I have a buddy that did the 10.2.1 update an a day later his phone no longer turns on, If you hold the power button you get 1 red flashes.
    Ive tried using Link to do a factory reset but link can not connect to the device. Ive also used an autoloader an it sit theres trying to connect to the bootloader.

Looking for any suggestions from the CrackBerry Group on possible ways to bring this back to life
    Thanks everyone
    02-15-14 08:01 PM
    Well, I personally don't think it has anything to do with the update, if it happened a day later
    Was your buddy doing something specific on the phone before it bricked?
    Here's something I like to do to debrick the device (dates back to the legacy device days)
    Take out the battery first, and plug in the phone. Then run the autoloader
    I don't know what the difference is exactly on the new QNX phones, but I know on the legacy devices, one connects the JVM, the other to the ARM respectively
    So give that a go, and hopefully the LED will go green when the autoloader is running. IF if does, wait until the green light goes off, before you plug the battery back in
    Everything should be good as new. Sadly, your buddy won't be able to recover his data unless he had a backup.
    If that doesn't work, I would suggest putting your battery into his phone and see if it boots. Could just be that the battery died
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    02-15-14 08:15 PM
    I think its the update, my phones been screwed since I did it. I just posted a thread about it. It hasn't bricked but has become so slow and unusable it's just embarrassing. Although I have heard a few people are having problems with the latest update, which isn't surprising, unfortunately. By even asking for help you'll get people saying it's got nothing to do with the phone, no BlackBerry has ever screwed up.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:55 PM
    I think its the update, my phones been screwed since I did it. I just posted a thread about it. It hasn't bricked but has become so slow and unusable it's just embarrassing. Although I have heard a few people are having problems with the latest update, which isn't surprising, unfortunately. By even asking for help you'll get people saying it's got nothing to do with the phone, no BlackBerry has ever screwed up.

Posted via CB10
    From what I understand, you did an OTA update through what the carrier pushed
    For your case with the slow slugginess performance, there is a way to fix this
    Backup your phone using BB Link, then do a security wipe on your phone
    Then restore your backup
    Each time you do an OTA update, there will be crap left over from the previous OS. It will build up and get slower

I'm very supportive of BB, but I don't think they never mess up. They've made some pretty questionable decisions in the past, and some rather disappointing OS releases (not to QNX, but also BBOS)
    However, as a techie, I feel BB is still the best device for me with the stability, but also allowing me to tinker with it.
    02-15-14 09:04 PM
    I'd love to but BB LINK has never worked, very weekend since getting the phone i've tried to get it to work but nothing happens. I understand what you're saying about the OTA updates, but I've only done 3 of them, does that mean that every time I update i'll have to security wipe my phone? Why hasn't BlackBerry made customers aware of this stuff if it's something they're likely to have to do? I know i sound bitchy, but i love my Z10 and an annoyed that all of a sudden it's a mess and i can't use it. I've had BlackBerry phones exclusively for about 6 years (which I know isn't that long compared to some people) and haven't had many problems, except the update before this last one which made my phone unable to make or receive calls, and also the sensors don't work at all anymore. I really like BlackBerry, for me they're perfect, it's just now it won't even do the most basic tasks like skip to the next track in the music app and i don't know why. Thanks for the reply though mate, it is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:14 PM
    I'd love to but BB LINK has never worked, very weekend since getting the phone i've tried to get it to work but nothing happens. I understand what you're saying about the OTA updates, but I've only done 3 of them, does that mean that every time I update i'll have to security wipe my phone? Why hasn't BlackBerry made customers aware of this stuff if it's something they're likely to have to do? I know i sound bitchy, but i love my Z10 and an annoyed that all of a sudden it's a mess and i can't use it. I've had BlackBerry phones exclusively for about 6 years (which I know isn't that long compared to some people) and haven't had many problems, except the update before this last one which made my phone unable to make or receive calls, and also the sensors don't work at all anymore. I really like BlackBerry, for me they're perfect, it's just now it won't even do the most basic tasks like skip to the next track in the music app and i don't know why. Thanks for the reply though mate, it is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest. Those of us who constantly install new OSes don't have this problem much because we backup restore every few weeks. Hell, we've done it several times a day when we have multiple OSes to test
    As for whether you need to security wipe after each update, it's ultimately up to you. OTA updates can often cause problems. This isn't limited to BB. Apple, Windows, etc all have this problem in one form or another. Clean install is always the best in my opinion.
    Having said that, BB knows about these issues, and are looking into it. But since the problem is already here, we might as well try to solve it on our own as opposed to sitting on our bums and hoping someone else would solve it. BB has made A LOT of changes to the OS since 10.1.
    10.1 MR introduced android native code.
    10.2 introduced black theme and 4.2.2 android runtime
    10.2.1 introduced many new small features and apk install
    I'm not making excuses for BB, but at least I can see why there are so many problems. Apple on the other hand doesn't change much to its OS apart from patching jailbreaks, or adding nice small functions
    BB Link not working seems to be a major issue for many people who are hesitant to reload OSes
    I'm really not sure what the problem is. I've gotten it working on my windows 8.1/8.1beta/7/XP and even on a hackintosh
    The key for it to backup is to put your device in airplane mode, or turn off wifi. That trips BB Link up for some reason
    The newer updates for BB Link has really made backup and restore a lot easier and faster. It's more reliable. If you haven't tried the newer versions, I would suggest giving that a go!
    Best of luck!
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-15-14 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not when thousands of people have updated with no issues....

