I would assume you could:
    1. Create a outlook.com account.
    2. Connect or forward all incoming and outgoing mail to your new outlook.com email.
    3. Save a file of your calendar, notes and contacts.
    4. Transfer your calendar, notes and contacts to your new outlook.com email.
    5. Connect Outlook email with phone.
    6. Sync email, connects, calendar, notes, etc.

You could also use google instead of outlook.com.

This is not a tried fix. This is what I assume could be a work around. If someone try's this please info me on your results. I won't have my z10 till the 11th. Thank you.
    I'm sorry, but you may have not read the full post here, so you are missing the point.

We are aware of this already, but "NOT EVERYONE" wants to use cloud base apps or email services where you leave personal confidential information. At the same time, you are at the mercy of the service, just as if you were with BIS. If the system fails, lock you out, or loses that data...what are you to do then?? Contact lists gone, no back up, etc.. all sort of scenarios can happen either way. But at least I have it on my PC, My PC backups etc... In any event, The calendar stuff can be replaced, a real pain for some, I get it. But the contacts??

Also, the ease of managing your Organizer on a PC is somewhat more pratical for a lot of people. This feature was agreat! Just Sync & Go! Hey #1 Apple has the feature!! Google is in the same boat, they have to use a 3rd party App "Companion Link $50" WHY should I have to pay for this feature when we had it all along?

Why kill this in BB10?!?!?!?!?!?

BB dropped the ball!!

N'ff said!

Spread the word people, we want this back! :-)

Again, I hope BB is listening! This is a small issue amongst a lot more issues to fix. This can be done! If a 3rd party can do it and you had it in the past, you know exactly what it takes!! Make it Native & FREE!
    02-06-13 01:48 PM
    This is VERY disappointing, I have always supported Blackberry......but if this feature is not corrected before it hits the US market, I will be leaving Blackberry! This feature, of syncing Outlook's contacts/calandars/task etc is the ONLY thing that has kept me as loyal customer! I am opposed to Cloud based email's etc! ...............VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
    Last edited by blackberryisforme; 02-06-13 at 02:56 PM.
    02-06-13 02:24 PM
    2. Connect or forward all incoming and outgoing mail to your new outlook.com email.

This is not a tried fix. This is what I assume could be a work around. If someone try's this please info me on your results. I won't have my z10 till the 11th. Thank you.

That would work fine for personal email. But for work email, I don't know of an employer that would allow you to auto forward your email to somewhere outside the company mail system. That could lead you to getting terminated
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-06-13 03:02 PM
    This is a major shortcoming, in my opinion. Hopefully they will address it very soon.
    02-06-13 03:25 PM
    THANK YOU very much. Can't wait to get mine in March.
    Calicocat/Anyone--I have a question regarding the connector. I have a 9810 and have my pop3 outlook business (and personal) email set up through Outlook 2007 (had it for years and years). When the Hotmail changed to outlook.com I got an outlook.com address as I wanted it mostly for back up and to put on my Kindle Fire HD as I didn't want work emails coming there (how many places can you handle getting the same email-lol). I was able through a huge effort, to snd my contacts to Kindle's native address book via a huge undertaking. That done, I couldn't export the calendar so I opened a google account and used google calendar which syncs nicely with outlook 2007 and puts it on my Kindle in case I need it. Anyway--after reading this post, I followed the directions and downloaded the MS Hotmail Connector and bingo my outlook now shows the outlook.com events, etc. That said and done, here is my question and my fear (and if you don't know the answer maybe someone on here will)--tonight when I back up and sync my 9810 with outlook2007, will it sync outlook.com and put duplicate contacts on my phone and contact list because that would be a huge screw up. I am running 7.1.746 and BBDM 6.1 which I believe uses active sync. Any answers to this important question is very, very important before I sync my phone.Thanks a ton! Go1ndr
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-06-13 at 04:30 PM.
    02-06-13 03:32 PM
    Ok that's understandable if it will work for some but not for others due to it being on the cloud. But that brings up another question, doesn't iOS and android back up to a cloud service, if so in pretty sure the only way to sync my iPhone 5 with my computer calendar would be to connect it USB/wireless connection to iTunes. If that is also true then this is a step back for bb, but its not like you can jump to android or iOS and do this without paying $50 for C.link.

