If you are within the wind zone its a no brainer...$30 & $40 a month unlimited everything! Obviously there coverage isn't Quite as good, but 98% of the time it's great!
    That's the reason why I haven't gone over to Wind. I like their prices, but I'm generally all over town and don't want to worry about coverage zones and such.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:52 AM
    I'm also with wind, on their miracle plan from last year. Was with robbers for a year and then Telus for 10. Telus was horrible, despite their amazing reception.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:53 AM
    I get Wind 4G, great coverage in Calgary. Quite often I have coverage when my wife's iPad (Rogers) does not.

I do lose service in elevators.

The worst part of Wind is calling in for any kind of support. It's akin to asking someone at Walmart a technical question - anything complex and your in trouble. I spent 8 hours, 4 phone calls and escalations just asking to swap a SIM card.

The best part is me and my wife went from 170/m combined at Rogers to 60/m Wind with unlimited text / calls / data

But you get more than what you pay for. I use mobile hot spot and tethering almost daily - no issues. Some peeps have issues with reception, in around Calgary I do not.

I love Wind. Too bad they regret doing business in Canada so bad and are up for sale. Much better than Rogers/Fido, Bell/Virgin, Telus/Koodo or Vodaphone/Verizon (as all phone companies seem to come in two these days). Worried about who buys Em.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:01 AM
    Also right now we are saving 1200 a year over Rogers - give or take based on the totals (just did my budget for last year) and that's with three months with US roaming charges.

And having worked at Telus. I would not trust them with my credit card info. They lost all their clients credit card numbers more than once to thieves while I worked there. And they worked hard to keep it quiet. Most people still don't know.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:05 AM
    Was with Robbers for may years, after spending hundreds of $ a month with them on crappy plans, and BS system access fees I made the jump to Wind in 2010. Wind has met my expectations, I happy to put up with a dropped call here or there for $40 unlimited everything. My Z10 is happy on the Wind network in almost all of the Greater Vancouver area most always showing full bars and 4G. I will say that the customer service at Wind is pretty much useless, as are most of the people working in their stores. Wind was late to get th Z10 compared to other Canadian carriers, when they did get them and I went tonthe store the girl working there didnt know they even got any new Blackberry and I had to show her a Tweet from Winds corporate Twitter feed for her to get off her rump and go find them.
    04-17-13 04:30 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one who calls Rogers - Robbers lol.

If I'm in an area or building that has no signal and have missed calls, I wouldn't be too concerned about that because Wind gives you missed call alerts via text messages. I will always know who's calling me and I can call them back later at my convenience

I also like Mobilicity as they offer similar things as Wind - a lot more bang for our bucks.
    Was with Robbers for may years, after spending hundreds of $ a month with them on crappy plans, and BS system access fees I made the jump to Wind in 2010. Wind has met my expectations, I happy to put up with a dropped call here or there for $40 unlimited everything. My Z10 is happy on the Wind network in almost all of the Greater Vancouver area most always showing full bars and 4G. I will say that the customer service at Wind is pretty much useless, as are most of the people working in their stores. Wind was late to get th Z10 compared to other Canadian carriers, when they did get them and I went tonthe store the girl working there didnt know they even got any new Blackberry and I had to show her a Tweet from Winds corporate Twitter feed for her to get off her rump and go find them.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:07 AM
    Glad to hear people who also benefit from WIND. I pay 12x $40= 480 a year + maybe 40-60 a year for WIND away for a total of $550 or so. With Rogers i would be on the $100 plan= $1,200 a year for a 3 year commitment of $3,600 vs $1650 with WIND. I'm more than happy to save $2,000 to deal with minor issues. I do agree that their customer service is bad but most are. Also I have found a direct line to their Windsor office, that way I can actually deal with an English speaking agent. Dealing with those agents in other countries is awful.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:40 AM
    Not sure how much longer wind will be in business, they are looking for a buyer for the company as they have never turned a profit. They continue to lose money.
    04-17-13 10:49 AM
    Been with them from the start, I'm on the original holiday promo where they pretty much gave away everything but the kitchen sink. If they get bought out I hope its not one of the big three.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:10 AM
    My friend is with Wind. I get frustrated trying to contact him because it seems he never has connection. A Few months ago my friend and I caved... We got him a pay as you go plan with rogers using a spare phone I have so we could get a hold of him. HE Gets to stay with wind and now I can get a hold of him.
    04-17-13 11:16 AM
    My friend is with Wind. I get frustrated trying to contact him because it seems he never has connection. A Few months ago my friend and I caved... We got him a pay as you go plan with rogers using a spare phone I have so we could get a hold of him. HE Gets to stay with wind and now I can get a hold of him.
    I have been with Wind for 2+ years and have never experience and issue of people chronically not being able to get in touch with me.

