Just a stupid story for you guys. I was at a customers house today and I was sending a text as I walked to his door, and he noticed my z10. The guy is a car enthusiast, like myself, and we've discussed his corvettes, and my built Cadillac cts-v.

We got around to bsing for a few minutes, and he brought up how he is sick of his iPhone and has owned a 3, 4s, and a recently purchased 5. His wife is due for an upgrade, so naturally I tried swaying him towards the z10, and I think he is going to do it. But anyway, he referred to my phone as the Cadillac of smartphones, in that it is more powerful than most of its competitors (audi, bmw, Mercedes, acura) more functional, not loaded with stupid garbage that looks good on paper, but isn't that great in real world use, and looks just as sleek. "The only thing that is holding this bb10 back from exploding is the fact that there is not a green robot or a half eaten apple anywhere on it, if apple were to have sold the z10 as an apple z10, it would be falling off the shelves and people would be talking about how great and innovative it is"

It was weird hearing this from someone who has owned apple products for the past 5 years, but it was refreshing to hear it from the general public for once.

Well that's all I wanted to say, catch you guys later.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:37 PM
    It's not weird I've owned apple smart phones exclusively prior to the Z10. No more.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:41 PM
    Great to hear praise for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-07-13 04:43 PM
    The z10 is the BMW of smartphones. The iphone is a lexus. It has the coolest features and is the most fun but it comes with problems. The iphone does everything its supposed to and is reliable but very boring. Cadillac is nowhere close to these brands, they are still entry level luxury

Posted via CB10
    gobimmer and barnfoot like this.
    05-07-13 04:50 PM
    The z10 is the BMW of smartphones. The iphone is a lexus. It has the coolest features and is the most fun but it comes with problems. The iphone does everything its supposed to and is reliable but very boring. Cadillac is nowhere close to these brands, they are still entry level luxury

Posted via CB10
    All the iPhone users I know drive overpriced Euro sedans. I'd rather have a Cadillac than the rest, at least I'll have an arm and a leg at the end of the day.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    05-07-13 04:52 PM
    Just a stupid story for you guys. I was at a customers house today and I was sending a text as I walked to his door, and he noticed my z10. The guy is a car enthusiast, like myself, and we've discussed his corvettes, and my built Cadillac cts-v.

We got around to bsing for a few minutes, and he brought up how he is sick of his iPhone and has owned a 3, 4s, and a recently purchased 5. His wife is due for an upgrade, so naturally I tried swaying him towards the z10, and I think he is going to do it. But anyway, he referred to my phone as the Cadillac of smartphones, in that it is more powerful than most of its competitors (audi, bmw, Mercedes, acura) more functional, not loaded with stupid garbage that looks good on paper, but isn't that great in real world use, and looks just as sleek. "The only thing that is holding this bb10 back from exploding is the fact that there is not a green robot or a half eaten apple anywhere on it, if apple were to have sold the z10 as an apple z10, it would be falling off the shelves and people would be talking about how great and innovative it is"

It was weird hearing this from someone who has owned apple products for the past 5 years, but it was refreshing to hear it from the general public for once.

Well that's all I wanted to say, catch you guys later.

Posted via CB10
    More powerful? IDK, only benchmarks could tell us that
    More Functional? Maybe more functional than a iPhone? But that is only if I exclude apps that extend functionality of the OS...
    Stupid Garbage that looks good on paper? Like what? Most of the "garbage" or "Gimmicks" people talk about on this site, would be called that if they were implemented on BB10/Z10/Q10
    Looks as sleek? Yes, the Z10 is sleek in its own way...
    robitaille93 and cose like this.
    05-07-13 04:59 PM
    All the iPhone users I know drive overpriced Euro sedans. I'd rather have a Cadillac than the rest, at least I'll have an arm and a leg at the end of the day.
    The new ATS and CTS have come a long way! For the first time ever I would consider one over an audi or bmw.
    05-07-13 05:00 PM
    The new ATS and CTS have come a long way! For the first time ever I would consider one over an audi or bmw.
    Exactly. For a while, Cadillac was on top of the world, then they started to lose ground to other manufacturers. In that while they were stuck in a creative rut. Now, they are back with a vengeance.

Sound familiar?
    SDTRMG, yvpan1 and sleepngbear like this.
    05-07-13 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Case in point.

Posted via CB10
    lsf222 and SDTRMG like this.
    05-07-13 05:10 PM
    Exactly. For a while, Cadillac was on top of the world, then they started to lose ground to other manufacturers. In that while they were stuck in a creative rut. Now, they are back with a vengeance.

Sound familiar?
    Yeah people are pretty clueless when it comes to that stuff. No current car can touch the V series right now, yet people still doubt it because it is a caddy. Hell, my v1 makes close to 680 crank horsepower without nitrous, and nobody expects it because, of course, it is a Cadillac.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:13 PM
    This is going to turn into a car argument, isn't it...