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:28 PM
    Not when thousands of people have updated with no issues....

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't necessarily brush it off like that. Bad OTA's happen. I'm been building hybrids since OS 5 days, but when I OTA from 10.0.9 to 10.0.10, the whole hub just died on me. I couldn't sideload (back then it was so hard to sideload too! now you just sachesi it) anything to get it working. I have never had that problem since, but I have experienced it before, so I know it's not always a user error.
    leehardballer12 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-15-14 09:35 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily brush it off like that. Bad OTA's happen. I'm been building hybrids since OS 5 days, but when I OTA from 10.0.9 to 10.0.10, the whole hub just died on me. I couldn't sideload (back then it was so hard to sideload too! now you just sachesi it) anything to get it working. I have never had that problem since, but I have experienced it before, so I know it's not always a user error.
    I once had an OTA update brick my OS7 phone. When I got home, I looked and read and read some more to unbrick it, then did the update "the right way". Lol...however, since I've had BB10 phones I just gone ahead and let it update OTA. Fortunately, I've had no issues. But I'm seriously considering loading a 10.2.1 leak on my Z30 that is still running 10.2.0...I just don't want to find myself in the OP's buddy's boat! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:33 PM
    Rather than trying to find someone to blame people, be constructive, including the op. There is a lot of information on os and how to use auto loaders google them.... do the research, in the end you'll be impressed with the knowledge you've gained

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-15-14 11:01 PM
    Glad my whole thread turned into once again nothing to help end user but the regular back an forth.. folks... The end user didnt do anything to the phone an the end user has been training an managing cell phone stores for many years. When he reached out to his company contacts he was told no warranty was issued to the manager phones and now being with out the phone an using a different phone he has been missing the 'FLOW'

All im trying to do here is pull on some of the resources that we have here to see if someone has information on how to reset/restore this thing. As stated, BlackBerry Link dont connect to it.. the Autoloads cant connect either
    02-16-14 08:44 AM
    Have you tried on a different computer? Uninstall link reboot and re install? Made sure the computer is up to date with drivers and OS? A different USB cable?

