The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
    Can someone please tell me 'how' my company iPhone 5s is getting personal contacts and "Notes" (Blackberry Reminder notes) from my personal BB Z10?

The iPhone is a company phone, and I did not put, nor do I want, any of my personal data on it. I use it for specific Apple apps, and so the staff and contact me. The iPhone 5s is not connected to my home (wireless) network, and the contacts and the note were created on the Z10 while at home. I don't use social media, don't have BB Blend on the iPhone, and I don't have the phones paired in Bluetooth. There is no Hotspot turned ON on either phone...I have not turned it ON on the Z10 since I got the iPhone, and have never turned it ON on the iPhone. I do pair the Z10 with the car, but have never paired the iPhone with the car Uconnect.

Some of the original contacts the iPhone 'gleaned' or was 'given' came onto the phone 'after' they were created because I didn't even have the iPhone when I created the contact. I have never plugged the iPhone into my home computer, and I use a completely separate Apple ID and iCloud for the company iPhone than for my personal iPad...which I use for very specific uses...or the iPhone 5s I had briefly a few years ago before I got the Z10.

This is extremely annoying and unsettling, and should I abruptly leave the company (fatal accidents DO happen...LOL), I want the iPhone CLEAN for the next staff member...plus I want it CLEAN of ALL of my PERSONAL data ALL of the time.

I just cannot figure out HOW the iPhone has 'bribed' the Z10 to SHARE these personal data items...or HOW the Z10 has VOLUNTEERED TO SHARE them with the iPhone.

If there is a setting in the Z10/BBOS10 that I need to change to stop it 'volunteering' my personal data to the company iPhone 5s, I will eagerly change it, but I have not found one yet. Any suggestions/advice/explanations will be greatly appreciated. TIA...and bless you for helping me!

- Cat
    Y. Z. likes this.
    03-25-16 09:53 AM
    email address
    03-25-16 10:09 AM
    rbtg,

Thank you for trying to help me, but can you please explain further what you mean?
    Last edited by navillusc; 03-25-16 at 10:30 AM.
    03-25-16 10:15 AM
    rbtg,

Thank you for trying to help me, but can you please explain further what you mean?
    if you used your email address that you have set up on z10 with iphone and you entered your credentials you've got all your info transferred to ihone
    03-25-16 10:35 AM
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a common app that syncs across platforms and would have access to both your contacts and Remember notes... is Evernote on both phones? I would confirm that it doesn't share the same email as your BlackBerry 10.
    03-25-16 12:57 PM
    Thank you, rbtg, I very much appreciate the time you have taken to help me. But, that's the thing...I did 'not' get 'all' of my info transferred to the iPhone. Instead, I get an 'occasional, random' piece of personal data, out of 'everything' I create on the Z10, showing up on the iPhone, and it makes no sense to me because:

1. The 'only' email account 'common' to both phones is a company Exchange email account, and
    2. 'None' of the items I have found on the iPhone 'ever' sync'd 'to' 'any' company Exchange email account, from where they 'could' have sync'd to the iPhone if they had, and, in fact,
    3. 'None' of my personal items, such as contacts, has 'ever' sync'd to 'any' company Exchange email account from the Z10, and finally,
    4. iCloud is not accessible from the Z10 (or I don't know how to use/access it from the Z10), and since I don't use it on the Apple products, and therefore, have no 'need' to access iCloud...especially from the Z10.

So, I appreciate your help very much, and I apologize for my ignorance, but I still am completely at a loss to understand 'how' iPhone (iCloud?) could have gotten 'any' of my personal data when the only common denominator between the two phones is an Exchange email account 'that does not know about these personal data items' and so could 'not' have sync'd them from the Z10 to the iPhone.

Hope you are having a really great day!

- Cat
    03-25-16 01:11 PM
    Thank you, rbtg, I very much appreciate the time you have taken to help me. But, that's the thing...I did 'not' get 'all' of my info transferred to the iPhone. Instead, I get an 'occasional, random' piece of personal data, out of 'everything' I create on the Z10, showing up on the iPhone, and it makes no sense to me because:

1. The 'only' email account 'common' to both phones is a company Exchange email account, and
    2. 'None' of the items I have found on the iPhone 'ever' sync'd 'to' 'any' company Exchange email account, from where they 'could' have sync'd to the iPhone if they had, and, in fact,
    3. 'None' of my personal items, such as contacts, has 'ever' sync'd to 'any' company Exchange email account from the Z10, and finally,
    4. iCloud is not accessible from the Z10 (or I don't know how to use/access it from the Z10), and since I don't use it on the Apple products, and therefore, have no 'need' to access iCloud...especially from the Z10.

