Hi and before someone says it, no I haven't done a forum search. Since I upgraded to 10.2 I am having problems answering calls. I keep swiping down again and again and the phone just continues to ring. It's now starting to annoy me and I have to inevitably call people back every time. Anyone else having problems or as usual is it just me?
    11-23-13 08:26 AM
    Try reboot your device, normally that happens to me in Ecuador when having bad signal carrier. After I can answer I get a pop up message saying that there where issues with the signal

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 08:30 AM
    or change the protecting film, it might be "too thick"... sometimes, when the hands are cold, the screen does not notice the "touch" if covered by a screen protector.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    11-23-13 08:36 AM
    You have the official OS from you carrier (not an aircraft carrier) and not the leaked 10.2.1 (they changed the swipe direction in the leak). While I don't get a ton of calls, I had 4 yesterday (she couldn't decide on the turkey!) and the Down swipes all worked. I'm using an official version that I loaded myself since Verizon probably won't release it till after BB goes under!
    11-23-13 10:22 AM
    Some versions of 10.2 (1791 and 1803) had problems while answering calls...

I too have faced issues many a times.. and when you swipe down to answer... it sticks there and it doesn't pick up the phone, and phone continues to ring...

Its fixed in 10.2.1 and new swipe feature works flawlessly...
    But I miss that old swipe down to answer method!!

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    11-23-13 12:24 PM
    Hi results so far!!!!!! Now getting annoyed (major understatement of 2013). Did a security wipe and completed setup again. Arranged screens and directories and switched off for the night. Switch on following day and phone starts going through setup routine again? Anyway it upgraded this time to 10.2.0.429 and guess what? IT STILL WONT ANSWER CALLS WITH THE SWIPE!!!!!!!!!. The upward gesture rejects calls perfectly which is good unless your wife is calling and then you become involved in world war three because you didn't answer her call. (catch my drift?)

WHY? do I feel a change of phone calling me?
    11-25-13 10:19 AM
    Can you practice next to another phone? Call your cell, and attempt to answer using the swipe. See if a more decisive TOUCH AND SWIPE is more effective than a mushy touch/swipe? Try starting the swipe higher or lower? Do other swipe gestures work or maybe the touch response on your phone is a problem. (frankly, by the time I get my phone out of pocket/fannypack/etc, I'm already fumbling with it. I am NOT looking forward to the next OS where they've changed the direction of the answer swipe!!!)
    11-25-13 01:14 PM
    I had the same problem on two different Z10s, one was a red LE. Since upgrading to 10.2.1, the issue is gone.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:20 PM
    Can you practice next to another phone? Call your cell, and attempt to answer using the swipe. See if a more decisive TOUCH AND SWIPE is more effective than a mushy touch/swipe? Try starting the swipe higher or lower? Do other swipe gestures work or maybe the touch response on your phone is a problem. (frankly, by the time I get my phone out of pocket/fannypack/etc, I'm already fumbling with it. I am NOT looking forward to the next OS where they've changed the direction of the answer swipe!!!)
    Good idea. Oh and did you mention fannypack......
    11-25-13 01:24 PM
    Good idea. Oh and did you mention fannypack......
    Yes, I did! I use it at the gym and sometimes while bike riding (like when I head to REI in the next hour or so. Phone, wallet and keys are already packed in it. Either on waist or in bike bag and I can take it in one move.
    sinlessearth likes this.
    11-25-13 03:37 PM
    I give up!
    11-26-13 12:00 PM
    I give up!
    Unlike you. Warranty as the phone is less than a year old. Good luck
    11-26-13 01:11 PM
    Ok dudes and duesses, success has been achieved. In a strange way but never the less it now works so I ain't going to knock it.

Even though I am here there and everywhere on behalf of those crazy people in the whitehouse and pentagon my Z10 is with Vodafone UK. When a new phone arrives from them it is set at minimum rings before it switches to voicemail. The default is 10 seconds probably to gain more revenue from the customer having to dial in to collect the message but anyway it shouldn't make a difference to the Z10. As with all my phones when the Z10 arrived from Vodafone I reset the ring before divert to 30 seconds and forgot about it. When I upgraded to 10.2 I never thought about the ring time until I started testing why the phone would not answer calls. I noticed that the phone had reverted to 10 seconds before divert so I altered it back to 30 seconds which you do by simply dialling **61*121*30# send. As soon as I extended the time my phone started answering perfectly again?

The time setting is variable from 15, 20, 25, 30 in 5 seconds increments. Just to make sure that this was the cause I set the phone at all individual times and when set on 10 or 15 seconds before divert the phone will not answer with the swipe gesture. It will reject calls with the swipe but not answer. On the other selections 20, 25, 30 seconds the phone answers perfectly just don't ask me why. Obviously it must have an effect on the overall answer function coding somehow but it works and as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Problem solved now back to the brandy!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-13 07:42 AM
    Well done, SOM.
    11-30-13 10:53 AM