When I had the z10 I was always proud to use the camera. It was very good. Now I have a z30 but can't get nearly the same quality photos so I hardly use it.

Even with camera++ the z30 just doesn't cut it.....

Posted via CB10
    It's the same camera.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 06:22 AM
    It has the flash light problem guys, when I capture a picture with flash it leaves white eye. I mean it leaves white colour spot in the eye. And it can't be removed with red eye reduction tool in editing

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately we can't change how light reflects in the eye, this can happen with poor lighting and automatic red eye reduction (that is seeking to remove red) however it could also be a sign that a visit to the opticians is in order.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by oystersourced; 06-20-15 at 06:51 AM.
    06-20-15 06:39 AM
    I'm a big fan of BlackBerry but only thing that bother me is z10 camera. Why can't BlackBerry provide a good camera quality like other smartphones? Especially at night or in dark places it's so bad.

Posted via CB10
    I was never a fan of the z10 camera either. But i have saw worse before.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-20-15 06:45 AM
    It's the same camera.

Posted via CB10
    On paper yes.....but there is something inside the phone that must process the image differently.....compare the posts of photos taken with the z10 and z30 and you will see what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 07:40 AM
    On paper yes.....but there is something inside the phone that must process the image differently.....compare the posts of photos taken with the z10 and z30 and you will see what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    The updated hardware in the Z30 should however mean that the Z30 produces better images. Those images will always look worse on the device because it's a bigger display with a lower resolution, less pixels per inch, less brightness, poorer contrast and poorer colour replication.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 08:22 AM
    I was never a fan of the z10 camera either. But i have saw worse before.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Z10 camera struggles only in dark places otherwise it's good. But the question is why can't BlackBerry makes it better?

BlackBerry forever, Android junk never
    06-20-15 12:35 PM
    I was recently on a trip, wife with a ip5, a friend with a Nokia WP, and my Z10. Of all the pics taken mine were better in just about every shot. Bright, dim, panoramic etc.. I used HDR most the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:57 PM
    Has anybody discovered problem with auto focus on 10.3.1...? I have to lock the focus to to auto focus...it worked on 10.2...
    When taking photo it will wait 1-2 second before it activate the shutter and takes the photo..quite annoying...
    But happy with the quality, take a lot of machinery photo in my job as project engineer ...

/Bob 10.3.1.1779
    06-20-15 02:41 PM
    I'm a big fan of BlackBerry but only thing that bother me is z10 camera. Why can't BlackBerry provide a good camera quality like other smartphones? Especially at night or in dark places it's so bad.
    Z10 is not the only device out there in the SmartPhone Camera game arena that comes with poor than expectation camera hardware... If you're camera centric, go for Galaxy S#es or LG Gs, or Chinese makes like OPPO or ASUS with some sort of engineering designs done on their cameras that may help you to achieve pictures you desired...
    06-21-15 07:50 AM
    buy a camera

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    06-21-15 07:52 AM
    Especially at night or in dark places it's so bad.
    Many if not most cameras struggle a bit in low light.

As others have said, I've found that the best Z10 results are when using HDR and then using the built-in editor to adjust the levels. Sometimes just tapping "auto enhance" is enough.

We have iPhone 6's in the house too, which take perfectly nice photos, but we usually actually prefer the more vivid results from the Z10's HDR.

The iPhones are faster however, and likely show more detail if the photo was enlarged. But for casual use, the Z10 is often nicer.
    engmessam likes this.
    06-21-15 08:12 AM
    The camera is fine but not when compared to iphone 5s/6

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:14 PM
    If you are referring to the front camera, then Yes is terrible. But the one behind is cool. Overall, for the price of a Z10, I think it is worth it.
    07-03-15 04:31 AM
    I think bb10.3.2 improves the low light performance of the camera.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 06:32 AM
    Yes, the front camera is horrible bt back camera is awesome

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:40 AM
    The updated hardware in the Z30 should however mean that the Z30 produces better images. Those images will always look worse on the device because it's a bigger display with a lower resolution, less pixels per inch, less brightness, poorer contrast and poorer colour replication.

Posted via CB10
    I have about 1000 photos on my sd card. Mostly from my old z10. And now when I look at them compared to my current z30 on the same display there is an obvious difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:22 AM
    Has anybody discovered problem with auto focus on 10.3.1...? I have to lock the focus to to auto focus...it worked on 10.2...
    When taking photo it will wait 1-2 second before it activate the shutter and takes the photo..quite annoying...
    But happy with the quality, take a lot of machinery photo in my job as project engineer ...

/Bob 10.3.1.1779
    I saw a post that said you could press and hold the shutter button to change the way the auto focus works.
    07-03-15 02:56 PM
    The front 2mp camera is terrible... 8mp is at least acceptable with the right settings.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I would not call them terrible.

A friend of mine wanted to take a selfie together with me. We first used her Nexus 5, with not very good results.

We then used my Q10. And the results were much better.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skstrials; 07-04-15 at 12:53 AM.
    07-03-15 06:16 PM
    I would not call them terrible.

A friend of mine wanted to take a selfie together with me. We first used her Nexus 5, with notes of good results.

We then used my Q10. And the results were much better.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah so true, nexus line camera is not impressive. For me my Z10 has been always better than my Nexus4 .

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:12 PM
    Just don't forget the Z10 was released about two years ago.
    So it's unfair to compare it with nowadays phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:13 PM
    Z10 is too old to compare with today's smartphones. But if you can't get a new one, then better try upgrading yours to latest BB10 OS 10.3.2 which improves camera and added new features
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...HedRexbIoGYDA/

If it not satisfy you yet, then get yourself a real camera like the Nikon P900 Coolpix that has 83x optical zoom lens, low light 16mp zoom lens, etc. It made a viral video that shows the moon's surface at nearest as possible that no other camera can do.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-03-15 10:34 PM
    It's OK but of course is not the best camera in the world.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 02:40 PM
    Well I hate my Z10, stl 01, but I must admit the camera is nice, when compared to any droid in it's price or specifications range.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:05 PM
    If one had never used a Z10 (or any BB10 camera, for that matter) they should be able to determine from the comments in this thread that user experience varies greatly on the same device.
    From experience with the Z10 camera, I have to say that it CAN take some very great photos (especially in HDR mode) but it is not the fastest. There is always a delay and sometimes the auto focus is slow (though it appears BlackBerry has made some improvements in that area with 10.3.2). This translates into a hit-and-miss user experience.
    It's a similar problem that BlackBerry faces, as a whole. It CAN do amazing things - often better than the competition - but it isn't always the most user-friendly. This means it also isn't the most consumer-friendly and this is why BlackBerry has lost much of its market share. Apple and Android are both very user-friendly systems and you don't need any technical know-how to produce the results you want.
    Then again, I am a BlackBerry die-hard. And it seems like BlackBerry caters more to my kind than to the 'one button' type crowd. With a BlackBerry, you can get the results that you want, you might just have to do a little bit more work than pushing a button and hoping for the best.
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    07-04-15 09:26 PM
    Hmm ; I think I need to contribute to this issue; I once used z10 stl100-1 of which I loved the camera, but later switched to stl100-4 for the reason of 4G network, I noticed slight difference in camera quality, The z10 stl100-1 seems to be more clearer In picture quality than the stl100-3 and stl100-4, I think is the hardware it runs on. U can try it. And post ur observations, try taking a selfie with both stl100-1 camera and stl100-4 camera, you'll notice the difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 04:05 AM
50 12