So, I appreciate your help very much, and I apologize for my ignorance, but I still am completely at a loss to understand 'how' iPhone (iCloud?) could have gotten 'any' of my personal data when the only common denominator between the two phones is an Exchange email account 'that does not know about these personal data items' and so could 'not' have sync'd them from the Z10 to the iPhone.

Hope you are having a really great day!

- Cat
    here is something else
    i borrowed an android phone for few days , did a factory reset before used it ,did a factory reset when i returned it and i end up with my friend's contacts on my android tablet that had nothing to do with the phone so i guess google ,apple are really much into your personal info
    03-25-16 01:41 PM
    semime,

Thank you. I do not think there are any apps on both phone that can sync to a common host...except Exchange email, which does not have 'any' of my personal items and has not ever, through several Exchange email accounts, which were set up at various times on my BB Z10.

I did install the Android "Evernote" on the Z10 at some point, which I do not use, but never installed Evernote on the company iPhone. I also think I installed it on one of my Android tablets, but I don't think I ever even tried Evernote...I seem to recall it wants you to log into it's 'host' for which you need to create an account) and I do not like to do that from any mobile device. I am sure I just need to remove Evernote from everything. I do use a 'rewards card' app (Android, not that they decided not to develop Key Ring for the BB10 OS...shame on them, addicting BB users then dropping us...LOL), but it doesn't sync that kind of data.

I have installed only a very few apps on the iPhone...not Key Ring...only company apps, except for "Fly Delta"...which was for company travel, and Firefox, which I don't sync any data with either and I don't have it on the Z10...I use the BB browser. I only use the company iPhone for mobile calls/texts from staff via the company VOIP app, which does not work on the Z10...actually, it is unable to 'understand' what to do with the auto-conf'g file on the BB using the Android VOIP app, and I do not seem to have all the settings to set it up manually...and it does not sync that type of data. I also have Slack on both phones, but it doesn't sync data which was not uploaded.

I prefer using the BB Z10 for everything because it is much nicer, larger screen, easier to use it the way I use a smart phone, and if Slack and 3CX worked on my Z10, I would give back the iPhone 5s in a heartbeat...I would not need a company phone except for those two apps. After all, I sent back an iPhone 5s a couple of years ago 'to buy' the Z10 on a different network. You may recall Sprint 'said' they would offer the Z10, then 'only' offered the 'Q' model.

Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

- Cat
    03-25-16 02:08 PM
    here is something else
    i borrowed an android phone for few days , did a factory reset before used it ,did a factory reset when i returned it and i end up with my friend's contacts on my android tablet that had nothing to do with the phone so i guess google ,apple are really much into your personal info
    I believe this to be apparently true, too...and YIKES!!!

I had an Android company phone briefly on a previous occasion, but, again, on company phones, I will not install anything other than what 'must' be put on them. I created a separate 'Google account' for the company Android phone...did not use my 'personal' Google account that I use for my tablets. I also created a separate 'company' Apple ID for this company iPhone 5s...did not use my personal Apple ID...which would/does not have even the Exchange email account on it.

I try to avoid having 'anything' go to the Google 'cloud' or iCloud either...with the possible exception of device recovery. I have wireless thumbdrives which those devices can use for file sharing...the personal devices...not the company devices. On the Android tablets, I 'only' have the 'required' gmail account...I do 'not' allow any of the other email accounts to be installed on any Android device. I do 'not' use Chrome on 'any' device, nor do I 'sync' anything except the Exchange email account. (I had gmail 'hijack' ALL...over 300...of my Blackberry contacts on the BB Torch BBOS7, to a Google Contact List, copying them to the 'Google cloud' where I had to log in and delete them after removing the gmail account from my phone), and this is one of the 'main reasons' for my decision to completely, as much as is humanly possible, isolate gmail from all other email. Thank goodness I caught it early in the process!!)

On my iPad, which is a 'special use' (personal) device, it 'only' has Apple iCloud, I think, not even a personal email account except if Apple provides one, and certainly not the company Exchange email account.

This is my quandry...other than Exchange email, which is 'ignorant' of these items or my company Outlook client would be slathered with my personal data...there is no common denominator that could easily cause this, that I have been able to think of, which is 'by design' (by me), of course.

- Cat
    03-25-16 02:38 PM
    Well, I concede... I'm lost lol I have no idea what's going on. I hope someone can help you figure out this situation.
    03-25-16 02:44 PM
    Well, I concede... I'm lost lol I have no idea what's going on. I hope someone can help you figure out this situation.
    Hahaha...thanks! I'm bumfuzzled myself. I appreciate all your help!

- Cat
    03-25-16 03:07 PM