Isn't it amazing. After all the nit picking and gripes about the Z10 we can now see some hard evidence that the camera is not that bad after all!

Check out the link BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Btw..what's with all the negative comments about the way the Z10 changes from landscape to portrait? Its just as quick as my old iPhone ever was. And I've been also reading comments how greasy the Z10 screen gets, more so than other phones. So how come after 5 hours of constant use last night I hardly had and grease or smudges? Maybe its because my hands were clean? Why blame a phone when it is probably due to dirty hands?
    02-07-13 05:38 AM
    Nothing wrong with those photos...
    02-07-13 05:52 AM
    nice post, this changes the bad rep the z10 cam was getting from the crappy pics taken by some people before !!
    02-07-13 06:08 AM
    Yeah it's almost like they took bad pics on purpose :-p
    02-07-13 06:16 AM
    The forum shrunk them a lot but honestly I really like the camera in the phone and think it takes great pictures. Here are 7 pictures, some outside in daylight, some at night time at the opening of Winterlude.

I use it all the time though because really the pictures I consider to to generally very good.
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000014.jpg   Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000039.jpg   Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000047.jpg   Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000184.jpg   Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000191.jpg  

Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000204.jpg   Z10 Camera is actually rather good according to CNET test pictures!-img_00000230.jpg  
    02-07-13 06:33 AM
    Loving the pics dataiv, just like my tests, your pictures show that the quality of the camera, certainly in some light conditions are really not as bad has been made out.
    Another thread, this one http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...itions-767067/ has a lot of my side by side tests on it.

With regards to the OP comments about the phone rotation from landscape to portrait, I have found it a little slow at times, but other times its instantaneous. Guess its one of those things you get use to.
    02-07-13 06:43 AM
    The forum shrunk them a lot but honestly I really like the camera in the phone and think it takes great pictures. Here are 7 pictures, some outside in daylight, some at night time at the opening of Winterlude.

I use it all the time though because really the pictures I consider to to generally very good.
    I don't use the camera a lot, but my experiences would tend to match up with yours as well and providing you don't go out of your way to try and make it look bad (no flash in the dark for example) then it does seem to produce some decent pics and the editor is also nice and quick to use too.
    The problem that I see... it has the same zoomed camera that the 9900 and playbook have... Maybe it's the sensor and lens that's chosen for hte camera... It just makes it hard to catch a wide view when you're up close. Case in point. I want to get a picture of the cat being ******** lying on his back stretched out in my lap. I can't get him all the way in the picture without getting up. But if I get up he'll move so.... I can't get all of him in the photo.
    While that's true FunktasticLucky, it has a bit longer focal length than I might like, say, it's not by much. I can still take a picture of two people's faces standing together side-by-side with the phone at arm's length (i.e. take a picture of ourselves) and it works out just fine. Other than that point which I do tend to agree on, I have had nothing but good experiences taking pictures with this phone, either using the flash in dark or in outdoor brightness. Those last two pics I posted are in full night outdoors and they turned out just fine to show what's going on.

Agree though that it is not much of a wide-angle lens but I am OK with that.
    02-07-13 06:55 AM
    My verdict is, the camera at first glance is ... "fine" on the Z10.

The quality is not significant to blow any other phone camera out of the water, buts fine for little snaps here & there.

What makes the Z10 camera unique and stand out though is the Time Shift feature, but this will be short lived as:

Nokia who has THE best camera, also owns the feature Blackberry brags about, they've done all the marketing and spending on Nokia's behalf.
    02-07-13 07:06 AM
    02-07-13 01:10 PM