I do have an affinity to Audis. It's a love hate thing though. My A6 has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned (yes, I'm shocked by that, haha), but my A8L threw the timing belt and of course it bent all the valves. Finally got the new motor in recently (after it sat for over a year). I was an ***** and pulled the audio system thinking I'd put it in something else. Now I gotta install everythin AGAIN, so I haven't even been driving it. Schools almost out for the summer though so that'll give me some time to work on it.

Attachment 159674
    could be worse, you could have an alfa romeo lol
    05-08-13 08:41 PM
    could be worse, you could have an alfa romeo lol
    True. My buddy has an Alpha. No joke, they turned him away at one of those car get-togethers. He was sooo mad, haha
    05-08-13 08:48 PM
    but my A8L threw the timing belt and of course it bent all the valves.
    Yep, this is one of the reasons why I swapped a dual-cam into my BMW E30........I'm not sure why manufacturers thought using timing belts on an interference engine was a good idea.
    05-08-13 09:09 PM
    Although I appreciated OP's metaphor I have to agree here, US cars in general (aside from a few Fords) are crap and they don't even bother to sell Cadillacs outside the US and Canada most of the time because no one buys them.
    You are living in 1985.

BTW.. Caddy sells decent numbers in China, Saudi Arabia and a few other countries.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:47 PM
    IPhone is BMW. Bunch of cocks drive them

Posted via CB10
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-08-13 09:52 PM
    I enjoy my z10 as much as I do driving my bimmer!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:13 PM
    Yep, this is one of the reasons why I swapped a dual-cam into my BMW E30........I'm not sure why manufacturers thought using timing belts on an interference engine was a good idea.
    Does that one have a timing chain? One of the techs at my work, who's a total import hater, just rags on me on a daily basis about having to put motors in my cars, haha. He's always goin off about how gm uses chains instead of belts and how stupid Audis are. Funny part is, the A6 used to be his kids car and he's the one that bought it for him, haha. Probably why it's lasted so long. Things got 210K on it and it still purrs
    05-08-13 10:16 PM
    Ok, just looked it up. So that's when the valves can stick out into the cylinders. I kinda figured that. Yeah that's a terrible design, haha
    05-08-13 10:23 PM
    Sorry but you don't seem to know your cars, at least the new ones.

The z10 is the BMW of smartphones. The iphone is a lexus. It has the coolest features and is the most fun but it comes with problems. The iphone does everything its supposed to and is reliable but very boring. Cadillac is nowhere close to these brands, they are still entry level luxury

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:57 PM
    Cadillac cts-v.
    05-08-13 11:56 PM
    "...if apple were to have sold the z10 as an apple z10, it would be falling off the shelves and people would be talking about how great and innovative it is."

True tea was spilled!
    05-09-13 12:15 AM
    The z10 is the BMW of smartphones. The iphone is a lexus. It has the coolest features and is the most fun but it comes with problems. The iphone does everything its supposed to and is reliable but very boring. Cadillac is nowhere close to these brands, they are still entry level luxury

Posted via CB10
    You basically just insulted the Z10... BMW is the poor mans luxury car lol
    05-09-13 12:24 AM
    Poor mans?! I wish I had 90k to drop on an M5. Guess I'm not poor enough, haha
    biotechx and 2 Phonez like this.
    05-09-13 12:54 AM
    Hey, that's "sport-luxury" to you...... which incidentally is what most of the new Cadillac coupe and sedan models are considered now anyway.

A loaded 7-series is around 80 grand....what's your definition of "poor", exactly?
    05-09-13 01:52 AM
    Frankly I want my Z10 to behave more like a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nice creature comforts but able to handle anything intense that I might throw at it.

When I hear Cadillac i think of something parents in their 50s or grandparents would own.
    05-09-13 03:21 AM
    Frankly I want my Z10 to behave more like a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nice creature comforts but able to handle anything intense that I might throw at it.

When I hear Cadillac i think of something parents in their 50s or grandparents would own.
    yea is say land rover discovery but we all know how reliable british cars are
    05-09-13 05:11 AM
    O I know!!!! I'd KILL for a Discovery!!! But my Brit tells me they're not that great.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-13 05:28 AM
    Did you see the Top Gear where the rover started leaking right away? Water was dripping in from the dome light, haha
    05-09-13 09:02 AM

Oh c'mon... Cady's aren't that bad
    05-09-13 09:02 AM
    This was the best thread i've read in a long time...This will turn into that car debate.....
    Sure compare it to Cadillac....end of the day, owned by GM....what happed to GM a few years ago....
    At the end of the day, the Caddy is a very nice Yukon Denali with Cadillac badge? You gripe on Apple about no innovation, Cadillac same thing with escalade...same truck as Yukon denali? Same 6.2 liter engine....it was American built so its gotta be the best?
    Would rather not compare the z10 to cadillac....yikes....
    And if most of the readers here are from the US....then yes, Cadillac is the best out there......
    My next topic is going to be about the cheap gas prices?
    05-09-13 09:09 AM
    This is going to turn into a car argument, isn't it...

By the way, it's the Audi of smartphones..

Posted via CB10
    Of course BlackBerry is the Audi of smartphones. They use the similar names.

Audi Q5
    BlackBerry Q10

Coincidence? I think not.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-09-13 09:18 AM
    Did you see the Top Gear where the rover started leaking right away? Water was dripping in from the dome light, haha
    I've seen all episodes of top gear I don't bother with topngear usa its lame
    05-09-13 09:29 AM
    I've seen all episodes of top gear I don't bother with topngear usa its lame
    It's not that bad. Took me a bit since I was used to the original, but the show actually grew on me.
    05-09-13 09:36 AM
    It's not that bad. Took me a bit since I was used to the original, but the show actually grew on me.
    part of what draws me to top gear uk is not only clackson,may, and hammond its the amazing cinimatogrphy that the us counterpart lacks....every episode from the uk is extremely artistic as well I don't get the same feeling frlm the us
    barnfoot likes this.
    05-09-13 09:38 AM
    I'd disagree... Lexus is made by Toyota which will run forever..just like a Honda. I can't stand BMW. Once you hit 50k everything starts to break!
    05-09-13 09:41 AM
110 ... 2345