I have searched everywhere and have yet to find a solution for this.

Whenever I add my Google account to my z10, it adds the account, but when I go to the calendar, it is a blank screen and I can't do anything (contacts show up fine). Then I try to go back and try to delete the mail gaccount and the settings app freezes on "Deleting accounts". The only way to clear this is by doing a security wipe (restarting and battery removal doesn't work). I have tried several security wipes and have also created a new test google account, but nothing works. I am going nuts! Any help would be appreciated.
    12-06-13 11:28 AM
    There may be some form of corrupt data in that calendar? Some oddball character not the normal alphanumerics? Something else amiss.

What if you don't sync that calendar for the moment - can you add new entries to a blank calendar and does it open? Create a new gmail account and add a few events and sync that and see how that goes.
    12-06-13 02:58 PM
    Okay so I created a brand new native google calendar with a test appointment created in google calendar and voila it worked. But my problem still isn't solved. Here's what I am trying to do...

I have a family calendar in Outlook 2007 on my computer, which I am trying to share with family member's mobile phones. To complicate things we have 1 blackberry, 1 Samsung galaxy and 1 iphone. I don't want them to be able to make changes to the calendar, so what I did is created a gmail account for myself, synced up the outlook 2007 calendar to that account and shared the calendar with my husband and 2 kids using separate gmail accounts for each. The iphone and the Samsung synced up smoothly (the phone calendar automatically gets updated whenever I make a change in my Outlook 2007 calendar). The problem is my husband's blackberry will only sync up with appointments created in gmail, but will not show the shared family calendar (even though the appointment does show up on my husband's gmail calendar).

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem, or some other solution to get all the phones syncing to one calendar?
    12-10-13 12:51 AM
    I am far from a Calendar expert and avoid some of this syncing stuff to keep things simple for me. But this response will bump the thread for more eyes. Good luck
    12-10-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks for you help. I found the problem and the solution. So I will repost it for others who may be reading this. The original shared calendar I was trying to sync must have had something in it that the blackberry didn't like (as you wisely suggested). So I created a new test calendar in Outlook 2007 and shared it with my husband's google account. But I still couldn't see it on his blackberry. I did some more searching and found that there is a checklist in google (you have to be logged in to the account you want to sync, in my case it was my husband's account) at this location https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect . The new shared calendar was listed, but not checked. Checked it off and voila the calendar was now synced with the blackberry.

Now on to my next problem. The original family calendar will freezes up the blackberry every time I try to sync to it. I tried resaving all the appointments and removing any thing that might cause the problem (ie. attachments and invitation appointments). No luck. So other than completely recreating the calendar and resyncing all 3 phones can any one suggest anything else that may be causing the problem.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-13 10:35 AM
    had this issue a few times. I never found a proper resolution, but I think it was because I had a gmail account with multiple calendars. Changed the account to only load one calendar and used the cal dav method and haven't had problems since.
    12-10-13 10:52 AM
    I don`t think it`s a multiple calendar issue, as I can sync other shared google calendars, but only one particular one freezes up my blackberry. Looking at my calendar maps in Outlook 2007 on my computer, I see that I have two subfolder calendars within the calendar I am trying to sync (did this my accident). So I am going to move those out into their own folders and see what happens.
    12-10-13 12:52 PM