I've read online about some complaints regarding the build quality of the z10.

I don't understand them, as far as I can tell my z10 is as tight and solid as my iPhone.

No creaks or gives anywhere. Even the battery door is snug.

What gives?!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-07-13 02:07 PM
    With mass produced items, it's easy to get a few that aren't so tight or are of a solid build. You can't expect BlackBerry to check each and every device they churn out, it's near impossible with the millions that are being produced. Heck even the iphone5 had various build defects ie the easy to scuff corners being the worst one. Even my s3 has a annoying creak to it, we'll it did have until I sold it the other day.

My z10 is built like a tank, no creaks or squeaks like my 9900 had and no loose parts I have noticed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:19 PM
    My biggest complain about the Z10 design is the space between the screen frame and the lcd. It's very small but dirt can easily get in there.

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 and vptsff like this.
    04-07-13 02:20 PM
    It might be the Verizon restart problem. How Verizon can spend almost 4 months in carrier testing and still release a firmware version that randomly restarts, I don't get it. Otherwise, I've heard the screen colors are inconsistent from phone to phone. Not heard of any other build quality issues.
    04-07-13 02:21 PM
    I really love the build of this phone, probably the best feeling phone that I have ever used. I really think that they nailed the size and weight, and the screen is just the right size. It just really feels premium to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:49 PM
    I don't really get people who argue that either. At first it felt a bit light but after a couple days it was perfect. Mines been assembled just fine!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:10 PM
    Nothing what so ever wrong with the build quality of the z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:43 PM
    I have had my mine four weeks and the build quality is excellent. I wanted to make a note that the screen is as good if not better then my IPhone 5 when viewing it in direct sunlight, very impressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:56 PM
    I have zero issues when it comes to the build quality of the phone. Everything with it is fine!
    04-07-13 04:08 PM
    My biggest complain about the Z10 design is the space between the screen frame and the lcd. It's very small but dirt can easily get in there.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with this. The edges of the screen and sides of the phone is a dust magnet.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:16 PM
    I totally agree with this. The edges of the screen and sides of the phone is a dust magnet.

Posted via CB10
    I also agree with this overly a dust magnet.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:19 PM
    I also agree with this overly a dust magnet.

Posted via CB10
    Build (hardware) is flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 04:20 PM
    Mine appears built well also. Is everyone's z10 made in Mexico? Mine says Mexico on the side of the box but I'm not certain they're all made there. Also, I notice an ever so slight rattle in my volume key when the phone is placed on a table or if you tap the back of it. It's not flopping around or anything but does anyone else notice the slight rattle?
    04-07-13 05:06 PM
    Mine appears built well also. Is everyone's z10 made in Mexico? Mine says Mexico on the side of the box but I'm not certain they're all made there. Also, I notice an ever so slight rattle in my volume key when the phone is placed on a table or if you tap the back of it. It's not flopping around or anything but does anyone else notice the slight rattle?
    Mine is a rogers stl-3 made in Mexico 6 wish I had a made in Canada one

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:14 PM
    White Z10 from Verizon here. It's the first Blackberry that I can remember being made in Canada. I give it two thumbs up for build quality as everything fits as it should. The buttons fill nice and work as intended. All in all I'm very satisfied.

Bighat
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    04-07-13 05:15 PM
    Mine is a rogers stl-3 made in Mexico 6 wish I had a made in Canada one

Posted via CB10
    Mine is also a stl-3 but from bell. I wonder if all the Canadian carriers have z10's from Mexico. Probably made next door to the volkwagen factory. Lol !
    04-07-13 05:30 PM
    Mine is also a stl-3 but from bell. I wonder if all the Canadian carriers have z10's from Mexico. Probably made next door to the volkwagen factory. Lol !
    Lol probably my 9900 was a Mexico one too.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:36 PM
    I *LOVE* my Canada-build Verizon Z10.

Best built phone I've ever owned (and I include a number of much-loved HTCs, a couple of Samsungs, numerous Palms, and a few SonyEriccsons in that list).
    04-07-13 05:37 PM
    Do any of you notice a slight rattle with the volume keys if you tap the back of the phone or place it down on a table or hard surface?
    04-07-13 05:41 PM
    Do any of you notice a slight rattle with the volume keys if you tap the back of the phone or place it down on a table or hard surface?
    Nope -- although my Lumia 800, Lumia 900 and Lumia 920 all suffered from that.
    04-07-13 05:42 PM
    No complaints about build quality here. The phone is solidly put together. Like a lot of you, the only thing I'm not liking too much is the area around the glass portion of the display, it gets dusty in there really easily.

I think there are some that confuse build quality with build materials. Glass, steel, and aluminum on exterior elements of a device tend to give people the idea something is well built or considered good quality just because of the material. Granted they do make for beautiful devices, but you can also have very good quality polycarbonate builds as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:46 PM
    The rattling is coming from the nfc contacts on the back of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ye there are two copper pieces that move up and down you can see it if you take off the cover.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't notice a rattle where the nfc contacts are, mine is definitely coming from the volume keys. It's not a real bad rattle but it's noticeable.
    04-07-13 06:16 PM
    I don't really get people who argue that either. At first it felt a bit light but after a couple days it was perfect. Mines been assembled just fine!

Posted via CB10
    I still think the BlackBerry Z10 could have been built thinner yet maintaining the user-replacable battery. For a point of reference consider the Apple iPod Nano built twice as thick and with an OLED display possibly using Corning Willow Glass.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 01:24 AM
35 12