I understand some users are frustrated with what's happening but keep in mind every other OS is also this way, and the only way to maintain that level of syncing is to remain on bbos7- device or pay the extra $50 for the CLink(which is ridiculous, but is a fix).

I'm just trying to help
    02-06-13 03:54 PM
    Ok that's understandable if it will work for some but not for others due to it being on the cloud. But that brings up another question, doesn't iOS and android back up to a cloud service, if so in pretty sure the only way to sync my iPhone 5 with my computer calendar would be to connect it USB/wireless connection to iTunes. If that is also true then this is a step back for bb, but its not like you can jump to android or iOS and do this without paying $50 for C.link.

I understand some users are frustrated with what's happening but keep in mind every other OS is also this way, and the only way to maintain that level of syncing is to remain on bbos7- device or pay the extra $50 for the CLink(which is ridiculous, but is a fix).

I'm just trying to help
    Pre BB10 was not this way
    02-06-13 05:29 PM
    Nice try at making excuses.
    Fact: BB7 can sync Outlook data directly.
    Fact: BB10 can't.

The fact that you confused ActiveSync with Intellisync only makes your excuses lamer.
    Given that I neither work for Blackberry nor make statements on their behalf, I cannot make "excuses" for them.

I do however get tired of people who are always quick to wah wah wah wah when they don't get something they want, without spending a picosecond considering the challenges that might underlie the thing they want.

If you want an Outlook sync app, write one. I believe that is a non-trivial undertaking, especially when there are no pre-built sync engines that you can use that already understand all the quirks of Outlook, and which also keep up with the various changes MS keeps making to it.

I'm pretty sure that's what Blackberry assumes most people will do, and in fact, I'd guess that's what the vast majority of smartphone owners in general usually do with their smartphone email anyway. (At least the ones who sync or backup their smartphone email at all.)

I like the idea of desktop sync, but then again, I'm no fan of Outlook and resent being forced to use it if I want to sync PIM data. (Though I can still backup PIM data using Link, I just can't sync it to a desktop client. I've already stated that if I had my personal choice, we'd have a Palm Desktop-like app for BB10.)
    02-06-13 06:07 PM
    Bluetooth Transfer is fine... if you have less than 100 contacts.

Otherwise,... its ****. I have 750 and only 100 goes through. I'm testing to see, if I can backup my phone, delete 100, BT again.
    02-06-13 06:10 PM
    Hopefully someone at BlackBerry is reading this thread. I live by Microsoft Outlook and use BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1 to sync my Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes with a BlackBerry Bold 9900. I am an independent professional who works with a standalone notebook computer and who does not want to store business and personal information on the so-called "cloud". Moreover, CompanionLink is not a solution because it syncs Outlook with its own DejaOffice application rather than the BlackBerry 10 Hub. I am hoping that by the end of March, when the Z10 finally becomes available in the United States, BlackBerry will have provided its Link software with the capability to sync organizer data between the Z10 and Outlook. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user since the Curve 8300 was released in 2007 but if BlackBerry does not provide a way to sync Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes information between Outlook and the Z10, I will not upgrade.
    02-06-13 10:40 PM
    There has been a lot of confusion on the Outlook sync issue, check out my post defining the problem; http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-issue-768712/
    02-06-13 11:54 PM
    Hy,

I'm just prepairing the switch from my 9800 to the (hopefuly) arriving Z10 (in Germany it will be in an couple of days/weeks...).

To sync my PIM from desktop-outlook to Z10, I created an outlook.com-account ([email protected]) and the hotmail-connector - this way works perfectly...

Now my question: in my outlook.com-account I added my three original email-accounts (i.e. [email protected], [email protected] etc.). The emails from these three accounts are being collected via outlook.com and synces to my desktop-outlook. So far no problem...
    But when I'm going to create the outlook-account via activesync on the Z10, what happens with the three integrated email-adresses in outlook.com. Incoming mails from all original accounts should be pushed to the Z10 - but is is possible to compose a new email on the Z10 and chose from which original-email-account ([email protected] etc.) the mail should be sent? Or is it always just [email protected].

Sorry for this dumb question - but I'm fairly new to activesync and the possibilities...

Thanks in advancve
    Last edited by laverda; 02-08-13 at 05:39 AM.
    02-08-13 04:58 AM
    Given that I neither work for Blackberry nor make statements on their behalf, I cannot make "excuses" for them.

