Won't a Rogers dealer/reseller know more about the terms and conditions than you or I do ?
    Wouldn't it be fair for us to assume that he/she is an adult person capable of making his/her own decisions ? ...Rather than you or me trying to decide how he/she should run his/her own business ?

And this is not just a rep that I am talking about, it is the store owner. I just got a call from him, offering an additional $100 credit too. And he does know that the phone is launching tomorrow.

And you are requesting the mods to remove the post ???
    I seen what the email said as my family member that works for Rogers showed me it. It said they are NOT allowed to sell it before the 5th. The reps & store Managers can do what they want but can lose their job for it. I am sure you know this right? Read the forums a bit more & you will see even Rogers reps said the same.. Actually i am not. Like i said, read more before you assume & trying to get others fired because you want the phone before the launch.

Yea i messaged them to remove it as its useless & not really worth keeping it here. Sorry but having people post like this is really dumb & not even what others want to hear!. If you want to get them fired, so be it. Remember, Rogers reps & management do read the forums you know. So they can email the stores in the locations you listed & tell them again. Nice going as well Even if the launch is tomorrow, the stores are not allowed to sell them before that. Its been explained many times.
    02-04-13 10:36 AM
    Sorry but having people post like this is really dumb & not even what others want to hear!. If you want to get them fired, so be it.
    Not to be an a$$hole but who are you to determine what others do or don't want to hear? Let the mods do their job and moderate this board. If someone gets fired for selling a device early, why are you so bothered by it?
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    02-04-13 10:45 AM
    Not to be an a$$hole but who are you to determine what others do or don't want to hear? Let the mods do their job and moderate this board. If someone gets fired for selling a device early, why are you so bothered by it?
    Not being a ******* at all!. I am no body BUT if he is going to come on here & claim things he does not even know, then he should be here at all. It does bother me as people like him get others fired. He claims that store said they can release it today BUT i called every single Rogers plus & Rogers authorized dealer & they all said tomorrow. I told them someone on here claims they told them they would release it today & they all laughed & said NO. So why make false statements? The mods do a great job on moderate the boards but sadly sometimes never remove posts like his. To each of their own opinion right?
    02-04-13 10:48 AM
    For sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like what that person said that's completely fine, but nobody likes a tattletale. All we know is that a rogers store owner contacted this person and said they could get the phone today, and this person passed that information along here. It's premature to assume they're lying and this isn't actually the case...
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    02-04-13 10:52 AM
    For sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like what that person said that's completely fine, but nobody likes a tattletale. All we know is that a rogers store owner contacted this person and said they could get the phone today, and this person passed that information along here. It's premature to assume they're lying and this isn't actually the case...
    Yes but seeing as Rogers management watch Crackberry, MobileSyrup & other high end site, they report back & send emails out. So if this person is correct in what they say, within a hour or so, the store will get a email. That is what i am saying. So the store can be fined if Rogers head offices sees the phones being sold. Each transaction goes threw head office. They see it, the reps are done.
    02-04-13 10:55 AM
    Think I'm just going to wait it out for a week or so until I get the Canadian perspective and I’d like to see what others think of how the work flow is on the Z10.

Also there’s a great quote that applies to new tech also “Never fly the 'A' model of anything.” - Ed Thompson
    02-04-13 11:26 AM
    I seen what the email said as my family member that works for Rogers showed me it. It said they are NOT allowed to sell it before the 5th. The reps & store Managers can do what they want but can lose their job for it. I am sure you know this right? Read the forums a bit more & you will see even Rogers reps said the same.. Actually i am not. Like i said, read more before you assume & trying to get others fired because you want the phone before the launch.

Yea i messaged them to remove it as its useless & not really worth keeping it here. Sorry but having people post like this is really dumb & not even what others want to hear!. If you want to get them fired, so be it. Remember, Rogers reps & management do read the forums you know. So they can email the stores in the locations you listed & tell them again. Nice going as well Even if the launch is tomorrow, the stores are not allowed to sell them before that. Its been explained many times.
    Yes, I have read the forum, and I am aware of what others have mentioned.
    At the same time, I am aware of the phone conversation that I just had with the store.
    I am not trying to get anyone fired. I didn't "seduce" him/her into selling it to me. I just called and asked when I can get it, and he/she said today.
    I just passed the information along on this forum, as I know there are a lot of people here that are looking for that kind of information.

As far as the responsibilities of the store owner are concerned, as mentioned previously, who are we to make decisions for him/her ? Are we not supposed to assume that he/she is much better informed about the terms of Rogers, and is in a much better position to make decisions in the best interests of his/her store ?

I am not sure if you are aware of how a business works. Most times, you weigh in the risks and the possibilities, figure out the repercussions, and make the decisions that are in the best interests of your business. Are you and I going to do that for all Rogers dealers, and take their right away to make decisions for themselves ?

