Since I installed Google Play Store using the Cobalt tools, I have not been able to connect my phone to my computer using Blackberry Link. Can't do it over WiFi or a USB cable. This was working fine before I installed Play Store and got it working.

Z10

OS 10.3.2.556 (which is the latest software AT&T has released, I know the BB releases go a lot higher)

I've gone through every setting I can find that I think is relevant. Media Sharing, WiFi, permissions, etc. My wife's Q10 connects fine even after I installed Play Store on her phone.

I'd like to be able to patch apps to make them work on this phone, but unless I can get Link working, I can't get them on and off the phone, nor can I synch photos, videos, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    03-10-17 11:14 PM
    This is probably not related to Cobalt's software. Link hasn't been updated for a long time and it is no longer working for many people as their computers get updated and Link doesn't.

There are a couple of threads on this going back at least six months now. I suggest you start looking for alternatives to Link.
    03-11-17 12:30 AM
    Okay, but it worked an hour before I installed Play Store, but not after. Link still works on my wife's Q-10.

What are the alternatives to BB Link? I can plug in a USB cable, but the phone does not show up in Windows Explorer.
    03-11-17 10:58 AM
    This issue keeps coming up over and over now that Link is no longer being updated. Here's another recent thread with a possible solution, but the long term outlook is not good. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post12800123

As for alternatives, it all depends what you are using Link for. I used it mainly for syncing calendar, contacts, and iTunes, but using a cloud account like Gmail or Outlook.com will provide automatic two-way calendar and contact syncing. Pictures and documents can be backed up manually via USB.

When you connect a BB10 device to Windows, it doesn't mount with a pop-up window like a USB drive does. You need to open a new Windows File Explorer window and scroll down to Devices and Drives where you can see the drive letters like "Local Disk (C". On my PC it mapped to Drives letters Y and Z, one for the internal memory and one for the SD Card. Once you've found those, you create shortcuts on you Desktop to simplify it next time.
    03-11-17 12:50 PM