I've been waiting to upgrade my bold9900 for it seems years now, I held out for the z10 and got it on Day 1 of UK launch. What's more, I convinced my colleague and friend to get one too (different network)

The number of shall we say teething issues with the phone have been a little annoying. Some related to OS, some related to app integration and some god knows.

A) could not make calls, needed to reboot. Resolved with OS update, never repeated.

B) wifi profiles disappeared. Put a few back and never repeated fortunately.

C) that calendar bug is really annoying, it's absurd that you have to choose the calendar before inserting the date or it crashes.

D) whatsapp contact integration even with the official whatsapp is borderline at best. Doesn't sync then all. For some reason some contacts never show up even after infinite refresh. (see E below)

E) Contacts update seems to be a nightmare. I have 1000+ between linked in, fb, and various emails. Linking works, but doesn't update them all, you need to unlink, then update, then re link.

F) if I try and attach a file when writing an email (seems only to do this with files) you cannot select it. It only seems to work if you go to the file first via file manager and then share by email.

G) sent a photo attachment and the phone decides to resend that email every 6 minutes ad infinitum (seems random, cannot force replicate it) this could be yahoo related, but still, in that case it's an integration problem.

H) selecting the previous letter once you have inserted the cursor somewhere seems a near impossible task (editing or correcting messages)

I) data usage is phenomenal. It's not a big deal when I'm home, but when I'm roaming my 50MB limit goes within a few hours... and I'm only using whatsapp or BBM. (we really need a data counter!!!)

I'm sure I've forgotten some.. but... BlackBerry could have done better.

I'm sticking to this, but please give me an OS update.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:51 AM
    I've been waiting to upgrade my bold9900 for it seems years now, I held out for the z10 and got it on Day 1 of UK launch. What's more, I convinced my colleague and friend to get one too (different network)

The number of shall we say teething issues with the phone have been a little annoying. Some related to OS, some related to app integration and some god knows.

A) could not make calls, needed to reboot. Resolved with OS update, never repeated.

B) wifi profiles disappeared. Put a few back and never repeated fortunately.

C) that calendar bug is really annoying, it's absurd that you have to choose the calendar before inserting the date or it crashes.

D) whatsapp contact integration even with the official whatsapp is borderline at best. Doesn't sync then all. For some reason some contacts never show up even after infinite refresh. (see E below)

E) Contacts update seems to be a nightmare. I have 1000+ between linked in, fb, and various emails. Linking works, but doesn't update them all, you need to unlink, then update, then re link.

F) if I try and attach a file when writing an email (seems only to do this with files) you cannot select it. It only seems to work if you go to the file first via file manager and then share by email.

G) sent a photo attachment and the phone decides to resend that email every 6 minutes ad infinitum (seems random, cannot force replicate it) this could be yahoo related, but still, in that case it's an integration problem.

H) selecting the previous letter once you have inserted the cursor somewhere seems a near impossible task (editing or correcting messages)

I) data usage is phenomenal. It's not a big deal when I'm home, but when I'm roaming my 50MB limit goes within a few hours... and I'm only using whatsapp or BBM. (we really need a data counter!!!)

I'm sure I've forgotten some.. but... BlackBerry could have done better.

I'm sticking to this, but please give me an OS update.

Sounds like a bad unit to me

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:25 AM
    I've had none of these issues, I won't have some(i don't use calendar and my data is high), but with whatsapp, I say make sure the contacts are save as a mobile and not work number in your normal contacts, I found that to be an issue on previous phones that it only looks for mobiles. It "May" help. Hope it does.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:21 AM
    I'm not trying to be mean, but some of these issues seem excessively picky. Coming from a Nexus 4 before I got the Z10, I had way more issues on Android, and that was a "mature" platform. For example, I've had issues with Google's very own calendar sync! Constant rebooting, attachments don't send, lagginess, etc. And to give you an example that is relevant to your points, Android still doesn't have Facebook contact sync to this day. Some claim that Facebook and Google couldn't agree on privacy, but the point is that the vanilla Android end user still doesn't have contact sync. I definitely do hope that the issues you're having get resolved, but why include issues that have already been resolved into your list?

Oh, and the Calendar bug was fixed in the latest update. I don't have any of the other issues you've listed, so I can't comment on those. Good luck.
    R Field likes this.
    04-01-13 06:34 AM
    WiFi profiles disappearing - yup, I had that once myself and had to recreate it. Hidden SSID with manually added IP's etc...

Whatsapp is junkware - not a BB issue but rather a developer who can't write/ test properly.

