I was running one of the 10.2.0.15xx releases and tried to back up, it wouldn't..
    I then used an autoloader to update to 10.2.1.467...no problem. I was able to back that up on one of my pcs...

I tried today to back up again, 4 different pcs (windows 8, windows 7 and xp), 3 different cables, removed link, rebooted, installed..nothing
    Mass storage turned on, it shows up, otherwise it is invisible while connected thru usb

What to try next?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 02:35 PM
    I ran through this problem just yesterday. I UNinstalled and REinstalled Link 4 times on my Vista 64 Home premium. Never could "connect with my DISCONNECTED" Z10. Tried 3 different cables and 3 different usb ports.

Took on hour or more to install Link my a Netbook with Win7Home. There it worked!

Exasperating.

Someone suggested Sachesi for backup. That did work on the Vista after restarting the z10. Search for it in the threads here.
    10-12-13 02:59 PM
    Couldn't get sachesi to find it...but autoloader does.

Obviously there is a driver problem but I'm not sure which.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:50 PM
    Try put off your battery and then connect to your pc

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:55 PM
    Try Going to 'storage and access' and toggle USB from autodetect to windows. It could definitely be a windows issue, my Gigabyte pc wont connect to the phone on any of the 6 internal ports on the rear, I have to use the front panel adapter ports which ironically are connected to the MB anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-13 03:59 PM
    Tried all those suggestions, even a fresh link install on a windows 7 pc

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 06:04 PM
    Try Going to 'storage and access' and toggle USB from autodetect to windows. It could definitely be a windows issue, my Gigabyte pc wont connect to the phone on any of the 6 internal ports on the rear, I have to use the front panel adapter ports which ironically are connected to the MB anyway.
    Project-x. I don't know if changing to "windows" from "autodetect" was what just worked or if this will only work till tomorrow until the star constellations change and the Age of Aquarius does something to Venus! But Link just found my z10 for the first time in weeks and after yesterday's umpteen UN-REinstalls of Link and rebooting and cables and different usb ports! So, I'm grabbing this opportunity and backing up. I will also hope it sticks long enough to sync with Outlook!
    10-12-13 07:14 PM
    I've tried the auto detect / windows toggle. No luck for me.

Weird that the autoloader can find it, but nothing else can...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:12 PM
    Well, throughout yesterday, I would get the usb-bong but never a connection. Although, what may be odd, is that ONLY ONE drive showed up - I think it was the sd-card. If it had not worked today, I was going to track down the usb drivers separately from the Link software. I may still do it.

I don't know if this is related, but using the z10's FileManager, I can "switch" the Owner-pc but all I see is a WHITE SCREEN. Never any files or folders. That has not changed even after Link worked.
    10-12-13 09:26 PM
    Problem solved for me...

Today, I side loaded all the bars from the OS..voila backup worked

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:13 PM