Not discounting your experience, but I think as this thread displays, it seems reception is a synergy between the carrier, location, device, etcetera.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:05 PM
    Here's the thing with Koodo, fido, et al, they do not get priority over a Telus or Rogers customer. In other words, if a Koodo and Telus customer dial out, Telus gives priority to the Telus call over the Koodo customer. So less likely chance of a dropped call. And when you are out in cottage country where towers are limited, it really makes a difference.

In the end, you do get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:23 PM
    Here's the thing with Koodo, fido, et al, they do not get priority over a Telus or Rogers customer. In other words, if a Koodo and Telus customer dial out, Telus gives priority to the Telus call over the Koodo customer. So less likely chance of a dropped call. And when you are out in cottage country where towers are limited, it really makes a difference.

In the end, you do get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    Curious to know exactly how the carrier would be able to give priority to one number over another?
    04-17-13 01:43 PM
    PGG- not sure where you got your information but that isn't true. Rogers owns Fido, Telus owns Koodo and Bell owns Virgin. I could see their Telus clients getting priority over their own koodo customers, but that has little relevance anymore as they all operate together, dropped calls are more of a concern 10 years ago, not so much now.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:48 PM
    No lte is bush..

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:48 PM
    I think it can even depend on what the coverage is like for Bell vs Rogers in your home and office. It sucks to be in a dead zone at home. I find that Rogers has better coverage at my office (I get 5 bars on P3 in the parking garage whereas Belus has No Signal) but Rogers has a dead zone on my way home where I often drop calls.

I occasionally take the Lakeshore East GO train from TO to Scarberia and much of the route gives a poor signal - I took it today and my Rogers iPad kept losing the signal and the woman across from me had two dropped calls. I asked her if she was on Roger and she said "Yeah, their coverage sucks"
    Yea, Rogers does have poor coverage along the Lakeshore East corridor. The dead zones for me seem to be just west of Scarborough station, and a section between Guildwood and Rouge Hill. Telus also suffers from poor coverage along that route as well, in my experience. I can only imagine WIND's coverage is even worse (and fall back onto Rogers' network).

I get better coverage everywhere else with Rogers, which is why I'm still with them as my cell provider.
    04-17-13 01:53 PM
    My plan on rogers with the Z10 is unlimited everything and comes to 2217.96 In 3 years. I'm assuming your wind 40 has tax on top so that's 1612.80. $600 difference in 3 years... I'd pay that in a heartbeat for call centers in canada helping our economy and easier to talk to, plus LTE plus I bought my phone the day it was released in canada not to mention I have service in elevators and parking garages. You pay bananas you get monkeys

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:11 PM
    Carson- if you're paying $61 a month for Rogers unlimited everything...then all the power to you. For new customers for 3 gigs and unlimited call and text its $100 a month + tax $113 a month x 36 = $4,068!

If I could pay $50-60 with Bell or Rogers I would, , but it comes with little to no data! For those customers with them for 5,6,7 years, then deals can be made.

For me I need at least 3gigs, and unlimited no

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:27 PM
    Yah I guess I'm pretty lucky I started with them when I did. This makes me scared to switch now lol

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:29 PM
    For plans around $50 on the big 3 Robbers... I doubt they'd give you unlimited everything Carson... definitely not as a new customer otherwise you'd need to bundle up your services but again I'm using Internet from a small provider and I don't even use cable TV

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:32 PM
    You pay bananas you get monkeys? You pay more, only to get robbed by robbers. I do agree that $60 is fair, but to me $100 is not. In Europe and Asia unlimited plans are $20, $25. Yet we pay triple? Why do you think they own the Rogers Centre and Bell Centre in Montreal, because of the billions they overcharge. I have respect for these companies because they are Canadian made and have grown to Global recognition, but as a consumer that doesn't mean we have to use them.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:42 PM
    I was on mobi 25 for talk text n dialup data.

Now 40 for 1000 minutes and unlimited text and data on Rogers lte.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:48 PM
    04-17-13 02:50 PM
    www?.lonelyplanet.com/europe/.../76922

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:57 PM
    Gunz $40 with unlimited data with Rogers?! I'm calling bull****! How did you manage that!!?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:59 PM
63 123