Learned something new today!

As per the new app "BlackBerry Community..." (forgot what all it was, lol). In the Help Blog section.

Browser Keyboard Shortcuts

Let?s say for example you are reading a lengthy article online and you would like to use Reader Mode so you can enjoy distraction free reading? You can optionally tap the three dot action key in bottom right corner followed by Reader Mode but did you know you can also get into Reader mode by hitting R on the virtual keyboard?

To do this, show the keyboard by swiping up with from the bottom of the screen using two fingers and tap R. To hide the keyboard again, swipe down using two fingers, or tap and hold the space key.

Reader Mode is just one several options you can access using this tip, other options include:

Go to the top of a web page, press T
    Go to the bottom of a web page, press B
    Go forward one page, press N
    Go back one page, press P
    Search text on a page, press S
    Open your bookmarks, press K
    Open your history, press H
    Enter reader mode, press R
    Refresh a web page, press L

Yes I would assume it would also work on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Ankish khatri likes this.
    01-30-14 11:44 PM
    I really wish apps like twitter or.. blaq or any app could also do something like this. If we can bring the keyboard up basically anywhere why not be able to utilize these kind of shortcuts. I don't think you can bring the keyboard up in android or ios?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:49 PM
    I love my Z10 but keyboard shortcuts are one thing I miss from my 9900. More virtual shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:14 AM
    I really wish apps like twitter or.. blaq or any app could also do something like this. If we can bring the keyboard up basically anywhere why not be able to utilize these kind of shortcuts. I don't think you can bring the keyboard up in android or ios?

Posted via CB10
    They can if the developer chooses to implement shortcuts. Implementation is rather simple but I think most devs have all touch devices so it usually doesn't occur to them to implement keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:24 PM
    They can if the developer chooses to implement shortcuts. Implementation is rather simple but I think most devs have all touch devices so it usually doesn't occur to them to implement keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    here ya on that, I just remember they did it for os7 apps as well I'm pretty sure?� I used to love them on the bold. I also wonder what other shortcuts there are with this keyboard we can bring up basically anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:44 AM
    that was same thing in the legacy devices
    Swipe up from BlackBerry logo 2 fingers

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:40 AM