Since updating my new z10 I was checking a film website when the screen went blank.
    Nothing worked so I tried to use the lock screen button on the top of the phone to force a shutdown. This did not work at first I was just about to pull the back off to pull the battery out when it shut down itself and successfully rebooted.
    Since this can happen to a brand new phone is their a guidance for when this situation occurs.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:45 AM
    Hi pompeipete and welcome to the CrackBerry forums !
    well, a white page within a browser session can happen when there's either a buggy plugin or a data transfer problem.
    I'm not sure what happened for you as you didn't mention if you tried to swipe up to close the browser session.

Weird thing is your OS is not supposed to freeze anyhow, due to QNX architecture, where processes are isolated.
    Then, I'm not sure if the web page/film is the cause of your problem or if we are in a "general/screen failure" situation.

This is pretty difficult to diagnose, please report back if it happens again, but I don't feel like you have to worry much nor to do something special now.

P.S: to help diagnose, you could try to launch that site again (give us the URL) and see if it happens again ...

Cheers
    SF
    02-03-14 04:59 AM
    Thanks SF that's helpful. The website was showcasecinemas.co.uk. It's not a good site to navigate on a phone as it is very dark. Incidentally the screen didn't go white but remained dark blue like when you first switch on. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:21 AM
    Just tested it on my Z30, no problem so far, including preview and tiling.
    Just keep an eye on this, but don't worry that much IMHO.
    Cheers
    SF
    02-03-14 05:58 AM