Agree with the editing issue -

As for the rest of it, have not had the same experience as you.
    04-01-13 07:01 AM
    I'm not trying to be mean, but some of these issues seem excessively picky. Coming from a Nexus 4 before I got the Z10, I had way more issues on Android, and that was a "mature" platform. For example, I've had issues with Google's very own calendar sync! Constant rebooting, attachments don't send, lagginess, etc. And to give you an example that is relevant to your points, Android still doesn't have Facebook contact sync to this day. Some claim that Facebook and Google couldn't agree on privacy, but the point is that the vanilla Android end user still doesn't have contact sync. I definitely do hope that the issues you're having get resolved, but why include issues that have already been resolved into your list?

Oh, and the Calendar bug was fixed in the latest update. I don't have any of the other issues you've listed, so I can't comment on those. Good luck.
    Use haxsync from the play store...simple app that works perfectly for android.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    04-01-13 07:10 AM
    I have had a couple of those issues also but many I have never experienced. Compared to android I find bb10 to be less buggy. IOS is very good but it has bugs also.

Personally I think for a new OS, bb10 is in good shape. More updates are coming no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    eBud likes this.
    04-01-13 07:10 AM
    For editing text, when the bubble comes up tap either the left side or the right side of the bubble to mov
    04-01-13 07:15 AM
    For editing text, when the bubble comes up tap either the left side or the right side of the bubble to mov
    Hit the submit by accident. Tap either side of the bubble to move through the characters. Double tap on a word to select that word.
    04-01-13 07:17 AM
    I'll addresses F

I just tried sending a picture from my work email account to my home email account (also set up on BlackBerry) . I had no problem attaching a file.

Here are the steps I took:
    1) started new email and selected work account
    2) addressed email to my home account
    3) entered subject line text
    4) collapsed keyboard and chose file attachments
    5) chose a picture file and clicked on done
    6) sent email

I have 10.0.10.85 running on the phone. What OS are you running?
    04-01-13 07:25 AM
    Quote:
    ) data usage is phenomenal. It's not a big deal when I'm home, but when I'm roaming my 50MB limit goes within a few hours... and I'm only using whatsapp or BBM. (we really need a data counter!!!)

50 MB is really small , i think you need to up your allowance.
    04-01-13 07:35 AM
    I just want to clear up one thing, I'm not BlackBerry bashing and have owned nothing but BlackBerry for as long as I can remember.

I've signed up to betaworld as I'm happy to find and deal with bugs. Nor am I here to compare to apple or Android.

I'm just saying that I agree it is a new OS but there are things I'd like to see in future updates.

Sooner rather than later ideally.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:36 AM
    I'll addresses F

I just tried sending a picture from my work email account to my home email account (also set up on BlackBerry) . I had no problem attaching a file.

Here are the steps I took:
    1) started new email and selected work account
    2) addressed email to my home account
    3) entered subject line text
    4) collapsed keyboard and chose file attachments
    5) chose a picture file and clicked on done
    6) sent email

I have 10.0.10.85 running on the phone. What OS are you running?
    For me it works with pictures but not with files. Pdf for example.

OS 10.0.10.90

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:40 AM
    You know what?
    Best tip of the day for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:42 AM
    Quote:
    ) data usage is phenomenal. It's not a big deal when I'm home, but when I'm roaming my 50MB limit goes within a few hours... and I'm only using whatsapp or BBM. (we really need a data counter!!!)

That's the roaming allowance.
    But even at home 1.5gb is not small!!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:44 AM
    Quote:

That's 50MB per day.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:45 AM
    It's ridiculous that you have to collapse the keyboard to attach a picture. Surely this can be improved.

They should add the attach buttons etc to the right hand side menu so you can use these features without collapsing the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 146043
    fast666 and h20work like this.
    04-01-13 08:03 AM
    For me it works with pictures but not with files. Pdf for example.

OS 10.0.10.90

Posted via CB10
    Just tried same test using docx file, no problem.
    04-01-13 07:33 PM
    Just tried same test using docx file, no problem.
    Looks like it's just me, this Is what I'm doing, either its not my device or it's related to the search function.

Steps:
    Compose email
    Insert recipient and subject
    Drop down the keyboard
    Press attach
    Select file
    Search for the file I need
    Select the file (it highlights it but I can't do anything with it)

Does this work for you? For me it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:18 AM
    Looks like it's just me, this Is what I'm doing, either its not my device or it's related to the search function.

Steps:
    Compose email
    Insert recipient and subject
    Drop down the keyboard
    Press attach
    Select file
    Search for the file I need
    Select the file (it highlights it but I can't do anything with it)

Does this work for you? For me it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    Works for me with a PDF file (that was on my SD card). 10..0.10.88 on AT&T.
    04-02-13 01:29 AM