Edit: try a different version of link?
    02-16-14 08:55 AM
    Ya.. tried 2 different Pcs, on the second one (Mine) two versions of Link an it all connects fine to my Z10. Difference cables..
    02-16-14 09:22 AM
    I found this...http://crackberry.com/how-reload-you...erating-system hope it helps. Also, make sure the USB cable is a data cable and not just a charging cable. I always use the BlackBerry USB cables. When I bricked my OS7 phone during an OTA update, I had to start the process with the battery out of the phone as stated previously. Not sure if that works for BB10 though...good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:32 AM
    thanks for the reference!.. Im using the cables from BB that came with the z10.. I think the thing that is killing us in the process is every process talks about turning the phone back on.. but you cant get the phone to stay on.. You press the power/hold power to turn it on an you get a flashing red light quickly an then it shuts off so you cant get to the point that the PC can even see it

More an more Im thinking this is a paper weight
    02-16-14 09:38 AM
    I'm not sure if it works with link or BB10 but with the pb you can have it off and have link or dm open and when you plug the pb in while off it'll prompt to update and or repair. It could just be a hardware failure too that happened to show up.
    02-16-14 09:43 AM
    My OS7 phone kept rebooting so it would not stay connected. It was driving me NUTS! I ended up finding a 5 year old article that had me start the process with no battery. Something about Safe Mode, I think. Some of the specifics were outdated, but the process worked. I just don't know if there is a similar process for BB10, or maybe the process shown in that link is that process. Sure looks like it. Have you tried a battery you know to have a charge?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:45 AM
    I was able to use an Autoloader on my bricked z10 after trying everything else for about 8 hours. You may have already tried this:

Phone NOT connected to computer. I fired up the autoloader. I removed the battery from my z10 and I hooked up the usb between computer and phone. See if anything happens and give it a few minutes. Add battery - anything happening?

Good luck.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-16-14 10:01 AM
    This has happened to me and a few of my friends. There is a 50/50 chance you will be able to fix this problem. I have a unit that just passed warranty of a year by a week and BlackBerry won't take it back they only deal with the carrier. Overall I have lost two device to this problem. Reloading the OS is your only hope, but getting it to connect is the issue.

Posted via CB10
    jrobertson73 likes this.
    02-16-14 11:25 AM
    thanks for the reference!.. Im using the cables from BB that came with the z10.. I think the thing that is killing us in the process is every process talks about turning the phone back on.. but you cant get the phone to stay on.. You press the power/hold power to turn it on an you get a flashing red light quickly an then it shuts off so you cant get to the point that the PC can even see it

More an more Im thinking this is a paper weight
    How did things come out? Were you able to un-nuke it?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:52 PM
    No dice.... She's a paper weight
    02-17-14 05:53 AM
    I have a similar problem with my Z10, only that this one does not come up at all. I mean, no red LED flash, no green light, nothing. The screen was not responding well, almost all the icons were not working, so I decided to do a factory restore using BB Link. It got to the security wipe stage and stayed there for almost 24 hours, so I pulled out the battery. After putting it back, the phone is as dead as a dodo. I tried autoloader, nothing! All avenues to reload the software has failed, as my system doesn't even see the phone when it is connected. Please Help!!!
    02-17-14 08:48 AM
    Try to pull the battery! Its always a problem solver for BB phones! LOL
    02-17-14 09:14 AM
    The battery could be very low so you can try another full battery. It sounds like you need to get the PC to reinstall the USB drivers properly. Doesn't matter if it recognises your friend's Z10 fine. Do you both have the same model? Make sure the battery is fully charged first. Make sure you have the latest BlackBerry Link installed. Plug in the phone to the USB port and then try the autoloader. After "Installing RAM Image" it might detect your device and attempt to install the driver before it can proceed. I doubt all is lost and that it's only a 50/50 chance you can get it back working. You just have to be patient and solve the issues that are actually affecting your "tools" to fix the main issue one at a time.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:44 AM
    Tried multiple batteries doesn't help.. its not a pc or cable or software issue

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:52 PM
30 12