By the way, it's the Audi of smartphones..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:16 PM
    Your remark about marketing of phones is very much believable. There is a lot in the name of the product. If a name sounds very good people will buy it even if the quality is not very great. I see this all the time.

I work in IT and on electronic systems for communications. I tried various other types of cell phones. I found the Z10 to be among the best phones I ever tried. My family has a number of Z10's and a number of Playbooks.
    mookieson likes this.
    05-07-13 05:22 PM
    It was a really good analogy by the guy, and it proves that vanity is a must to the sheeple.
    People like that one guy would rather pay 60k for a bmw that has less power and bells than the V series Cadillac, because it is a Cadillac and not a bmw

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:27 PM
    When I hear Cadillac, I think of an old guy's car.

That said, a lot of people would agree with your comparison for this reason. I don't think this is a point we want to argue.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:28 PM

That said, a lot of people would agree with your comparison for this reason. I don't think this is a point we want to argue.

Posted via CB10
    Do you by chance live in Florida??
    05-07-13 05:29 PM

Posted via CB10

It is actually exactly what I'm talking about. You think of the cars from the 80s and early 90s and they were hideous tanks. Compare them to the cts starting from 03, and then consider the rest of their lineup. They're unable to escape their reputation and perception to the publics eye, and it makes it a tough sell, regardless of what the car actually looks like and can do on the track or street.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and BlackStormRising like this.
    05-07-13 05:35 PM
    Yaaay! A car debate, let's go!!.......I personally wouldn't consider a Cadillac, but hey horses for courses, but you can't go wrong with a Z or a Q really though.....
    05-07-13 05:36 PM
    Do you by chance live in Florida??
    Nope. One step before Florida, New York. My 77 year old father just bought an XTS. It drives the same as our old 77 Sedan De Ville that I learned how to drive on. That is to say it feels like you are driving a sofa. Some People like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:39 PM
    Nope. One step before Florida, New York. My 77 year old father just bought an XTS. It drives the same as our old 77 Sedan De Ville that I learned how to drive on. That is to say it feels like you are driving a sofa. Some People like that.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of the "older folks" here drive Caddys...just wondering.
    05-07-13 05:43 PM
    A lot of the "older folks" here drive Caddys...just wondering.
    I see plenty on bmw and Benz cars driven by old people too. I was stuck behind a lady in an amg and I just thought "what a waste. "

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:50 PM
    I see plenty on bmw and Benz cars driven by old people too. I was stuck behind a lady in an amg and I just thought "what a waste. "

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we are "funny" down here in the South!!
    05-07-13 05:52 PM
    Cadillac... sounds about right
    05-07-13 05:53 PM
    hhm can i say Z10 is the TOYOTA of all smartphones?
    - Toyota is known for getting your things done however the features are somewhat boring (i have a MY 06 Corolla and a MY 09 RAV4 and comparing them against civic/i30 or my RAV4 against CRV/XTrail/Tucson sometimes i kinda feel the boringness aura when i hop inside my cars :P BUT again, i get all my stuffs done!)
    - but Toyota does the job well! everything is just right. just right.
    - and recently the era has started to change. Toyota cars nowadays are now no longer boring but reliable but they now KNOW how to build good looking, feature-rich, versatile yet reliable cars. i've seen the new corolla, the new Camry the new Yaris, and even the new RAV4. honestly i'm so drooled with the way Toyota has evolved for the last few years. these cars have grown up from being boring to cheering, especially the RAV. i hope someday (perhaps next year or so) I'll be able to bring 1 of the diesel RAV4s back to my garage.

and i think it's similar to the way BB10 is now. BBRY is on its way to open up new possibilities, we just need to be patient along the way and just walk through its path. 10.1 OS marks that off but that's just the icing of a cake. headless apps capability, Hub API, Jelly Bean runtime and more will be coming soon as well.
    05-07-13 06:13 PM
    My phone is definitively a Caddy!

A black CTS... Lord Vader - your phone!

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:17 PM
    Well, I may as well try my hand at this.

First off, I would compare Apple to Honda. In the late 90s, early 2000s, Honda used to make cars that attainable cars that gearheads aspired to own. Think the Integra Type R, the Acura NSX, and S2000. That was the early iterations of the ipod, iphone and ipad. Now, they still make solid cars, but do they have a single vehicle in their lineup that gets the imagination of a car enthusiast going?? Hardly.

As for BlackBerry, I would almost be tempted to compare them to Chevy/GM. They used to be on top, and they had had a very wide array of models - probably too many models. They have now scuttled Saturn and Pontiac, and are a leaner, more efficient company. They also have some excellent high performance models, but the general populace still thinks the Corvette to be inferior to the more expensive foreign alternatives.
    vzw8830 and BB12MX like this.
    05-07-13 06:35 PM
110 123 ...