wouldn't have ended up this way.
    Selling all the units at a fairer price would have been much better than little at top wack and giving the rest away. I suppose if it gets the BB10 experience in people's hands it's all good.
    I won't be getting anything off BlackBerry on release again. If I do Ho down the Z30 route at some point it will be when the pricing calms down.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 09:29 AM
    My phone has a manufacture date of Oct 2013 and came out of the box with 10.2 so must have either updated and re boxed old stock for new price change.
    11-24-13 04:00 PM
    I paid just a hair more for mine but didn't have any prior experience or knowledge of just how wonderful BB10 is so my experience is a bit different. Being in the USA, I had to install a leak to get 10.2 and unfortunately did that just before this 10.2.1 leak dropped. Looking forward to trying that one but haven't had time to install it. I'm a busy guy.

But I have to say that I have been nothing but pleasantly surprised by this thing. For some reason I thought it was just like BlackBerry's version of Android, basically. I had no idea just how much -- hate to say it, but -- better it is than Android. If I were a company dependent on making Android devices, I'd be pretty nervous.

Anyway, back on track: yes, the build quality is gorgeous and rugged, and the OS is also a thing of beauty. Enjoy your Z10, OP, and welcome back to the club!
    11-24-13 05:01 PM