I was just trying to pass on the information here. That is the inherent purpose of a forum- to get actual information that is not publicly available on official websites.
    If we were to just rely on official websites, and statements by company representatives, let's just delete the threads that deal with pricing, battery life, specs, availability of phones in Canada, US, and all other countries.....Because to get any of that information, you can just go to the official websites, or call the "reps" and get the information.
    The reason people come to a forum, is to get something beyond that.....

You also assumed that I was "spreading" such BS. Didn't I mention in my first post, that if anyone is interested, I can pass along the details ? Was it that statement that led you to believe I was just saying without a valid basis to back up my claim ?
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    02-04-13 11:27 AM
    Think I'm just going to wait it out for a week or so until I get the Canadian perspective and I’d like to see what others think of how the work flow is on the Z10.

Also there’s a great quote that applies to new tech also “Never fly the 'A' model of anything.” - Ed Thompson
    That is true!. Some will do this so they can see if its great or not.
    djdragon likes this.
    02-04-13 11:27 AM
    They're in store at Costco and available for sale tomorrow. Played with one today in Ottawa. They have both a black and white display unit. No mention of pricing. Didn't ask as I need to get off contract which they don't do.
    02-04-13 11:39 AM
    They're in store at Costco and available for sale tomorrow. Played with one today in Ottawa. They have both a black and white display unit. No mention of pricing. Didn't ask as I need to get off contract which they don't do.
    Every single store has them in stock. They just have to wait until tomorrow morning to release them. I have not played with one yet but from what i hear, its amazing!.
    02-04-13 11:44 AM
    No midnight openings?

Just called the Rogers Plus store that my reservation is with and they are not opening until 10......Just another day for them!
    02-04-13 11:55 AM
    No midnight openings?

Just called the Rogers Plus store that my reservation is with and they are not opening until 10......Just another day for them!
    Nope i called around 14 Rogers stores in toronto ( All Rogers Plus stores). All said 10am they will open. No midnight opening.
    02-04-13 12:00 PM
    I nearly pullled an all nighter on false information that Koodo Mobile was going to sell the Z-10's they've had since Friday. The clerk told me "Monday or Tuesday" , when I called first and said they had three Zed's for sale ... now they say tomorrow is the day they are allowed to sell and added that they now have two units (go figure eh!).

My plan is to be first in line to get both of them.

To pass my time I asked the Koodo staff lots of questions. Firstly I wanted to clear up the "BBM costs more as an addon" confusion. It turns out that if you get the $60/month talk & data plan , unlimited BBM is included. With the $60 you get one gig data and its the standard $10/gig for over-use. For me it works good because unlimited canada-wide calling with a gig+ data is what i was looking for in a plan , and what I would be trying for with another carrier. Now I don't have to worry for the time being about unlocking the phone with an expensive code ($30-35 it looks like) , because Koodo seems decent. If I don't end up liking Koodo , I'll do the unlock thing later down the road.

I'm still a bit nervous about buying the Z-10's with only the one year factory warranty , as there is no possibility of extended warranty with Koodo , but I'm not to worried about it.
    02-04-13 01:06 PM
    Did you log into My Rogers - Overview - Device Reservations & see what the status is? If you got no email yet about the shipping, then just go to the store. Even if the pre order changes to IN PROGRESS tonight, the device will ship tomorrow or Wednesday & be at the store Thursday the latest.

So be safe & get the phone tomorrow at the store.
    I think you are right. My number went down from 3200 to 15XX but no shipping confirm yet. Its frustraiting - I wish Rogers had a better ssystem. I doubt its going to ship tonight.
    02-04-13 01:39 PM
    I put a $100.00 Deposit down x 2 for two phones at a local retail outlet for Telus. Apex Communications. I am hoping that Tomorrow I can actually get a device. I am EXTREMELY nervous there are not going to be enough devices out there in the wild Tomorrow. Two weeks ago the store already had over 400 pre orders, he said most of those were BES orders and they did not put deposits down as they are long time customers, He promised me if I put money down I would get a phone before non deposited customers.

It took me two weeks once to get a phone after its release date once... And... Do I even need to mention the Nexus 4.....

Here is hoping... Positive thoughts.
    02-04-13 01:41 PM
    Just phoned the store and asked what the odds are of getting my phone tomorrow... He said... "Well if its like the iPhone 5 release we are probably not going to get them for at least a few more days" I hope this isn't the case. I told him I would phone him every day twice, once in morning and once in the afternoon to ask him if they have stock in. He seamed to imply that was needed as he would call me if I pre-ordered... I'm still going to call.
    02-04-13 01:45 PM
    This store has been good to me in the past so I'll show some patience. After all I'm a BlackBerry fan, I have more patience than any one else on the planet.
    02-04-13 01:46 PM
    I reserved on Friday morning with Status still Open. Number has went from 2410 to 2360 now to 2516 lol. I'll go sometime early afternoon to see if a Rogers store has one in stock.
    02-04-13 03:24 PM
68 123