I'm thinking of maybe switching to ATT from Verizon and just thought of an issue I might have. Just throwing this question out there to see if anyone has any theories or inside info on the question. When the Z10 is released by AT&T in the US, will it have the standard Bridge App that the other Z10 phones have? Will they somehow block the PlayBook's access to the internet like they do on the legacy devices? If they do, will options be available to sideload a different version of the Bridge App like rroyy has provided for older devices?

Thanks for any input.
    02-19-13 02:18 PM
    AT&T is notorious for blocking BB features in lieu of their own cost based bloatware. I suspect this is the release delay.
    Mr.G likes this.
    02-19-13 02:23 PM
    OK - so now that people have had a chance to load the update from AT&T to their Z10's (I know it hasn't gone on sale but apparently some people already have the phone), have you noticed that data through bridge is blocked?
    03-12-13 04:21 PM
    OK - so now that people have had a chance to load the update from AT&T to their Z10's (I know it hasn't gone on sale but apparently some people already have the phone), have you noticed that data through bridge is blocked?
    bump.

Holding my breath for Verizon, to see if they would do the same as AT&T in the past (blocking Bridge tethering). Called today to get my 9930 replaced (something wrong with the mic, my voice is muffled somehow for others), the lady on the other end trying to get me to upgrade away from Blackberry :-/
    03-13-13 04:04 PM
    I have the latest .88 AT&T update installed today and I'm typing this reply over bridge right now. I'm not using an AT&T sim though, but a Bell Sim.
    03-13-13 05:32 PM
    BTW, the only bloatware that I'm seeing is myAT&T, AT&T FamilyMap and AT&T Device Help
    03-13-13 05:39 PM
    Mine has been blocked as of yesterday (says I need a tethering plan). Looks like we will need a bridge ota to bypass. Any ideas? I miss the functionality, and hate that ATT has to block this.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:46 PM
    Had to bump this. Plan on getting the phone today. Hope there is a work around for this :-/
    03-22-13 04:42 AM
    So, AT&T are saying its tethering now? That will cost extra.
    03-22-13 04:49 AM
    Just tweeted @rr_yy about this. Hopefully he plans on releasing it for us ATT users without a tethering plan. Some of us have the grandfathered unlimited data plans, and if we add on tethering, we are changing the data portion of our plan and will lose the unlimited part.
    blumstar likes this.
    03-22-13 04:56 AM
    Just tweeted @rr_yy about this. Hopefully he plans on releasing it for us ATT users without a tethering plan. Some of us have the grandfathered unlimited data plans, and if we add on tethering, we are changing the data portion of our plan and will lose the unlimited part.
    Wow, that sucks. But thanks for the tweet to rroyy. Hopefully he'll have something going soon.
    03-22-13 05:00 AM
    Wow, that sucks. But thanks for the tweet to rroyy. Hopefully he'll have something going soon.
    This is the way it always has been. Hard to believe that people expect something different
    03-22-13 05:07 AM
    This is the way it always has been. Hard to believe that people expect something different
    Oh, I know. Current have my 9810 bridged to my playbook. But thanks to rroyy, I'm not getting charged for "tethering".
    03-22-13 05:14 AM
    So, AT&T are saying its tethering now? That will cost extra.
    AT&T has always required a data plan with tethering to enable BlackBerry Bridge. Be forewarned though BlackBerry Bridge is crippled on the BlackBerry Z10 compared to its functionality on previous BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 05:21 AM
    AT&T has always required a data plan with tethering to enable BlackBerry Bridge. Be forewarned though BlackBerry Bridge is crippled on the BlackBerry Z10 compared to its functionality on previous BlackBerry smartphones.

Yup, I know this (several BBM group friends have had a zed10 for a while now). I just want to be able to surf the web when out and about and no wifi is present(like at my inlaws who don't own a PC and don't have internet)..
    03-22-13 05:23 AM
    Yup, I know this (several BBM group friends have had a zed10 for a while now). I just want to be able to surf the web when out and about and no wifi is present(like at my inlaws who don't own a PC and don't have internet)..
    The BlackBerry Z10 has hotspot capabilities if BlackBerry Bridge is not an option.

03-22-13 06:07 AM
    My z10 on att bridge gives me data.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:10 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 has hotspot capabilities if BlackBerry Bridge is not an option.

If I'm not mistaken, AT&T charges for using the hotspot.
    03-22-13 06:10 AM
    My z10 on att bridge gives me data.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "gives me data"?
    03-22-13 06:11 AM
    I can use my PlayBook Internet on bridge with no problems

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:45 AM
    I can use my PlayBook Internet on bridge with no problems

Posted via CB10
    And you're not paying extra for tethering?
    03-22-13 07:07 AM
    No. AT&T has not touched the bridge app as of yet. Honestly they probably won't there isn't enough of us for them to go through all of that. When they first did it who knew if the PlayBook was going to take off. Since it didn't sure they don't care.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 07:18 AM
    Ignore that ^

As far as I know, you can take your Sim out and download bridge over wifi and it should work. That fix has been posted in a few threads.
    03-22-13 07:26 AM
    Um why ignore?? I have a z10 didn't do anything other than download bridge and it works fine. So what up with your attitude

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 07:35 AM
    I will wait to see if rroy puts out an ota, not ready to just head to bbworld and download bridge just yet.
    03-22-13 08:17 AM
52 123