Let me start by saying I realize that re-installing the OS might be my only option at this point BUT I am hoping someone else can shed some light and might have a different solution.

So I was streaming the news form the Z10's browser as I do every morning when I wake up as not to disturb my wife before I get ready for work. When I stopped the stream today the phone locked up...no buttons would work, no gestures...has happened at infrequent times in the past. I figured I will do a battery pull, hopped in the shower without giving it another though. Didn't look at it again until I got to work this morning and that is when the fun started!!!

Was able to log in with my password, and realized that the browser was still in the open apps, see through of course as it should be if the phone re-boots and you had open apps. No big deal, closed it and tried to go to my hub. Hub was not there...could not swipe left or up....so I tapped the icon on the bottom to take me to the hub and got black screen. Thought WTF...held the power button and clicked restart...after reboot the browser was there again, see through again...but I closed it...let it sit...same issue.

I cannot open any applications or settings, they close with in a second after I tap them. I have done several battery pulls, I thought for fun lets try uninstalling some apps and then reboot it. Upon reboot all the apps were back that I had deleted.

It is like the device has a stored reboot configuration that is corrupt and it will not delete or over write it. Again, I realize that my only action might be to re-install the OS...but that cannot happen until I get home tonight after work, just looking if there might be another option.

Device - Blackberry Z10 SLT 100-3 running OS 10.3.1 (sorry but I do not know the exact OS release because I cannot look at the settings on the phone due to the above issue, it is the same OS I have installed on my Q10 that is in a drawer at home, I will update when I get home tonight)

Thank you in advance!
    08-24-15 02:52 PM
    Try a good old fashion hard reset by holding the volume up and down in together until you see the blue loading circle then let go.
    rjkolo likes this.
    08-24-15 02:55 PM
    The only other option really would be to load the .BAR files from an OS and see if that helps but essentially, that requires all the same tools as reloading your OS so might as well just do that when you can. You can try some hard resets but.. meh.. not sure that'll work.
    rjkolo likes this.
    08-24-15 02:56 PM
    Hard Reboot had not thought of that ....but just gave it a try and it did not work either. Thanks for the tips and quick responses guys.

What are the odds of me creating a new backup and then doing a reinstall...and doing a restore and it actually working? I think my most recent backup is from about 6 months ago...don't want to have to go back that far if I don't have to.
    08-24-15 03:03 PM
    Well you can try plugging into link and see if it allows you to do a back up, but honestly i would only restore your contacts and set the phone up like new, you will have a lot less problems.
    08-24-15 03:09 PM
    Is there a way to backup/restore just contacts? I didn't think that was an option any longer, I thought they were included in the settings part of the backup and restore now.
    08-24-15 03:13 PM
    Is there a way to backup/restore just contacts? I didn't think that was an option any longer, I thought they were included in the settings part of the backup and restore now.
    I use contactx from BBW and save to my s/d card, works great for myself.
    08-24-15 03:15 PM
    That would be awesome...if I could access an apps...I believe I have that one installed...I guess I really wouldn't miss that many contacts....might go that way.
    08-24-15 03:20 PM
    Keep us posted , let us know it works out for you.
    rjkolo likes this.
    08-24-15 03:23 PM
    Well I just got home, attached it to my computer to try to backup...error...tried to restore from an old backup...error... I am currently restoring my last backup to my Q10 so I can have that, which is not the end of the world at all. (yep...totally BlackBerry addict I had to have both!!)

The only thing my Z10 would allow me to do from BB Link was a factory restore...and now I just got the LOVELY bb10-0021 error which means my security wipe failed....awesome...will keep you guys posted. Thank you very much for the interest!!!
    08-24-15 05:43 PM
    Just wanted to give an update to my issues in case someone has the same problem.

Tried several times to get the phone to reset to factory via BlackBerry Link with no success at all. It would continue to fail. Switched to my Q10 and used it for almost a month off of an old backup I had from about 3 months prior to this error. Didn't lose anything of significance, but I now backup my phone once a month.

Pulled out my Z10 last night, while I love the keyboard on the Q I miss the larger screen (bring on the Venice can't get here soon enough).

Downloaded an auto loader from some of the GREAT people here on CrackBerry. Installed and BAM, it worked! Used the device transfer in Link and I am back up and running on my Z10 and couldn't be happier!
    09-21-15 01:44 PM