Hi all, I apologise if this has been covered but I couldn't find it anywhere. My problem relates to my new Z10 and my first generation BMG, I have tried and tried but I cannot get my phone to pair with it, heck it can't even find it! All my previous BB's have worked without a problem as does my 64gb playbook but saying that I my 16gb wont pair either! Any ideas would be gratefully received.
    02-07-13 03:09 PM
    Considering all BMG's are Bluetooth, they should connect with just about anything. Although, it won't be your phone or tablet(s). It will be the BMG, as you've said it's the first generation, meaning that it will possibly have an older version of Bluetooth.
    Marvic18 likes this.
    02-07-13 03:25 PM
    It may seem silly but have you tried to clear the BMG in case it has no more connections available? These devices can only hook up to so many BT devices before they are "full" and won't accept further connections. Find out how to reset and try again. As an older device, it may be limited to only a couple of devices before reaching capacity. I think the new BMG can have up to 5 devices before it maxes out. Just trying to help.
    Marvic18 likes this.
    02-07-13 03:26 PM
    Thanks for the ideas. My phone doesn't seem to have any problems pairing with my other bluetooth devices that are older than the BMG so I am baffled. As for resetting the device I don't know how it could be achieved although the principal seems sound.
    02-07-13 04:01 PM
    Looking back through my previous BB'S bluetooth options when adding devices you are given the option for your phone to be able to 'search' for new devices or to 'listen' for a device to find it, on the Z10 the only option is for it to be discoverable, now does this imply that the Z10 only 'listens' for devices instead of actively searching for them?
    02-07-13 04:10 PM
    This is from the "new" gateway model so some things don't apply to the old model (like having NFC on) but it is worth a try. To clear the device from previous pairings, press the button on top and hold for several seconds. See below;

I don't hear my audio files
    Try any of the following:
    ◦ Verify that your BlackBerry Music Gateway is paired with your smartphone.
    ◦ Verify that all audio cables are securely connected.
    ◦ Check the volume level on your stereo or speaker system.
    ◦ Verify that your stereo or speaker system is set to detect auxiliary input.
    ◦ Verify that the BlackBerry Music Gateway is plugged in to an outlet.
    I can't pair my BlackBerry Music Gateway with my
    smartphone
    Try any of the following:
    ◦ Verify that the BlackBerry Music Gateway is plugged in to an outlet and that it is
    turned on.
    ◦ On your smartphone, verify that your Bluetooth connection is turned on.
    ◦ On your smartphone, verify that NFC technology is turned on.
    ◦ Press and hold the button on the top of your BlackBerry Music Gateway for 3 to 6
    seconds to clear the pairing list, then try to pair up to 6 A2DP devices again.
    Marvic18 and hawks060910 like this.
    02-07-13 04:42 PM
    It worked! You are a legend thank you for your help and effort.
    Rickster1 likes this.
    02-07-13 04:53 PM
    Were you able to pair your 16 gb playbook with the first generation BGM after this too?

I had the same issues, Z10 and 16 gb playbook wouldn't pair with my first generation BGM. Cleared the pairing list on the BGM and now my Z10 pairs, but my 16 gb playbook still won't. I've never been been able to pair my pair playbook with my first generation BGM, but have been able to pair the playbook with other bluetooth enabled devices. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    04-09-13 09:46 AM