What's the deal with everyone saying how zippy the browser? From my experiences loading time is average or a little below average (comparing it to the s3 nexus 4 and note 2) , scrolling can be a problem for some sites (black spots appear when you scroll too fast) and there are some sites where everything just slows down even when swiping up to exit. It also doesn't block pop up ads which are extremely annoying, you end up having to close the tab manually.

It's not all about benchmarks.

Posted via CB10
    DX9 and richardat like this.
    04-19-13 11:10 PM
    They are comparing it to old blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:11 PM
    From experience its as fast and sometimes caster than my desktop browser. It can block pop ups as well. I don't know what you are talking about

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, stevepar, R Field and 9 others like this.
    04-19-13 11:12 PM
    +1. Browser is simply "Ok"

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:14 PM
    Desktop Mode is pretty nice if you like to see full content. Browser seems pretty snappy to me, but, I had iphone 4s before. Settings are easy to use and you can block popups.

Attachment 153015
    Attachment 153016
    SDTRMG, seacan2 and dudoo like this.
    04-19-13 11:14 PM
    I use firefox and Safari(I refuse to use Chrome anymore) and my Z10's browser has beat them all in load times. It also beats my 920's internet explorer and 4S's safari. I was unable to block popups in any of my mobile phone's browsers. I have had no issue with black spots and I have had no websites which slow it down. Can you tell us a website that does please so I can test it?

EDIT: While you may think it is overrated, I find it the best. Nothing irks me more than annoying internet behavior and speed of webpage loading. It has not irked me once.
    SDTRMG, dusdal, RazzBerry and 8 others like this.
    04-19-13 11:21 PM
    What's the deal with everyone saying how zippy the browser? From my experiences loading time is average or a little below average (comparing it to the s3 nexus 4 and note 2) , scrolling can be a problem for some sites (black spots appear when you scroll too fast) and there are some sites where everything just slows down even when swiping up to exit. It also doesn't block pop up ads which are extremely annoying, you end up having to close the tab manually.

Posted via CB10
    It's been way faster then my LG thrill 3d, 4th gen ipad, and what my iphone 5 was. I think it's really underrated.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm even my cousin on an s3 was surprised at how fast the browser is... pages literally load in no time at all... so yeah I must say I'm pretty impressed. especially when I am loading videos whilst my friends could barely get a signal on their Samsung's and i phones

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, dusdal, RazzBerry and 5 others like this.
    Oh yes. I have a nexus 7 as well and it beats that too using firefox.
    04-19-13 11:24 PM
    My Z. Loads faster then my Firefox on laptop. Thing is. It has to be on Lte network to be so fast. Which I always am anyway. But lightening fast. Maybe it's not so much the phone but ur subpar network that doesn't give u LTE. Just saying. Cause Lte is 10 times faster then 4g

Oh. And I CAN block pop ups and I have no black outs cept when I have wifi on and it trys to go thru it instead of network. And wifi is much slower

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    SDTRMG, RazzBerry and seacan2 like this.
    04-19-13 11:29 PM
    It's down to your carrier or bband provider. Fastest yet comparing to friends note2, 920, iphoney 5 and the rest.

If you're having issues, ensure you have the correct stl model for your carrier.

Sent from my Z10STL100-2/10.0.10.822
    04-19-13 11:31 PM
    Have you tried playing songs or live streams from a website on your Android..

Flash videos....

For speed comparisons there are plenty of youtube videos.. It's not the best, but you can bet your a** that this thing is going to leave the rest in dust, say 6-8 months down the road..

iPhone is outta question...

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte, RazzBerry and R Field like this.
    04-19-13 11:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    S3 browser is better than Z10? Are you kidding me? S3 browser has the most clunky experience ever. I told my colleague how fast Z10 is with flash and he started showing off that his S3 is equally good. Need less to say it was an embarrassing experience for him. Once you come out of the influence of your Android Kool aid, you will see how fast Z10 browser is.
    SDTRMG, seacan2, Spawn12 and 1 others like this.
    04-19-13 11:44 PM
    Browser is not perfect but I find it very very fast. LTE has some to do with it but even on 4g... love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:47 PM
    I've recently become a fan of Reader Mode. Reader + Desktop Mode = Awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:47 PM
    [QUOTE=Once you come out of the influence of your Android Kool aid, you will see how fast Z10 browser is.[/QUOTE]
    I think I am going to make this my new signature!
    LOVE it!
    seacan2 and John Pawling like this.
    04-19-13 11:53 PM
    Even on 3G speed, the speed it takes to load websites even ones with much Flash...man, very well done BlackBerry!!! way faster than any if the droid and iPhone browsers in my personal experience.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-19-13 11:55 PM
    The only sites that give me trouble are those that are optimized for Chrome browser.
    04-19-13 11:56 PM
    I've compared the z10 with the n4 s3 and note 2 extensively both on wifi with all the settings cleared up. It's average at best but does not have anything on the note 2 which is a beast. I agree that the s3 browser is kinda choppy but we are talking about page load time.

Try going to kat.ph and try entering a text on the search box. A pop up tab will immediately load, never had this problem on Android. Mind you pop ups have already been blocked in my settings. I also experience the black spots when scrolling fast a lot, even when the sites fully loaded.

Not bashing but I'm just saying before I bought the z10 I was checking the reviews and everyone was all praise for the browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:57 PM
    Even the dev alpha b units are faster than the s3 / iphone 5 http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2012...wser-face-off/

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Kat0908 and seacan2 like this.
    04-19-13 11:58 PM
    Yeah and on all the other benchmarks the z10 only scored half what the I phone and lumia were getting lol

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:05 AM
    I've compared the z10 with the n4 s3 and note 2 extensively both on wifi with all the settings cleared up. It's average at best but does not have anything on the note 2 which is a beast. I agree that the s3 browser is kinda choppy but we are talking about page load time.

Try going to kat.ph and try entering a text on the search box. A pop up tab will immediately load, never had this problem on Android.
    I just loaded and tried entering the text. Brought a pop up. Then I tried zooming in to the search bar and it then allowed me to. The same exact behavior occured on my Nexus 7. That is pure Google.
    Mind you pop ups have already been blocked in my settings. I also experience the black spots when scrolling fast a lot, even when the sites fully loaded.
    Again please tell me a website this occurs on. I have not seen this.
    Not bashing but I'm just saying before I bought the z10 I was checking the reviews and everyone was all praise for the browser.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 12:09 AM
    My z-10 seems to be one of the ones with an amazing browser. It's too bad you must have got a LEMON instead of a BLACKBERRY.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and dc08879 like this.
    04-20-13 12:14 AM
    Your network sucks. That's it
    seacan2, Spawn12 and sbx9900 like this.
    04-20-13 12:32 AM

Try going to kat.ph and try entering a text on the search box. A pop up tab will immediately load, never had this problem on Android. Mind you pop ups have already been blocked in my settings. I also experience the black spots when scrolling fast a lot, even when the sites fully loaded.

Posted via CB10
    I went to kat.ph on my Z. They may have found a work around. Have you replicated it on other devices?
    04-20-13 12:36 AM
142 123 ...