I do however get tired of people who are always quick to wah wah wah wah when they don't get something they want, without spending a picosecond considering the challenges that might underlie the thing they want.

If you want an Outlook sync app, write one. I believe that is a non-trivial undertaking, especially when there are no pre-built sync engines that you can use that already understand all the quirks of Outlook, and which also keep up with the various changes MS keeps making to it.

I'm pretty sure that's what Blackberry assumes most people will do, and in fact, I'd guess that's what the vast majority of smartphone owners in general usually do with their smartphone email anyway. (At least the ones who sync or backup their smartphone email at all.)

I like the idea of desktop sync, but then again, I'm no fan of Outlook and resent being forced to use it if I want to sync PIM data. (Though I can still backup PIM data using Link, I just can't sync it to a desktop client. I've already stated that if I had my personal choice, we'd have a Palm Desktop-like app for BB10.)
    Of course you are making excuses for BlackBerry. That's the national sport of CB. DO you have a Zed10? If not, how do you know what the real impact of this miss is? You don't. But you've read reviews, and Kevin has told you it's OK, so it's OK.

No one should have to write their own code for a feature that was in their old device, was removed without any warning or fanfare (there could have at least been a blog on it) and seems to be impacting more than a few people. Not you, to be sure. Not me, either. So I don't need the code.

This is key example of several important things:

1 - BlackBerry didn't pay attention to their customers
    2 - People here will defend them without actually using the device (which is truly stunning, but Blind Faith will do that). The same people here think they know what is best for BlackBerry's customers.
    3 - It is mistakes like these that will drive customers away
    02-08-13 05:46 AM
    What everyone needs to understand is that the ecosystem is changing. Almost every Android and iPhone user (and let's just say there are a lot of them) uses the cloud to sync their contacts, tasks, and calendar. USB syncing is going the way of the dinosaur. And really the cloud is about redundancy. I create events and tasks on my laptop and desktop. If my computer crashes or gets stolen, I haven't lost anything. Granted, there is a remote chance that the cloud server could go down or be compromised, but they have invested a lot more into backup and security than you or I have.

Things change...
    Last edited by RunSilent23; 02-08-13 at 06:44 AM.
    02-08-13 06:22 AM
    This has been explained in detail in other threads. The problem is clearly with Microsoft. The Blackberry side would still work.

An app that solves this is in app review process. The computer side isn't cheap. Why is it Blackberrys fault?

Sadly I posted same complaint before details were explained in another thread.

Once again - What would we do without Crackberry ? !!!
    02-08-13 06:40 AM
    This is a major shortcoming, in my opinion. Hopefully they will address it very soon. No idea why they wouldn't have included the ability to do this, especially since they don't have a cloud-based alternative.
    +1,000
    Dave Liao likes this.
    02-08-13 10:11 PM
    What. The. Heck.

I sincerely hope BlackBerry releases an update to support desktop syncing of Microsoft Outlook's tasks, memos, calendars, and contacts to BlackBerry 10.

As far as I know, only iOS and BlackBerry 7 (and earlier) are the only mobile OS-es that support local desktop PIM sync.
    The day that Palm nixed desktop sync in webOS was a dark day.
    CompanionLink (and other CompanionLink-like software) are just workarounds that don't meet the core need described by the original poster, and desired by others (like myself!).

To those of you using the cloud for everything, what do you use to sync tasks? Memos, I figure Evernote?
    02-10-13 01:42 AM
    To those of you using the cloud for everything, what do you use to sync tasks? Memos, I figure Evernote?
    I believe Exchange ActiveSync will sync tasks if the server side supports it.

Most MS Exchange hosting companies should support that, and probably Microsoft's free offerings too. (ie Outlook.com)
    02-10-13 06:49 AM
    I believe Exchange ActiveSync will sync tasks if the server side supports it.

Most MS Exchange hosting companies should support that, and probably Microsoft's free offerings too. (ie Outlook.com)
    That would be an interesting test. I know that Hotmail Calendar tasks sync to Windows Phones. Anyone test that out with BB10 yet?
    02-11-13 09:04 AM
    That would be an interesting test. I know that Hotmail Calendar tasks sync to Windows Phones. Anyone test that out with BB10 yet?
    Tons of people here have discussed syncing tasks on the Z10. A forum search for posts less than 30 days old with search terms such as "tasks sync Z10" would probably find a lot of them. You might want to exclude the term "USB" though... wayyyy too many of those..
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 12:28 AM
    Several users used the sync part of instructions here (they apple to Windows Live / Hotmail / Outlook.com): How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    02-13-13 12:38 AM
    I guess you can add me to this too as I have a Hosted Exchange email and when i reply to emails on my BB10, it doesn't show that I replied to them on my Outlook Desktop.

