exactly..

these frustrations make me want to buy iPhones. I CANNOT believe, being the BMW system based on QNX, that the music playback via bluetooth is so much better on iPhones (even my gf's iPhone 4) than on my Z10.

I mean, the data is there, the phone just needs to stream playlist information and album cover. iPhones do that flawlessly, my Z10 refuses to do so...

ARGHHHH somebody help
    12-10-13 01:01 PM
    Now, having said all that. I do wonder if since the iPhone is seen more as a 'media' device, why it is built to work. Whereas the BlackBerry is seen more of a 'business' / 'communications' device, thus less thought was put into the media side of things...

exactly..

these frustrations make me want to buy iPhones. I CANNOT believe, being the BMW system based on QNX, that the music playback via bluetooth is so much better on iPhones (even my gf's iPhone 4) than on my Z10.

I mean, the data is there, the phone just needs to stream playlist information and album cover. iPhones do that flawlessly, my Z10 refuses to do so...

ARGHHHH somebody help
    12-10-13 01:13 PM
    I don't think you understood what I said.

IPhone being a media device and blackberry being a communications business device, all of that doesn't matter, from a marketing point of view, systems built around the qnx architecture MUST work better with blackberry OS, darn it, it's the same freaking company...

Why would iPhone work better with a QNX based system?
    anon(153966) likes this.
    12-10-13 01:48 PM
    Answer to all your problem is in the statement you provided in the original post : " I am running leak..."

As such, not all functionality will work as expected and some new features will be shown...to get fully tested and functional device, please revert back to your provider OS. you might not see the car manufacturer logo as you connect, but media will work fine.

Alternatively, enjoy the features of the leak, and patiently wait for the next one or next official release... some say it's coming. they also say "winter is coming...", but that is completely different story.

Cheers.
    baracat likes this.
    12-12-13 06:24 AM
    Answer to all your problem is in the statement you provided in the original post : " I am running leak..."

Cheers.
    This has been pointed out several times but it seems the OP doesn't want to buy it. Loaded leak and then BT stopped working. I suggest the OP go onto the Leak/Beta thread and see if anyone else has found a leak that will restore functionality.
    12-12-13 06:40 AM
    This has been pointed out several times but it seems the OP doesn't want to buy it. Loaded leak and then BT stopped working. I suggest the OP go onto the Leak/Beta thread and see if anyone else has found a leak that will restore functionality.
    I may have found the source of my problems.

I could not find anywhere else in this forum if the Z10 has AVRCP 1.4

Can someone help me with this?

cheers,
    12-12-13 06:51 AM
    Hey guys! I use a Z10 (10.2.2.932) and a BMW 320d (2013). I have no problem with streaming my music from the sd card via Bluetooth. It works quite okay (without displaying cover or any additional information but the sound is okay). But if i run an app like soundcloud, tunein, spotify or deezer, the sound out of this app would not transferred. Most of the time it's silent and sometimes the music-app starts automatically to play simultaneously. This problem only emerges in my BMW. When using any Bluetooth speaker like the Mini Stereospeaker, everything works fine (stored music and streamed music via app). Has anybody an advice for me? (sorry for my English)
    10-20-14 02:51 AM
    Hey guys! I use a Z10 (10.2.2.932) and a BMW 320d (2013). I have no problem with streaming my music from the sd card via Bluetooth. It works quite okay (without displaying cover or any additional information but the sound is okay). But if i run an app like soundcloud, tunein, spotify or deezer, the sound out of this app would not transferred. Most of the time it's silent and sometimes the music-app starts automatically to play simultaneously. This problem only emerges in my BMW. When using any Bluetooth speaker like the Mini Stereospeaker, everything works fine (stored music and streamed music via app). Has anybody an advice for me? (sorry for my English)
    Your English is very good. No worries.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-21-14 10:41 AM
    I work for BMW and have my Z10 set up on every new 14 that I sell to test and make sure everything works well. All cars that have both the Navigation and the Connected Drive with ARTTI and Internet has worked when I connect my phone and use the browser. I am not running the newest leak. I am running 10.2.0.....

Also, I will check streaming ny music to make sure works and let you know.

I must say of all phones the BlackBerry is the best phone to show.off the capabilities on the BMW.

I think I have sold quite a few Z10 after showing people how it works with BMW lol. I joke they should put a BlackBerry kiosk there and I will sell both.

Posted via CB10
    Hello... I ran across your post when searching for BMW compatibility with Blackberry. I see you now have a Passport. I currently have a VZW Z30 running 10.3. I just ordered a 2016 X3 with Tech package (actually with all the packages) and am wondering if I'll be able to use the Z30 with the BMW apps and have full functionality.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
    07-18-15 01:09 PM
    Hi, you probably didnt tick the rSAP button on your bluetooth connectivity settings. I can guarantee that the phone and car are compatilble, thus the issue is only trying to sync them together.
    07-18-15 03:17 PM
35 12