I have been using BB for a few years now, and just few weeks back i upgraded to Z10.
    What i've been noticing though, is whenever i used my Z10 to scan other people's pin QRCode, whether the one i scan is bb10 or earlier version, they will be immediately in my contact (in a few mins or sometimes just a few secs) without approval needed from them.

I dont know if this happen only if your BB are close proximity to the one you are scanning (u're scanning right from the qrcode owner device display), or it only need a picture of ur QRCode for this to happen.
    The need to confirm this, because if this true, those QRCode just became really important to protect, u're not gonna want your QRCode to be shared and got spammed.

So i gotta ask you guys, whose had more than 1 blackberry, or living with other whose owned a blackberry also, to test and confirm this.
    Thank you before.
    Because i've searched via google and i cant seem to find any article mentioning this.
    Last edited by LinoLear; 04-07-13 at 10:47 PM.
    04-07-13 10:36 PM
    It's that way because BlackBerry figures if someone is close enough to you to scan your QR code then you must have open and provided the code for them to scan.

And if your brave enough to place a photo online or on social networks then you deserve the what may app, spam etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 02:00 AM
    I think when they did the BBM stress test analysis they mentioned that the auto addition only works when the barcode is shown on the phone.

I.e. If you post the barcode it would not allow people to automatically be added to BBM unless it was shown on your phone.
    A reasonable assumption to be honest - if you show someone the barcode you possibly want to add them.

Posted via CB10
    LinoLear likes this.
    04-08-13 02:43 AM
    I believe that the invite will only 'auto-approve' whilst your barcode is showing on your device. The moment you exit that screen, that will no longer be the case.

Posted via CB10
    LinoLear likes this.
    04-08-13 02:52 AM