I can, however, see it in my sent folder but that's not what I'm really looking for.

Also, I'd really wish there was more than 30 days of email history. Even my iPhone4S has "forever" as an option....or unless I'm missing something.
    02-13-13 01:18 AM
    Calicocat/Anyone--I have a question regarding the connector. I have a 9810 and have my pop3 outlook business (and personal) email set up through Outlook 2007 (had it for years and years). When the Hotmail changed to outlook.com I got an outlook.com address as I wanted it mostly for back up and to put on my Kindle Fire HD as I didn't want work emails coming there (how many places can you handle getting the same email-lol). I was able through a huge effort, to snd my contacts to Kindle's native address book via a huge undertaking. That done, I couldn't export the calendar so I opened a google account and used google calendar which syncs nicely with outlook 2007 and puts it on my Kindle in case I need it. Anyway--after reading this post, I followed the directions and downloaded the MS Hotmail Connector and bingo my outlook now shows the outlook.com events, etc. That said and done, here is my question and my fear (and if you don't know the answer maybe someone on here will)--tonight when I back up and sync my 9810 with outlook2007, will it sync outlook.com and put duplicate contacts on my phone and contact list because that would be a huge screw up. I am running 7.1.746 and BBDM 6.1 which I believe uses active sync. Any answers to this important question is very, very important before I sync my phone.Thanks a ton! Go1ndr
    Hello, I am pretty new to the whole Outlook topic and so honestly I couldn't even figure out how to sync my Outlook Calendar to My 9900. I did a test from the Outlook Calendar on their website, and it didn't show up in my phone. In fact I don't even Have a Sync Calendar Option on my 9900 so I can't sync any calendars from the outlook.com website Or the Desk Top Application. Oh yeah one more thing, I can't even setup an Outlook Email Address To my 9900 so I don't know how Any of y'all are doing this. I checked the How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account THAT link Out and I managed to get my Hotmail Connector to work on the MS Outlook 2010 Desktop Application. However, it Still didn't work. Oh and one more thing, I can't copy and paste the calendar from my Desktop to the outlook.com website. It wouldn't let me.
    02-13-13 01:53 AM
    I guess you can add me to this too as I have a Hosted Exchange email and when i reply to emails on my BB10, it doesn't show that I replied to them on my Outlook Desktop.

I can, however, see it in my sent folder but that's not what I'm really looking for.

Also, I'd really wish there was more than 30 days of email history. Even my iPhone4S has "forever" as an option....or unless I'm missing something.
    AFAIK, when it comes to EAS, the "forever" option is there but it's not really respected as forever in true sense. For instance, using Google Sync via EAS, it's actually roughly 29-31 days depending on what you actually get. On Exchange, it should be about 30 days as well. The setting deals with how much recent email is retrieved as part of automated sync / push. It shouldn't affect your ability to retrieve older messages by scrolling through your inbox or folders.
    02-13-13 01:54 AM
    Hello, I am pretty new to the whole Outlook topic and so honestly I couldn't even figure out how to sync my Outlook Calendar to My 9900. I did a test from the Outlook Calendar on their website, and it didn't show up in my phone. In fact I don't even Have a Sync Calendar Option on my 9900 so I can't sync any calendars from the outlook.com website Or the Desk Top Application.
    You're in the wrong forum. This forum deals with BlackBerry Z10, which is a BlackBerry 10 device. Your question deals with BlackBerry 9900, which is not a BlackBerry 10 device. Please review the threads for either BlackBerry 7 or for BlackBerry 9900 and if you can't find a relevant one, please post a new thread there.

Sorry, we have enough confusion and mass hysteria here without confusing people with instructions for legacy BlackBerry devices creating more issues. You *should* be able to sync your BlackBerry 9900 with Outlook using BlackBerry Desktop, provided certain requirements are met.
    02-13-13 01:57 AM
131 ... 23456